The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

34 minutes ago, nzan said:

Agreed!

Though I started messing with lines based on Gaudette and Baertschi looking good together in preseason -

Miller Pettersson Boeser - legit top line

Baertschi Horvat Gaudette - could click nicely

Ferland Sutter Virtanen- smashing becoming scoring 

The issue I see with that third line is the lack of a playmaker.  I think the Canucks have too many tweeners - third liners.  Leivo, Baertschi, Pearson, Virtanen, Gaudette, Sutter - Goldobin just doesn't seem to fit and I think it's time to move on from him hopefully for another project or later round pick. 

I don't want Gaudette sent down but I don't think the Canucks want to lose assets until they know what they have.  Gaudette has earned  a spot but it may take time to clear the decks a bit so to speak and sort through all the players.  I would like to see this though.  Just my opinion but there are so many options and opinions:

Ferland Petey Boeser (Gaudette if Boeser isn't ready)

Baertschi Horvat Miller

Pearson Sutter Leivo

Motte Beagle Virtanen

Goldobin

Gaudette sent down until they can move someone or injury occurs.

Schaller / *Eriksson (*I can dream) - waived

2 hours ago, Borvat said:

I have hoped this is what they would try. Makes the bottom six even deeper and gets 2 centers on each line. 

Ferland Petey Gaud

Miller Bo Boeser

The Alien and the Hockey Gaud are sure to create some magic!

Boston seems to of had a thing for having two centres on each line as it allowed them to be much more aggressive in faceoff dot. Once AG88 gets established in the NHL after a couple years, he can center his own line and we can bring in Podz for the top winger role.

I might be an outlier, but 5v5 I have actually liked Boeser with Horvat more than him playing on a line with EP40. I’d like to see what he can do with Miller and Horvat digging and owning the boards while Boeser opens up more creative scoring chances.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nzan said:

Agreed!

Though I started messing with lines based on Gaudette and Baertschi looking good together in preseason -

Green has been pretty clear that Ferland will play with Pettersson though.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 4

20 hours ago, nzan said:

Agreed!

This will eventually be the line that was meant to be....

as well, Miller will move to Petterson's line and Baer, Horvat and Pearson will gel into the second line.

Time will tell...

Well he was close to getting a spot last season also, if the staff saw something during this training camp im not surprised he took a spot on the team. Only shocker is that its on the cost of Baer. His results were good so im just trying to figure out where to place Gaud. 

Ferland-Petey-Boeser

Pearson/leivo-Bo-Miller

Leivo/pearson-Sutter-Gaud/Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte/Roussel

Seems rather legit, but who plays and who becomes the reserve? day to day practice decides?

1 hour ago, Mrwipeout said:

Well he was close to getting a spot last season also, if the staff saw something during this training camp im not surprised he took a spot on the team. Only shocker is that its on the cost of Baer. His results were good so im just trying to figure out where to place Gaud. 

Ferland-Petey-Boeser

Pearson/leivo-Bo-Miller

Leivo/pearson-Sutter-Gaud/Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte/Roussel

Seems rather legit, but who plays and who becomes the reserve? day to day practice decides?

Eriksson sells 50/50 tickets and gets coffee for the press box residents for the full year.  He shouldn't be on this roster.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hope Gaudette can keep it up. Even Ty Rattie lit it up last preseason and where is the Canadian now?  KHL?

I do like management keeping their word that they would make room for players that deserve it. 

Edited by kloubek
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, kloubek said:

Hope Gaudette can keep it up. Even Ty Barrie lit it up last preseason and where is the Canadian now?  KHL?

I do like management keeping their word that they would make room for players that deserve it. 

I think you mean someone else.  :bigblush:

Barrie is in Toronto and soon gonna get PAAIIIDDDDD! 

On 9/27/2019 at 6:44 AM, Phat Fingers said:

The guy has been beastly this preseason.  

Easily the best attacking forward and hungry for the net.  

Let's agree that the top two lines will be ...

Ferland Ep40 Boeser

Pearson/Baer Horvat Miller

Our bottom six is very flexible.  

Gaudette with Baer/Pearson and Virtannen/Sutter.  

