The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Yes, it would be ideal if they won a Cup before Boeser and Pettersson etc are due for big raises. Canucks need to bring in some snarl and grit. Teams won't go too far without that ingredient and the Canucks are lacking in that area, especially with Dorsett gone. Team isn't getting much tougher either with Juolevi, Pettersson and Dahlen soon to be here.  Hopefully Benning will work his magic and get us a monster lol

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Boeser's 1st goal last night was spectacular. The way he froze Josi, incredible patience waiting until he was able to thread the needle through Josi's legs and fired a blind laser top right corner. Rinne had no chance. And Josi/Rinne are considered two of the NHL's best at what they do. 

That's a patented shot from Boeser. The goalie has no chance to pick that puck up through the defenders legs. It made me think to myself. I wonder if he's ever hit anyone in the nuts with that through the legs shot. Hmmmm.

14 hours ago, apollo said:

Cap wise... we have to push for a cup ASAP before Brock gets his raise. I don't think it's unrealistic for this team to push for a cup legitimately next year 2018/19 season. 

I don't see why Brock can't be part of the core team. As we've seen in teams that have won a cup and won again after their team got into cap trouble. If you can identify your core everyone else can be replaced 

Right now I see Horvat and Boeser as part of that core. Though I'm not sure who else 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, apollo said:

Cap wise... we have to push for a cup ASAP before Brock gets his raise. I don't think it's unrealistic for this team to push for a cup legitimately next year 2018/19 season. 

This year it's even possible...but 2018/19 could be a guaranteed cup if Sedins re-sign for 1 mill each (hometown discount to win cup)... Sign Tavares UFA maybe? 11 million? Or other UFA's or just go for Kane instead of JT. 

This team has proven it can demolish the Stanley Cup Champs... there's no reason we shouldn't go all in and go for the cup next season.

Next year is his last on ELC.  By that time, at best the likes of Pettersson, Dahlen, and Juolevi will be just rookies.  We'll be fine with cap, as the Sedins will be off the books and our highest-paid forwards Loui, Bo, and Sutter average only $5.3 million per.

On 2017-12-01 at 12:52 PM, apollo said:

Yup! https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/VAN/1992_games.html 

To be fair, Pavel only had 1 goal and 1 assist and that 11-0 shelling of the Phlegms 

Sergio Mommesso had 4 points that game!

I still remember the photo in the Province the next day, just a photo of the score clock :).  Couldn't find it on the internet though. 

• Cheers 1

On 01/12/2017 at 2:52 PM, apollo said:

Yup! https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/VAN/1992_games.html 

To be fair, Pavel only had 1 goal and 1 assist and that 11-0 shelling of the Phlegms 

Sergio Mommesso had 4 points that game!

I remember watching that. I think it was an afternoon game.

As a guy who's first real hockey memory was game 7 OT in 1989, watching my team take the boots to the Flamers was thoroughly enjoyable.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Canuck_In_Paradise said:

Brock is a star in the making, we just need to temper the expectations a bit and let him learn to cope with slow times (which unfortunately will eventually come). That shot is so lethal though, he really is quite an asset for our power play, I just wish he was setup more! 

Pettersson.

• Upvote 1

Pettersson, Brock and Horvat have to be part of the core right now. I know Pettersson hasnt played an NHL game yet. but the way he’s trending. it looks inevitable that he’ll be producing the way Boeser has been this season so far. i think the Canucks will be fine with the cap. Brock will be paid for what he’s worth. and he will deserve every penny he gets. he’s producing without NHL experience. wonder what the young man will do with more NHL experience. 

On 12/1/2017 at 1:00 PM, apollo said:

This year it's even possible...but 2018/19 could be a guaranteed cup if Sedins re-sign for 1 mill each (hometown discount to win cup)... Sign Tavares UFA maybe? 11 million? Or other UFA's or just go for Kane instead of JT. 

This team has proven it can demolish the Stanley Cup Champs... there's no reason we shouldn't go all in and go for the cup next season.

Look at Chicago. They've had great drafting lately (something Benning's good at) and keep trading players away only to have someone else step up. That could be us in the future!

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Look at Chicago. They've had great drafting lately (something Benning's good at) and keep trading players away only to have someone else step up. That could be us in the future!

Also doesn't hurt when Scotty Bowman is making calls to the old boys club to pull strings for him and hand his son cups...

On 12/1/2017 at 1:00 PM, apollo said:

Seriously?!?!?!?!?!??? I appreciate your optimism. I really do. However, I'm pretty sure I don't share such. Let me put it this way...............

Boeser and Pettersson will be elite allstar players. My thinking is that they, along with Horvat, and possibly Juolevi ,will be the top payed players by the time we seriously contend. It seems the normal practice. All of Toews, Kane, Crosby and Malkin all got big pay raises before winning the big one. And even before their SC wins, they were playoff contenders.

My guess is all of the old 2011 core will be gone by the time that happens. I'd really love for the Sedins and yes, even Edler to win the big one as Canucks, but can we really expect that to happen in 2018/2019. I mean, come on!