The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

8 hours ago, Scruffy05 said:

Image result for brock boeserMV5BMjEwODc4MTI1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkyNjM4NA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Is it just me or does he look like a young Gregg Henry? I think we know exactly what he will look like in 20-30 years.

Brock's a young Nick Nolte. Apparently Hollywood has ALREADY approached him(& Jordan Subban) to film a 2017 version of movie classic, 48 Hours!

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Is it unreal to suggest that Boeser could get 20 goals in his first full year?

Dude is a special player.

As long as he plays atleast half as good as he is now. 

He averages a goal every 2 games right now!! 

I honestly see 40G potential. He's going to be our Ovi!!

• Upvote 1

This guy will be huge for our PP next year. We can't expect him to get 40 goals, but 20-25 with 40-50 points is very attainable with his skill set.

Still a lot a learning to go tho obviously.

Hope we can all be patient next year and not freak out when he has inevitable slumps.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

This guy will be huge for our PP next year. We can't expect him to get 40 goals, but 20-25 with 40-50 points is very attainable with his skill set.

Still a lot a learning to go tho obviously.

Hope we can all be patient next year and not freak out when he has inevitable slumps.

Exactly, he's just a kid and does need to earn his spot. its easier to shine in hard times. See how he does in training camp and if he outplays his competitors then ill be more then happy to watch! But he is just a kid and his development is more important then pleasing fans

Boeser is looking great. Really showong some next level finish. One of those guys that the puck finds a way in the net for.

We have really needed a threat on that side of the ice on the PP with the twins for a long long time. We just need the puck moving dman with vision up top as well.

One criticism I have and Boeser will pick up on this watching the tape and seeing from the other angles is he sometimes locks himself out as a passing option by standing directly in line with the right wing player kn thr PK. 

You can see danny or hank looking over for the cross ice pass but its not there. Laine is a magician on fading and making that seam pass available. Hopefully Boeser can make that adjustment otherwise the only one timer option will be the bigh dman to Boeser.  The PK pkayers in the nhl are too good positionally to move out of the lane which may be what he is used to seeing in College and why he stays still on that side waiting for an opening to create itself rather than creating it himself.

34 minutes ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

Boeser is looking great. Really showong some next level finish. One of those guys that the puck finds a way in the net for.

We have really needed a threat on that side of the ice on the PP with the twins for a long long time. We just need the puck moving dman with vision up top as well.

One criticism I have and Boeser will pick up on this watching the tape and seeing from the other angles is he sometimes locks himself out as a passing option by standing directly in line with the right wing player kn thr PK. 

You can see danny or hank looking over for the cross ice pass but its not there. Laine is a magician on fading and making that seam pass available. Hopefully Boeser can make that adjustment otherwise the only one timer option will be the bigh dman to Boeser.  The PK pkayers in the nhl are too good positionally to move out of the lane which may be what he is used to seeing in College and why he stays still on that side waiting for an opening to create itself rather than creating it himself.

I agree on this. But, Boeser is a real smart player. I feel he will figure it out. If this kid becomes a explosive shifty skater. He could pop in 40 at some point in his career. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I agree on this. But, Boeser is a real smart player. I feel he will figure it out. If this kid becomes a explosive shifty skater. He could pop in 40 at some point in his career. 

Big IF there, but I agree, If he can improve his skating as horvat has, we have an amazing talent on our hands!

i'm not putting too much stock in boeser's play lately. 

only because most of the teams who are fighting and battling for playoff spots probably aren't putting their best against the canucks. 

i'm more curious as to how boeser will perform next season; and what i'm curious about is how boeser will do come training camp. 

i'm almost certain that boeser will make the canucks; and i'm certain that he's going to do everything in his power to improve his skating in the off-season. 

3 hours ago, khay said:

He will be a consistent 30 goal scorer for us. 

I'll go out & say this now, Brock will give Bo a go for the scoring title next year & could be our scoring leader by as early as that or shortly thereafter. Unless of course we get Nico?  We have 100% found one of our top line wingers already.

What a stud.

Edited by CoolCanucklehead
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Big IF there, but I agree, If he can improve his skating as horvat has, we have an amazing talent on our hands!

That's the biggest thing right now, his skating. He doesn't seem to have that last gear and his acceleration is lacking. It's expected though. He's young and used to the college pace. An off season working on his skating will do wonders for him. Once he completely matures, he's going to be a very dangerous player.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Boeser has the potential to the be our best player as early as next year. There I said it. 

He's played well but I don't think he's going to get a tap in goal every other game for an entire season.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

He's played well but I don't think he's going to get a tap in goal every other game for an entire season.

No I totally agree. But if he can get say 7-10 pp goals (not out of the question) then say 15, 5v5 goals (not out of the question) I think he's looking pretty good. Plus roofing the puck isn't a tap in. Neither is scoring from the high slot. His other 2 you could argue at being tap ins but even then you know Brock knows how to get open and find the space to score. That's not as simple for some players. 

11 hours ago, khay said:

He will be a consistent 30 goal scorer for us. 

yeah I hope so. Craig button on 1040 recently said Boeser would likely net 25-30 goals next season.  this prediction was made when he was still in North Dakota.  (before his nhl stint)

51 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

yeah I agree.  but if he plays with the sedins he's going to be a beast. I'm not sure of 5 on 5 he's a good fit with the Twins but man they look on the pp.

Danny with the quick backhand pass. could be putting up vrbata #s with the Twins. :D

• Upvote 1