The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver 5 vs. Edmonton 2 | Pre-season | Oct. 01, 2015 | 6:00 PM PDT | SNET-360

-Vintage Canuck-

Personally, I think Gaunce will be the only player to stay up. He looks the complete package. In my opinion he is our equivalent to a young Andrew Ladd.

Hutton might have joined him but that he plays on a side we are already covered by players who can't pass waivers.

McCann is destined for the top 2 lines and therefore he will be sent back for more coaching and physical development with big minutes.

Vitrtanen has the body, the grit and the speed but is not quite NHL ready although he may get 9 games or until Higgins returns.

Hey you are not allowed to be a scout on here you already decreed that in the Vey thread :)

Our Kid line knows they have to earn a spot on the roster if they want to stick.

Edmonton's kid line knows they can play however they want to play and they will get first line minutes.

Winning team culture >>>> losing team culture

Question...

That was bascially their full lineup isn't it?

hes back!

I've been reading a lot but I was getting tumours from the bone headed negativity over some damn preseason games... I couldn't handle posting or I'd say something, completely lose it and probably get fined or banned. Gotta keep my cool.

The moves have been made. I'm sure many aren't happy with certain moves... I sure as heck wasn't but at the end of the day I rather cheer for the most prolific sporting franchise of ALL time rather than spit garbage negative thoughts or cheer for some other garbage team.

Wednesday can't come soon enough... GO CANUCKS GO!

I've been reading a lot but I was getting tumours from the bone headed negativity over some damn preseason games... I couldn't handle posting or I'd say something, completely lose it and probably get fined or banned. Gotta keep my cool.

The moves have been made. I'm sure many aren't happy with certain moves... I sure as heck wasn't but at the end of the day I rather cheer for the most prolific sporting franchise of ALL time rather than spit garbage negative thoughts or cheer for some other garbage team.

Wednesday can't come soon enough... GO CANUCKS GO!

How do you get fined here?

Lol all time

I haven't been upset with any moves to date but I know I will be at the end of today, the business side of the game is gonna force some bad decisions.

With that being said I don't think any future cuts will surprise me. Most of these next moves are pretty predictable.

They were missing Eberle and Klefbom, but that's about it.

Yup, and we were missing pretty much our 3 leading scorers last season, Hank, Dank and Vrb. Oiler had it handed to them by the kids that were picked later. On the plus side for Edmonton, McDavid looks pretty damn good out there.

Finally managed to watch highlights.

The Baertschi to Virtanen to Horvat line had a heck of a performance, and that goal was spectacular. We need more of that this year. That's how you score goals in this league.

Markstrom is a very good technical goalie. I can see him taking over from Miller within a year

Finally managed to watch highlights.

The Baertschi to Virtanen to Horvat line had a heck of a performance, and that goal was spectacular. We need more of that this year. That's how you score goals in this league.

Markstrom is a very good technical goalie. I can see him taking over from Miller within a year

I think by the end of the season it will be a pretty even split, partially out of respect for Miller. Markstrom is, as those who followed the Comets already know, as advertised. I fully expect he is the outright starter next season.

The goals for Horvats line were nice, but their game was much more than those highlights......the Oil had no answer for them. Speed, skill, size. Shift by shift they were too much to handle.

Hansen is a very fast spark plug, who is perfect on a third line. Vey is 24, and has reached his ceiling. Vey should be put on waivers. Have you not noticed how slowly he skates?

Vey has come nowhere close to his ceiling yet. You say hes 24 like that means he's old, the kid is still young. Think of when players usually start to make a real impact on the canucks. Kesler, the twins,burrows, did you see those guys tearing it up in their early 20's? The whole reason Vey is on this team and was givin a 1 year 1 way feel is because he has a very solid offesive upside that he has not been able to fully develop yet. I have never in my life heard of any fan base fixiating so hard on a 4th line center.

Archived