The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Over or Under Henrik reaches 1000 point

Squamfan

Not a chance. Not because I expect a serious decline in production, but because I see last year's goal-scoring trend to continue.

Only way Hank gets 85 points is if Dank gets 15 3-3 OT goals.

Or they have a defensive core that score a few goals. Sedins decline has been more about the lack of defensive scoring than how they have played.(losing Salo and Erhoff) Example Crosby and Malkin when Latang was injured. Hutton and weber add 15 to 20 points to the Sedins this year. If you look at last year after Weber started to score a few goals the Sedins drastically climbed the scoring charts from Jan to Apr last year from like 25th in Dec to 15 th in April.

I'm going to echo what a couple people have said already in that it's going to depend on how much offence is driven from the defense.

When Ehrhoff was putting up 45-50 pts from 2009-2011, Hank and Dank were winning scoring titles.

There were other contributing factors of course, but that was a big one.

Or they have a defensive core that score a few goals. Sedins decline has been more about the lack of defensive scoring than how they have played.(losing Salo and Erhoff) Example Crosby and Malkin when Latang was injured. Hutton and weber add 15 to 20 points to the Sedins this year. If you look at last year after Weber started to score a few goals the Sedins drastically climbed the scoring charts from Jan to Apr last year from like 25th in Dec to 15 th in April.

Sorry, I meant the league-wide scoring trend will continue, not that the Canucks in specific won't score as many or more goals than last year.

Archived