The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Mike Burnstein fired!

jono2009

Seems like if you're a well liked person in or around the team, you're gone

Who said he was well liked? everything is all hear say until someone comes out and speaks there mind, which is probably going to happen sooner or later

why not? when you think about it makes sense...

Not with this position. They will still need a head trainer and the salary of the new guy will be similar, likely more than Mike's was. There has to be somebody they like that is better suited for the job.

I just don't understand why they're making some of these moves.

The head office guys I can sort of understand where they're coming from, but this makes little sense to me. Equipment managers next? Accountants?

Maybe they'll fire the concession staff again.

Who said he was well liked? everything is all hear say until someone comes out and speaks there mind, which is probably going to happen sooner or later

It says so in the article. >.>

I just don't understand why they're making some of these moves.

The head office guys I can sort of understand where they're coming from, but this makes little sense to me. Equipment managers next? Accountants?

Maybe they'll fire the concession staff again.

I came to the assumtion that, he went into Bennings office voicing his displeasures of his recent moves. Gillman, Bernstein, Bieksa were all close buddy, everyone was probably pissed they let Bieska go, if they truly wanted to dump salary, they could have done it by getting rid of Alex Burrows for crying out loud, he's the poison for the team, but Jim Benning like him for some strange reason because he made his way up from the ECHL, even if you ask me, I rather keep Bieska trade Burrows for a 3rd round pick instead of trading Bieksa for a second.

what a terrible summer, Linden has lots to explain.

MIke Berstein went into Benning and LIndens office speaking his mind, Benning not taking any of it, firing one person after another.

tank nation here we come! someone hire him please! He's such a good guy.

Do you have a source for this?

If Gillis had made this move Botchford, Galagher and whole Province clownfest would have called this a shrewd, innovative move that gives the Canucks a competitive advantage over other teams. When Benning does it? He's a heartless moron who has no idea what he's doing. WE SHOULD ALL BE CONCERNED! The obviously biased coverage of this team is a joke

This is definietly the work of the Aquillinis preparing for taking a loss in revenue this year

If they really want to save money all they have to do is admit they are rebuilding the team, and move veterans out so we can be a cap floor team.

Instead they say they still want to be a playoff team, yet with the moves they have made recently it says otherwise. Management isn't being transparent with the fans and in turn are breaking our trust.

Archived