The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

Its funny watching how many people are worried about an expansion draft for Seattle. Although I'd be completely shocked if Seattle didn't get a team at this point, you can't run the franchise right now, based on something that may (likely) happen down the road. There's plenty of time to prepare for that, once they have actually been awarded a franchise.

Until then, full speed ahead on developing good new, young talent.

Again, I think it can be considered a given that Seattle will get a team, but there's a lot up in the air still on which season they will be able to begin operations for. They have to finish their review with the league (personally I think will be done in time for a vote around the draft), and they have to finish their building, which could be longer than anyone is expecting. Their arena is supposed to be ready for Oct 2020, but they are really just beginning construction, timelines can change a lot.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

The Canucks would FINALLY have a TRUE #1 D pairing in this league which we've been missing forever but let's make sure that doesn't happen.  :wacko::blink:

Yep otherwise who would we pair him with,  Gud or Stetcher. Even if we don't get him then who does Ollie pair with

Gud lol

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, smithers joe said:

louie will have a ntc not a nmc by the time expansion happens. last time, ntc players could be left unprotected. 

9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

players negotiate for NMCs so they don't have to be asked. 

@Canadian Clay Loui's no movement protection is over at the end of this season. In his deal it is now a full NTC for 2 years, then a modified NTC (15 team list) for the last two. He's going to be on the Seattle exposed list for sure if he's still here, but I could also see a trade being possible if he doesn't want to end up in Seattle and wants to pick a new spot to go to. But he may be just fine with Seattle too. He'd be a great player for an expansion team. He could pass on defensive skills to the younger guys, and his actual salary will be lower than his cap hit, thats pretty much ideal for an expansion club. 

When I refferred to LE needing to be protected I meant in the Las Vegas expansion draft. I know he doesn’t need to be for the seattle one

6 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Sorry, but we need a guy like Guddy with Dahlin or he will get pounded. 

Tanev needs to be sent out to add more to the youth movement. 

Tanev is a great player, but a little too fragile for our team ATM. 

Guddy needs his own sheltering. Without Edler, Guddy has looked pretty not so goody.

And without Tanev Canucks haven't been goody at all either.

He tried to do that with Hutton, how'd that turn out.

10 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

When I refferred to LE needing to be protected I meant in the Las Vegas expansion draft. I know he doesn’t need to be for the seattle one

I forgot Loui Eriksson was on this team lol. Last game I remember him was vs boston in our thrashing of the Bruins.

Good thing about Gaudette being from Boston. He's gonna wanna show up vs his home town team lol.  Cryptonite!

Just now, Rush17 said:

I forgot Loui Eriksson was on this team lol. Last game I remember him was vs boston in our thrashing of the Bruins.

Good thing about Gaudette being from Boston. He's gonna wanna show up vs his home town team lol.  Cryptonite!

I mean.. dynooomite!!

12 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Guddy needs his own sheltering. Without Edler, Guddy has looked pretty not so goody.

And without Tanev Canucks haven't been goody at all either.

He tried to do that with Hutton, how'd that turn out.

Like I said, if we get Dahlin.... think he might be the skilled d man that brings out the best in guys like Guddy and Edler. 

Joulevi is also on tap. It is conceivable that if we do ‘win’ the losers lotto, that our defence will be entirely different next season and that there may be enough skill to support moving Tanev out for more youth coming in. 

Its less about what we have and more about what others may want. Tanev is the only asset we have that has decent value and isn’t young. 

He could get a valuable price in a package to a team that wants to win now vs is, build for the future. 

Toronto, Edmonton, NYI, LA, Wash etc.  

EmW