The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It's 'wing' code for 'traded for a top pair RHD'? :P

I'd be sorry to see JT traded (or not resigned).  He's the heart and soul of this team, its spiritual leader.  Sure, he makes the odd gaffe,  but then immediately buckles down,  gets on his horse and tries to rectify his mistakes.

But there is only room for a few high paid stars and that's where the ELCs of a Jasek, Karlsson, Lockwood, etc prove their value

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

I'd be sorry to see JT traded (or not resigned).  He's the heart and soul of this team, its spiritual leader.  Sure, he makes the odd gaffe,  but then immediately buckles down,  gets on his horse and tries to rectify his mistakes.

But there is only room for a few high paid stars and that's where the ELCs of a Jasek, Karlsson, Lockwood, etc prove their value

My biggest issue with Miller is do we want to re-sign him at 30 years old for $7-8m+ and 6-8 years? Does he even want to re-sign? 

We CAN NOT afford to let him simply walk in 1.5 years.

Love the player, minus the (not as odd as I'd like) gaffes.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Googlie said:

I can't picture the Canucks without Miller at the moment.  

As for Jasek, he would be a direct replacement for Lammikko.  Juho also played in Liiga at a very similar age (might even be identical as he's 25 now).  

Juho Lammikko's only full season in Liiga: 

2019-20 Kärpät Liiga 57 games, 22 goals, 29 assists 51 points. 

7 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I can't picture the Canucks without Miller at the moment.  

As for Jasek, he would be a direct replacement for Lammikko.  Juho also played in Liiga at a very similar age (might even be identical as he's 25 now).  

Juho Lammikko's only full season in Liiga: 

2019-20 Kärpät Liiga 57 games, 22 goals, 29 assists 51 points. 

Wouldn't hate keeping both...

• Upvote 3

On 12/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, Shayster007 said:

I really hope we see this kid back in NA next year. Was so surprised to see him leave without getting a chance, since he seemed to be highly regarded in Utica. He seems exactly like the type of player we need to be stepping in to our bottom 6 in the next little bit.

Gotta think he'll get a chance given the way coaching and management have been wiped out at the NHL level. If he wants an NHL season this next training camp is likely as good a shot as any, and you can bet the new GM and management (whoever they end up being) will be taking a hard look at what we've got in the system. Assuming Rutherford hasn't already. 

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vermette9 said:

Gotta think we try to bring him back over this summer 

I'm really hoping he's up for another shot in North America now that the Canucks are under new management. A right-handed center with speed and the ability to play a 200 foot game and chip in some modicum of offence- sounds like what we need.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1