Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sign Kane this summer.

Kane, Pettersson, Boeser 

Dahlen, Horvat, Virtanen 

Goldobin, Gaudette, Lind

Gadjovich, Gaunce, Granlund

It might be a little premature to thrust Pettersson into the first line centre position right away imo. He needs to gain weight and develop more man strength before he can be relied upon to fulfil that role. One year in the AHL won't hurt his development. He can get accustomed to playing centre in a smaller rink against men in North America before facing the rigors and challenges of playing against the best players in the world. We need to be careful with this incredible talent. There's no reason to rush this kid. He must be put into a position to succeed. And by all means if he destroys the AHL even if he's there for half a season bring him up. I actually wouldn't mind if the Sedins signed a one year deal (at a much lower salary) and have Pettersson play on a wing with them if he lights up the AHL. 

On 10/16/2017 at 8:47 AM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Thanks for the report.

...from the little I have seen from clips and prospects camp...his game is understated but solid...except when he is laying out Pettersson behind the net or roofing one while coming hard down the wing.

His game is hounding on D. and tricky little passes at speed on O. and his release is Boeser like...accuracy as well.

He doesn't seem to have the flashy moves of Pettersson...just all around solid play..

Yeah, he is obviously ready to move on from college hockey.  I have followed him closely for the past few years and would describe him as you have, he plays a very up and down the ice game.  He is not going to be a superstar as some people seem to think, but rather a very good top 6 guy and worse case scenario a very very good third line guy.    Bottomline Benning has drafted a player that looks like he will be a NHLer and one that might make it sooner rather than later.    

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sign Kane this summer.

Kane, Pettersson, Boeser 

Dahlen, Horvat, Virtanen 

Goldobin, Gaudette, Lind

We would be absolutely slaughtered with that lineup next season LOL.

5 years that squad will be raising all kinds of hell though.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

Baertschi?

Traded. 

43 minutes ago, tas said:

eriksson?

Traded/bought out. 

40 minutes ago, Kungfudru said:

It might be a little premature to thrust Pettersson into the first line centre position right away imo. He needs to gain weight and develop more man strength before he can be relied upon to fulfil that role. One year in the AHL won't hurt his development. He can get accustomed to playing centre in a smaller rink against men in North America before facing the rigors and challenges of playing against the best players in the world. We need to be careful with this incredible talent. There's no reason to rush this kid. He must be put into a position to succeed. And by all means if he destroys the AHL even if he's there for half a season bring him up. I actually wouldn't mind if the Sedins signed a one year deal (at a much lower salary) and have Pettersson play on a wing with them if he lights up the AHL. 

Yeah sorry, that fantasy lineup was definitely meant for a few years in the future. 

12 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

We would be absolutely slaughtered with that lineup next season LOL.

5 years that squad will be raising all kinds of hell though.

See above. 

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

Traded. 

Traded/bought out. 

Yeah sorry, that fantasy lineup was definitely meant for a few years in the future. 

See above. 

eriksson isn't going anywhere with that contract. it's time everyone accepts that unless he retires he'll still be a canuck when bo horvat is 27. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tas said:

eriksson isn't going anywhere with that contract. it's time everyone accepts that unless he retires he'll still be a canuck when bo horvat is 27. 

His contract is actually quite tradeable after his bonus is paid in the 5th year.

'Everyone' needs to quit making blanket statements about Eriksson's contract without looking at, or understanding how it's structured. 

Edited by aGENT

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Enlighten us.

$5m actual cash over those last 2 years after his bonus is paid or basically $2.5m per season.

Plus we could retain salary on top of that. 

And he needs to give a 16 (+ if there's further expansion) trade list. No more NMC or full NTC.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

$5m actual cash over those last 2 years after his bonus is paid or basically $2.5m per season.

Plus we could retain salary on top of that. 

And he needs to give a 16 (+ if there's further expansion) trade list. No more NMC or full NTC.

Eriksson has a total salary paid out is $8 million in his final two years.  4 million per year. 

2020-21 – Salary: $1MM, Bonus: $3MM = $4MM
2021-22 – Salary: $3MM, Bonus: $1MM = $4MM

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

"After his bonus is paid" was the stipulation in @aGENT's post.

Signing bonuses are paid out on July 1st. So any trade after July 1st, 2020 would be moving only $5 million total remaining salary for the final two seasons of the deal.

Yes that makes sense and it does remove some of the scare,. But still very skeptical on whether that makes him "quite tradeable".  It will all come down to his play.  We couldn't move Higgins for 2.5 cap (with offering to retain cap) in his final year.  At some point teams just simply don't value aged players, no matter how cheap their cap is. 

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Off topic, can you guys give me the link to the Adam Gaudette thread? Can't seem to find it today. ;) 

Didn't you hear it has been merged into Louis eriksson thread. 

13 hours ago, aGENT said:

Sign Kane this summer.

Kane, Pettersson, Boeser 

Dahlen, Horvat, Virtanen 

Goldobin, Gaudette, Lind

6 rookies. 

3 guys on their 2nd year. 

2 really young guys in Bo and Granny. 

And Kane as the wise veteran.  

What a garbage season this lineup has ahead of them.   

Deniro, is that you?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

6 rookies. 

Deniro, is that you?

Hey come on, I may hype prospects, but there's no way I'd ever post a lineup like that.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

6 rookies. 

Deniro, is that you?

He posted this as a "future lineup" not necessarily next season. 

• Upvote 1