The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(signing) Adam Clendening

That's dirty cheap, but with that signing it looks like they want Clendening to become BoSang's replacement and mainly play in Utica, and give Corrado, Weber and Bartowski more of an NHL look. Unfortunate, considering I believe Clendening to be on the cusp of breaking out in the NHL. Hopefully he gets a big shot with Hamhuis.

I think Corrado is going to get the upper hand. He seems more poised with the puck and has better gap control/foot speed

With Weber also signed, Clendening would be behind him more so than Corrado. Corrado can play the left side and even if on the right would likely be used differently from Clendening.

@NEWS1130Sports: Just spoke w/ newly signed Adam Clendening. Says he's happy to get a deal done and will do whatever it takes to make #Canucks next season

@NEWS1130Sports: Clendening says he looks forward to competing with good friend Frank Corrado for ice time next season. Says they will push each other.

@NEWS1130Sports: Clendening is heading to Vancouver in a couple weeks to begin training early so he can be in full stride when camp starts up

@NEWS1130Sports: Clendening says he is happy to get a deal and get the opportunity to play a full NHL season.

no chance

I'm not as certain about that as you.

Like Markstrom last year, it could come down to timing. Teams may not be willing to carry him all year over the what they already have and, if he is waived early enough in camp, there may not be injuries that require filling on many clubs. Lots of players near his calibre make it through, Dylan Olsen comes to mind.

Look at it this way, he was traded for a player that was recently taken in the 5th round and he didn't have a great year, in fact his worst as a pro. While I like him as a prospect, and I think it was a good trade to acquire him, he does have deficiencies in his game which may not be appealing to most teams as a depth option since D is not his forté.

Either way, even if he was claimed there is no guarantee that he would last all year on that team meaning we could snag him right back and assign him to Utica. There was logic in getting a two way deal here.

Depending how training camp goes, there's always the possibility one of them with a Higgins could be packaged to open up roster spots. Either way, $1.5mil for two young defencemen is good spending, considering the top three make triple that each.

That doesn't reconcile with JB being a bad evaluator and having no plan.

That's dirty cheap, but with that signing it looks like they want Clendening to become BoSang's replacement and mainly play in Utica, and give Corrado, Weber and Bartowski more of an NHL look. Unfortunate, considering I believe Clendening to be on the cusp of breaking out in the NHL. Hopefully he gets a big shot with Hamhuis.

Read the thread?

Clendening was drafted earlier than Duncan Keith, and outscored him in the AHL by almost double.

Not saying he's going to be the next Keith, but somewhere in between that and what he is now would be exactly the type of young player the Nucks could use (#4 OFD, PP QB). But the only way to see if he can make it is to let him play, and give him time.

Clendening was drafted earlier than Duncan Keith, and outscored him in the AHL by almost double.

Not saying he's going to be the next Keith, but somewhere in between that and what he is now would be exactly the type of young player the Nucks could use (#4 OFD, PP QB). But the only way to see if he can make it is to let him play, and give him time.

Tom sestito was drafted earlier than Datsyuk and Bure...

Keith's skating 3x better. Bad comparison.

I'm pretty sure he will become a solid #4 that puts up 20-30 points but he will never be a 60 point Norris winner.

Archived