The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

44 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I think I'm down about $15,000 today.. What a day. Bought more CCIV, BFT and ERES.

Me today...

Even Apple sets earnings record.... and way higher than predicted ....  EVEN Apple drops 4 %.

What a f....ed up day...  I Know baked in already... but when you beat predicted levels of earning and you drop anyways.....

tenor.gif

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Me today...

Even Apple sets earnings record.... and way higher than predicted ....  EVEN Apple drops 4 %.

What a f....ed up day...  I Know baked in already... but when you beat predicted levels of earning and you drop anyways.....

tenor.gif

Tesla missed and dropped then I heard Apple was higher and dropped the same.  Nothing made bloody sense today. Or probably tomorrow or Friday.  Hoping Monday things will start getting back to normal.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Tesla missed and dropped then I heard Apple was higher and dropped the same.  Nothing made bloody sense today. Or probably tomorrow or Friday.  Hoping Monday things will start getting back to normal.

Sold my Tesla about a month ago...  the valuation just made no sense to me... I bought into Arkk to keep a more managed / comfortable level of exposure to Tesla ..

Kept all my Apple.....  I will stay long with it i think. The company seems to so well managed.

I regret not buying MicroSoft earlier in the year..... I think it would be another great long .

Today just was a beating that really did not make sense.  Even the green energy ETFs were down up to 7%.... after Biden raves about increasing solar energy.....

Really hoping not 2 more days like today this week. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

As a heads up for the EV fans.  Biden just announced he intends to replace the ENTIRE US postal service fleet with EV options.

Keep your ears to the ground, there's really only 4-6 companies capable fo this and it's all an in USA build option only with WLHS leading the rumoured pack and Ford potentially entering in later in 2021 with an option

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/biden-pledges-govt-fleet-electric-vehicles

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sold my Tesla about a month ago...  the valuation just made no sense to me... I bought into Arkk to keep a more managed / comfortable level of exposure to Tesla ..

Kept all my Apple.....  I will stay long with it i think. The company seems to so well managed.

I regret not buying MicroSoft earlier in the year..... I think it would be another great long .

Today just was a beating that really did not make sense.  Even the green energy ETFs were down up to 7%.... after Biden raves about increasing solar energy.....

Really hoping not 2 more days like today this week. 

I got lots of time for Tesla, even with these big drops this week its still up 18% in January.  If it stuck there and I ended up with an 18% return for the year thats still a heck of a lot better than my mutual fund company has ever gotten me.

Yea I thought greens would be still doing well post Biden but.......................... Definitely didn't happen today haha.  Oh well try again tomorrow and the next day and the next.... 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

As a heads up for the EV fans.  Biden just announced he intends to replace the ENTIRE US postal service fleet with EV options.

Keep your ears to the ground, there's really only 4-6 companies capable fo this and it's all an in USA build option only

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/biden-pledges-govt-fleet-electric-vehicles

Yea WKHS and Rivian should be massive players in it. Still hoping Lion Electric with them opening a main plant in the USA for manufacturing can get a lot of the bus contracts for schools/cities and help me out with my NGA stock.

Just now, Russ said:

I got lots of time for Tesla, even with these big drops this week its still up 18% in January.  If it stuck there and I ended up with an 18% return for the year thats still a heck of a lot better than my mutual fund company has ever gotten me.

Yea I thought greens would be still doing well post Biden but.......................... Definitely didn't happen today haha.  Oh well try again tomorrow and the next day and the next.... 

Yah, Tesla is much than a EV company....    It is a tech company with diverse earnings...  same category as Apple, MS and Amazon... 

Much more than appears in these companies...  All make great longs...

Don't yolo anything people, it's easy to get entranced by these type of moves but always remember risk/reward. Some of us have large accounts so we put in tiny floaters on these crazy plays. Things like AMC, GME, BB are all severely overpriced. Sure there's a good chance they could triple from here but there's way too high a risk of the bottom falling out. 

If you want to buy, buy small and enjoy the entertainment. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Keep your ears to the ground, there's really only 4-6 companies capable fo this and it's all an in USA build option only with WLHS leading the rumoured pack and Ford potentially entering in later in 2021 with an option

CAGR of 82% for EV's, according to Ark Invest research team.

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

Don't yolo anything people, it's easy to get entranced by these type of moves but always remember risk/reward. Some of us have large accounts so we put in tiny floaters on these crazy plays. Things like AMC, GME, BB are all severely overpriced. Sure there's a good chance they could triple from here but there's way too high a risk of the bottom falling out. 

If you want to buy, buy small and enjoy the entertainment. 

Thanks for the advice.

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

GME  $510 in pre market.

Note : There are no option strikes above $320

Lmao I almost bought some last friday in the 40s..... Welp...... Probably be another red day for me by the looks of it.

6 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Where do you guys do your trading?

Is there an app that is best for Canadians?

I have RBC but its trash.  People like IBKR because it has longest pre and after hours but their app is such hot trash, seriously it looks like it was built by AOL in the 90s.  Might sign up and give Questrade an attempt