The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

9 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

2 ways to look at it. 

3d printing is the future and they have patents on their dragonfly - they’re industry leaders in my opinion.

the stock is also on a heater. Lots of rumours of buyout by a bigger fish or a collaboration. 

You could buy Monday and it could dip to the high 4s a week later before rebounding back up. You could buy Monday and it keeps going to 7, 8.

If you want to get in I’d do a 40 30 30 entry 

Yeah I think that's a good plan and that is usually my entry strategy anyways. Huge potential with 3d printing over the next 5-10 years

AJAX 

Wanted to share my new Favourite SPAC simply based off the team (no merging partner yet).. It's a powerhouse..

Currently only Units are available, according to the S1 52 days after prospectus the Warrants and class A shares will trade. I have that pegged for December 14th.

SEC - S1 - AJAX

Size of SPAC - $750,000,000

Target - image.thumb.png.907a9e0aa2acffd2804fd7e8a4cfe148.png

Team - 

Daniel Och (Money guy), former head of US equities trading for Goldman Sachs.

Glen Fuhrman (Another money guy), former managing director for Goldman Sachs.

Steve Ells - Founder and former CEO of Chipotle

Jim McKelvey - Co-Founder of Square

Kevin Systrom - Co-Founder and former CEO of Instagram (Also held high position in Google & Twitter)

Anne Wojcicki - Co-Founder and former CEO of 23andMe

Based on the size of SPAC I'm expecting them to merger with a company worth 5-10B

Edited by AriGold2.0
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Investor's edge with CIBC didn't let me purchase GBTC for some reason.. Given the recent drop it ended up saving me money haha. But I'd still like to figure out a way to do it.

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Bitcoin? What is everyone’s favourite method of investing?

Bitcoin trades round the clock, 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. Rather than an ETF which maybe trades 9 or 10 hours a day 5 days a week. I'd go with Bitcoin futures on CME. They trade 23 hours a day 5 days a week.

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2020 at 4:21 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

It was a discord started off of CDC that I joined and then a couple others from CDC joined (was talking to them through DM's on here and invited them) and thought I'd post the link in here finally since we have more regulars, and am noticing more newer names in the "recently browsing" who may be wanting to learn.

I usually have it open on one of my work screens. When great set ups present I'll post in there, or I hear about great set ups from others in that chat (ie. CIIC when i was able to jump in under 13 but didn't go on CDC until later that day and it was already at 14+) so it could be a good additional source of info/plays for people.

It's a cool tight knit community, one of the guys from Ontario organized a secret santa too haha. We have a 19 year old in there too who's been able to pay for 2 years of University through the group. 

I'd be highly interested in joining that.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:26 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Also took position in both GIK warrants and commons. Pre-announcement. It’s accumulating and rising as the rumours of taking lightening emotors public strengthen. Should be a runner once/if the deal gets announced. 

So, pulled in to GIKW at just under $1.20

Can't say I'm unhappy

On 11/23/2020 at 12:14 PM, AriGold2.0 said:

Alrighty guys, I found the company I'm putting money into for a while. I pulled some money out of my account to redo the kitchen in my new place.

I only have 15K in my account. I'm taking a "Break" through the transition of power in the USA. Alot of volatility and I don't have the time to watch it constantly right now.

New SPAC - Bought 1000 shares of VGAC @ $9.80 and 3000 of VGAC-Warrants @1.66

This only got put on my radar this morning and I strongly believe in this team and their target, they have done a thing or 2 in their lifetime. Probably won't merge with anybody for quite a while but these guys will attract lots of companies going SPAC route.

https://vgacquisition.com/

image.thumb.png.a97a4a630da84e3dafc2546976a566af.png

Also bought 500 VGACW at under $1.20

Very happy about that this morning.  Both my warrant pick ups set to sell at $4.60 and not complaining about an extra grand in the bank from either around Christmas

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'd be highly interested in joining that.

So, pulled in to GIKW at just under $1.20

Can't say I'm unhappy

Also bought 500 VGACW at under $1.20

Very happy about that this morning.  Both my warrant pick ups set to sell at $4.60 and not complaining about an extra grand in the bank from either around Christmas

Bro, I'm probably gonna sell.. Too much money to not take it and look for the next one...

It's early.. I check my KCAC.. it's up 40% to $50USD under QS.. A moment of confusion but then I realized the merger changed the symbol. Good start to Monday.

Edit: Ended up selling half my position at $46 to lock in profits. The rest is house money.

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

15 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Bro, I'm probably gonna sell.. Too much money to not take it and look for the next one...

I'm not concerned about it hitting that mark.  Pays for some gifts.  I'm specified as a hold until Dec 31st until that limit is hit

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

To put an end to the NKLA saga.  GM just pulled out entirely.

It's over.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-walks-away-stake-electric-142859401.html

What a pump and dump that was. Can't believe it was all a scam. The funniest thing about that is that a lot of us here made serious coin off of that from the VTIQ days... NKLA/VTIQ was my first SPAC, and now it goes down in infamy

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

What a pump and dump that was. Can't believe it was all a scam. The funniest thing about that is that a lot of us here made serious coin off of that from the VTIQ days... NKLA/VTIQ was my first SPAC, and now it goes down in infamy

Even crazier is the 8.5B market cap...

3 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I know some of you made huge bank off of it so that's awesome.  I made a few dollars as well but missed the luxury cruise and got on the dinghy instead. 

Good on ya all.

1 minute ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Even crazier is the 8.5B market cap...

Can't believe it's still worth anything at this point.

• Cheers 1