The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report)Baertschi will not accept qualifying offer

jono2009

Are you kidding? Look at his AHL stats. Don't care? Well you said professional which includes the AHL.

Look at his NHL stats. 30 points in 69 games.

A while ago, you said you were done with this team. Are you just here to complain?

Didn't you get the restraining order?

I was always worried about this guy; a soft offense only forward from Switzerland who knows full well that if his NHL career doesn't go just the way he wants he can always go back home to the league where nobody ever hits anybody and be a star for the next 20 years and get paid very well indeed for not even breaking a sweat. I'm with those who say that he's proven nothing at the NHL level yet and needs to prove that he's a keeper before we throw millions of $ at him. Maybe, just maybe Burkie was right about him...

people like me who questioned this kids character at the time of the signing got flamed by the homers....

its funny Benning sells assets on the cheap based on "character" and "consistency"

but then arguably overpays for this bust with the same apparent issues

Doesn't mean he's asking for more.

I think a similar player is Paajarvi in STL. He filed for arbitration.

Paajarvi, who was acquired in a trade with Edmonton forDavid Perron, is coming off a two-year, $2.4 million contract with the Blues. There are reports that Paajarvi is seeking a one-way contract and could elect to play in Sweden if he does not receive one from the club.

He re-signed a few days later for $0.7m 1 year, one-way.

There's no reason for him to sign his QO - it's just a formality to retain a players rights. I expect that he has no idea what his agent is negotiating for him (most of the time players are totally remote from the process and let their agents negotiate the best deals for them). This was the following tweet:

Agent Andre Rufener says he is positive something will get done soon. The #Canucks still retain Baertschi's rights but just need a contract.

It looks like Grenier also negotiated a contract instead of just signing his QO (contract is now signed).

NEWS 1130 Sports@NEWS1130Sports 4h

Alexandre Grenier has not accepted his qualifying offer from the #Canucks yet, his agent says he is still negotiating with Vancouver.

people like me who questioned this kids character at the time of the signing got flamed by the homers....

its funny Benning sells assets on the cheap based on "character" and "consistency"

but then arguably overpays for this bust with the same apparent issues

It's amazing how you can make yourself look incredibly stupid with one comment.

So many clueless posters who have been playing to many videos games.

1 way - simply means he gets paid that salary no matter if he plays in the NHL or AHL

2 way - means he has a salary for when he’s in the NHL and a salary when he’s in the AHL.

Even if he signs a two way he still has to clear waivers to play in the AHL. For all purposes he isn’t likely going to clear waivers anyway so he’s should be getting the NHL salary anyway. Usually 900k in NHL salary vs 75K AHL salary.

You can see why he’d want a 1 way deal and it really has no effect on anyone but Sven and the owners wallet.

Archived