The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I kind of agree, but selfishly like having the depth of talent Baer provides.  With his contract he gets paid the same whether in the NHL or AHL.  You’re right though.  Baer is clearly an NHL player, and deserves to play in the league.  

I think it will work out in the end, Alf.  Baer has to prove himself for awhile, so that gms can see that he can play a top 6 game and stay healthy.  He has to get his confidence back.  In the meantime, how great is it that Gaud goes down to Utica and continues to play with NHL players in Baer and Goldy.  This is a great opportunity for Gaud to C a line that is offensive.  He would get that with the Canucks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I think it will work out in the end, Alf.  Baer has to prove himself for awhile, so that gms can see that he can play a top 6 game and stay healthy.  He has to get his confidence back.  In the meantime, how great is it that Gaud goes down to Utica and continues to play with NHL players in Baer and Goldy.  This is a great opportunity for Gaud to C a line that is offensive.  He would get that with the Canucks. 

100% agree Higgy.  Bear is super likeable person.  If he’s not with us, I’d be happy for him to be with any NHL club.  JB sure is good at finding the people with high character.  

• Cheers 1

The poster saying sending Baer down (and letting him get his game back) will prevent other players from signing in Vancouver is just being silly. 

oh yea...I am sure some NHL player won't sign in Van and take millions of dollars cuz some other guy got sent down...

What a ridiculous comment.

Anyway, Baer will once again prove himself and either get called back up by the Canucks when appropriate or get traded (my money is on him getting called back up).

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The poster saying sending Baer down (and letting him get his game back) will prevent other players from signing in Vancouver is just being silly. 

oh yea...I am sure some NHL player won't sign in Van and take millions of dollars cuz some other guy got sent down...

What a ridiculous comment.

Anyway, Baer will once again prove himself and either get called back up by the Canucks when appropriate or get traded (my money is on him getting called back up).

Baer is an NHL player.  I wonder if he has any trade value?  Stecher plus Baer?  Could that get us a second round pick from Ottawa? 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Baer is an NHL player.  I wonder if he has any trade value?  Stecher plus Baer?  Could that get us a second round pick from Ottawa? 

We need them both for a playoff run though. We have no D that is as good as Stecher to step in now....and Baer is the 1st call up for any injured top 6 player.

We need to at least, in my opinion, wait until the deadline to see if we are in the playoffs. If we are, no trade. If we are not, then think about a trade.

Excited for tomorrows game against a good team....!!

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

We need them both for a playoff run though. We have no D that is as good as Stecher to step in now....and Baer is the 1st call up for any injured top 6 player.

We need to at least, in my opinion, wait until the deadline to see if we are in the playoffs. If we are, no trade. If we are not, then think about a trade.

I totally agree with you, but feel kind of selfish.  Those are two NHL players, who I can’t help but like as people.  I could even cheer for them on a different team. You’re right though, of course.  We need them. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Baer isn’t even on the team. Guy is easily replaceable on the depth chart. We got Roussel coming back and Gaudette as the likely first call up not to mention others in the minors like Goldobin and MacEwen. Also if the price is right Stetcher a bottom pairing dman is also expendable. Fattenberg is coming back and guys like Juolevi, Chatfield, Brisebois and Sautner could handle Stetchers role. Don’t go labelling every player in the organization as untouchable lol.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Hindsight.

Gaud lit up the pre season and no one knew if he would continue with that in the NHL regular season or even if he would get better.

No biggy....I hope he racks up the points in Utica and plays a ton!

I'm talking about him being scratched for the majority of the games since making the opening roster. He hasn't played enough to make that assessment, unless 3 games is all you need.

4 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Baer isn’t even on the team. Guy is easily replaceable on the depth chart. We got Roussel coming back and Gaudette as the likely first call up not to mention others in the minors like Goldobin and MacEwen. Also if the price is right Stetcher a bottom pairing dman is also expendable. Fattenberg is coming back and guys like Juolevi, Chatfield, Brisebois and Sautner could handle Stetchers role. Don’t go labelling every player in the organization as untouchable lol.

Settle down princess.

No one on the site, including me, called them untouchable.....what a goof. :picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 1

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

When considering depth players I have to revisit the development timeline. If Baer and Stecher are not in the 2-3 year outlook than retaining them comes down to what comes back in any deal. How that impacts the CAP and how their leaving either helps or hurts those prospects who are pushing for NHL TOI. Let’s also remember the Seattle draft. 

Lots to consider. My take is to deal Baer within a month and that Stecher, if dealt, likely not until spring. Stech has always been threatened by the maturing depth in Utica. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Baer consistently scores better than 0.5 P/GP and is defensively responsible as well. That is solid second line production. Over the last 3 years the only players on the Canucks who scored more P/GP than Baer were the Sedins, Bo, Brock and Vanek. Don't go labelling every player in the organization as easily replaceable.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Baer consistently scores better than 0.5 P/GP and is defensively responsible as well. That is solid second line production. Over the last 3 years the only players on the Canucks who scored more P/GP than Baer were the Sedins, Bo, Brock and Vanek. Don't go labelling every player in the organization as easily replaceable.

I like the guy but with his injury history no other team in the league wanted him for free. Don’t clutch onto all the players like they’re irreplaceable. Also when did I say “every player” I just said a guy we just waived to the minors and a bottom 6 dman should be replaceable. I mean Baer isn’t even on the team and Stechers 12 minutes could be done by somebody else if somebody gives you a good deal on him.

Edited by flickyoursedin
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 8:30 PM, flickyoursedin said:

Maybe it has slipped your mind how playing in Vancouver can be dangerous to a player's health... many players' health - we just might get a playoff run and need all the depth we can find.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 1:08 AM, Junkyard Dog said:

Looking good on the wing like I thought he would.

Frees him up more offensively while taking away the defensive responsibilities of a C.

I plug him on Bo's right wing and keep him there.  It's too bad Sutter appears hurt and Ferland is out.  

JT - EP - Boeser

Ferland - Bo - Gaudette

Pearson - Sutter - Virtanen

Schaller - Beagle - Leivo

Motte

Roussel is a huge bonus when he is back.  Man if this team was healthy they sure could do some damage.  The only upgrade/bonus would be a legit (60-70 point) top six winger for Bo.