The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4th line Centre

Blockpiler

Since Bo is clearly moving up the depth chart, this is the biggest question mark of our forward group. Right now, my choice is to move Chris Higgens into the middle and down to a fourth line role. Unless Vey has made significant strides physically he won't be able to handle the responsibility.

People put too much on line numbers. Horvat and Vey had pretty similar ice time per game. Considering Willie rolls the four lines it doesn't matter at all what line number you call Horvats or Veys. They'll likely get similar ice time again this year.

I dont think we should be too worried right now. Sutter and Horvat should be an instant upgrade over what we had to start the year last year. Dors and Prust should protect vey enough to give him a chance at success, also who knows maybe all that work Vey put into the summer will pay off and he can become a productive player.

I dont think we should be too worried right now. Sutter and Horvat should be an instant upgrade over what we had to start the year last year. Dors and Prust should protect vey enough to give him a chance at success, also who knows maybe all that work Vey put into the summer will pay off and he can become a productive player.

I really doubt Dorsett and Prust will be on the same line. Dorsett will likely be with Horvat again and Prust with Vey.

Horvat with Hansen and Kenins was pretty great too.

Kenins will slow Horvats development.

Does the BRAbarian sound familiar to anyone?

Tanner Glass, Matt Cooke, etc....

All grinders. Like Kenins.

Do you want Bo to develope with good players and become a 2 -1 centre?

Or chain him to a grinder because the kid had a short point run?

Kenins is good, but I wouldent have him on my team. He got lucky for a couple games, as most players do. He will have a hard time staying in this league.

Kenins is good, but I wouldent have him on my team. He got lucky for a couple games, as most players do. He will have a hard time staying in this league.

lol.

Have to disagree

Kennins reminds me of burrows. And we all know how that turned out.

It's either Horvat or Vey. We are not overloaded with NHL ready centers at the moment. I think the 3rd line will be Dorsett with Horvat and Hansen, the 4th will be Prust with Vey and either Higgins or Kenins. One of the bottom 6 wingers will be a rotating scratch, IMO it will be Kenins. Higgins is great on PK and has more versatility. As we need bottom 6 call ups I expect to see Grenier and if/when we need top 6 call ups I expect to see Cassels, Shink or Jensen. The wild card is Virtanen. If he sticks we need to clear up a roster spot.

I actually think Sutter and Horvat will rotate between the 2nd and 3rd line. Vey will start on the 4th, but could get replaced by Guance later in the season, if Vey has a poor year and Guance steps up in the AHL. Cassels is also a dark horse to make the team as the 4th line centre, but the Canucks will probably want to give him more ice team in the A.

A healthy Kenins was really good...Kenins after he got banged up in the game in Buffalo looked like he was a fringe NHLer (I'm guessing little drummer boy forgot that Kenins got shut down by the management as soon as the playoff series vs. the Flames was over rather than being sent down to take part in the Comets' Calder Cup run).

Even with a bad knee, Kenins showed fight, which is a lot more you can say about the likes of Vrbata, Matthias, and Bonino in the playoffs.

As a 12th/13th forward that platoons in and out of the lineup with the ability to move up and down the third and fourth lines, along with a cap hit of $600K, Kenins is a great option for the Canucks. Even though he's not subject to waivers, my bet is that he's on the opening day 23 man roster (unless Jake Virtanen makes a solid statement in the pre-season).

As far as fourth line center is concerned, Vey's got the insider track. Hopefully he's comes back this season as a solid 190 pounder instead of the soft 190 pounder that he was last season. Willie's going to have to manage his match ups for Vey so that he's not up against the Getzlafs, Thorntons, Keslers, Kopitars, Coutures, etc.

Right now, Vey. Who knows what's gonna happen at camp though, Grenier is pretty damn huge, kind of your prototypical 4th liner.

I hope Vey got a lot stronger and worked on his faceoffs a ton this summer, he showed flashes of top 6 skill last year, but his overall game was pretty weak, soft.

But I guess for the sake of fun I'll go out on a limb: Grenier will beat out Vey for 4c duties, Vey gets moved to wing, outplays Higgins, and Higgins gets to be glue in the press box (fingers crossed). Yes, Higgins is so much more reliable than Vey, isn't a d liability, great pk'er and is a good leader (apparently), I'm just tired of him being so Higgins, boring and whiffing at open nets, king of the open net post and out, but he is consistent..

Right now, Vey. Who knows what's gonna happen at camp though, Grenier is pretty damn huge, kind of your prototypical 4th liner.

I hope Vey got a lot stronger and worked on his faceoffs a ton this summer, he showed flashes of top 6 skill last year, but his overall game was pretty weak, soft.

But I guess for the sake of fun I'll go out on a limb: Grenier will beat out Vey for 4c duties, Vey gets moved to wing, outplays Higgins, and Higgins gets to be glue in the press box (fingers crossed). Yes, Higgins is so much more reliable than Vey, isn't a d liability, great pk'er and is a good leader (apparently), I'm just tired of him being so Higgins, boring and whiffing at open nets, king of the open net post and out, but he is consistent..

You're going pretty far out on that limb, since Grenier isn't a centre (he plays RW).

I think vey will be a horrible 4th line centre for multiple reasons but Blair Jones is kind of a dark horse for that spot

Sedin-sedin-burrows

Baerschi-horvat-vrbata

Higgins-sutter-Hansen

Prust-vey-Dorsett

Kenins-Jones-virtanen

Shinkaruk-McCann-jensen(the forgotten one)

Gaunce

Edler-Tanev

Hanhuis-weber

Sbisa-corrado

Bartkowski

Have to disagree

Kennins reminds me of burrows. And we all know how that turned out.

He very well could.

Burr had a lot of skill to go with his hard work.

I'm not trying to bash Ronny, I just don't see him keeping it up. Hell, he only had a handful of good games last year and everyone is on his jockstrap. I hope he proves me wrong

My main point was, I don't think he is the right man on Horcats wing. You play better and learn better when with better players. I think Bo deserves better than Kenins on his wing.

Archived