Beagle with Leivo/Motte and Virtannen/Eriksson.  

Gravoic, McEwan and Goldy....  

Lots of option, almost too many.  

Too me, Gaudette is pushing everyone.  Too me, he is our next Kesler.  A guy who took a winger spot and did very well until he could graduate to center.  

Gaudette is a NHL caliber LW atm.  A 3rd liner for sure.  

Make it tougher on Green.  

I was thinking the same thing, he has the grit, skills and fire like Kesler. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

I was thinking the same thing, he has the grit, skills and fire like Kesler. 

Hopefully without the im outta here cause im in it for me aftertaste. And I have a Kesler jersey for sale so there is that lingering bitterness. 

• Like 1

Must be tough to be Gaudette right now, watching all those players he out performed in training camp play terribly. Out bottom 6 winger where garbage, and Was that sutter with the brutal turnover to lead to mcdavid goal

Edited by Dats hockey
  • Wat 1

Just now, Dats hockey said:

Must be tough to be Gaudette right now, watching all those players he out performed in training camp play terribly. Out bottom 6 winger where garbage, and Was that sutter with the brutal turnover to lead to mcdavid goal(think that was him)

Yeah that goal was on Sutts and Hughes.

If we call Gaudette up it should be as winger though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dats hockey said:

Not sure where the idea to play loui and schaller over him but they need to get the memo of it’s not tank time anymore

I thought we played good defensively overall. We had less giveaways, penalties and kept the Oilers to 22 shots in EDM during their home opener.

Their stars showed up though and capitalized on the few mistakes we made.

Our offense didn't play good. 0/4 on PP and both goals we had were from the point shots.

I'd try to still incorporate Gaudette somewhere though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I thought we played good defensively overall. We had less giveaways, penalties and kept the Oilers to 22 shots in EDM during their home opener.

Their stars showed up though and capitalized on the few mistakes we made.

Our offense didn't play good. 0/4 on PP and both goals we had were from the point shots.

I'd try to still incorporate Gaudette somewhere though.

You need to score in this league, playing a super defensive game, and being hemmed into your own zone isn’t the way to play, eriksson doesn’t bring a good breakout pass or carry option to the team he bring dump and change(yes not chase change.....) schaller is the same thing but might chase I feeling having Baer or Guad or both in the lineup would make us have better possessions number and maybe defending less which would also lead to less injuries. So to your point I didn’t like the way our bottom 6 played they aren’t meant to just defend.

12 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

You need to score in this league, playing a super defensive game, and being hemmed into your own zone isn’t the way to play, eriksson doesn’t bring a good breakout pass or carry option to the team he bring dump and change(yes not chase change.....) schaller is the same thing but might chase I feeling having Baer or Guad or both in the lineup would make us have better possessions number and maybe defending less which would also lead to less injuries. So to your point I didn’t like the way our bottom 6 played they aren’t meant to just defend.

You can't get lit up all the time either. That's why I am personally against Gaudette as 3rd line C right away. I'd rather see Gaudette as a RWer or back to the AHL so he can work on his overall game if we want him at C but he's outplayed a lot of wingers.

We out shot the Oilers 33-22, they had 6 more giveaways than us, and we had 2 more PPs. We played, as Bo described, a good 50 minutes. We just made a couple of costly mistakes. The Oilers made more mistakes but we weren't able to capitalize while they did. I didn't see us hemmed up as you describe and the statistics don't agree with you either.

Our top 6 wasn't as good as theirs. That's all this game was. Peeps be putting too much flak into this. If the PP scores one goal we are having a different discussion.

A scoring 3rd line isn't going to get much offense opportunity behind Peteys and Bo's line. No PP time or o-zone starts behind those two and playing Bo's line in the defensive zone is dumb, his line is going to be way better than any 3rd line offensively. The 3rd line NEEDS to be able to check because they are going to be used in the D-zone a lot.

THAT said I would like to see Gaudette in the lineup. I also don't know why Virtanen is on the opening night roster. he's been bad all but one preseason game and doesn't PK or PP. Also when Motte's back i'd replace him with one of Eriksson/Schaller since he hits and Gaudette can replace the other.

• Cheers 1