The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Kings Oct. 13/2015 7:30PM SNV

Robongo

My lineup combo preferences.

Sedin-Sedin- Vrbata/Burrows - To get Vrbata going
Hansen-Sutter-Burrows/Vrbata - I dont like Sutter with Vrbata or Virtanen TBH
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen - Gives our best preseason line a chance.
Dorsett-Cracknell-Prust - This line had a good game so I see it sticking together today

Hutton-Tanev - I liked them together

Edler-Bartkowski - I think Edler is better with a "mobile d man"
Hamhuis-Sbisa - I dont like Sbisa and Hutton, hope Hammer would help sbisa find consistency.

Miller - Will play lights out, seeing lucic will fill him with competitive fires

WD spent the last three games trying to force chemistry upon his ill-conceived second line. Bo is a 200 foot player who likes to generate offence off a tenatious, unrelenting forecheck. When paired with players like Hansen and Dorsett, the whole line looks productive and dangerous. I get the impulse to put him with skill to round out a line, but Baertschi and Vrbata together is overkill. Baertschi, while appearing to possess high end playmaking skills, lacks the physicality to go to the dirty areas to retrieve the puck himself. He is playing like a playmaker who needs a grittier playmaker to be effective. Vrbata just looks like he's doing circles on the ice waiting for bo to pass him the puck. Works well when he's on a line with 22 and 33, not so much when paired with Baer and Bo.

This is just my opinion and I'm by no means qualified to give it, but just judging by the eye test, Virtanen showed more chemistry on the second in one preseason game than Vrbata has all season.

Sedins have already made it clear they don't want Vrbata on their line - not to mention that Sutter has looked great with them.

I'd sooner expect Burrows on the top line before Vrbata unless Willie just doesn't care what the Sedins want.

I can't believe the Sedins would ever say that they don't want player x on their line. If anything, certain members here made assumptions after an interview to the point where through reading between the lines and filling in gaps with assumptions, we now have the statement, the Sedins have clearly stated that don't want Vrbata on their line.

I honestly prefer McCann over Virtanen. Virtanen has not really impressed me in preseason or otherwise. Yea sure he gets hyped because he's a top 10 pick, but McCann has better skills, at least IMO. Hopefully he can prove why he was drafted that high.

3-2 Canucks

Horvat, Hansen, Vrbata

Aside from his open ice play and his decent shot, McCann hasn't really impressed me either. He started to get pushed around in Anaheim, then played hardly any time. Starting him in back-to-backs is a bad idea, so I see the move being justified.

imho Bartshi is in a similar boat. He needs to do something to justify the good pick we gave up. We're currently wasting Horvat's efforts with his ho-hum wingers.

I can't believe the Sedins would ever say that they don't want player x on their line. If anything, certain members here made assumptions after an interview to the point where through reading between the lines and filling in gaps with assumptions, we now have the statement, the Sedins have clearly stated that don't want Vrbata on their line.

They never said they didn't want him on the line, they said they liked playing with a good forechecker after he was taken off there line. Same thing... No but it indicates they would rather not have him on the line. I think there will be times he plays with them but it's not going to be more then a few games here or there for various reasons.

The Canucks despite maybe being a little tired will take this one.

3-1 for the good guys.

Kings will miss the playoffs again. Something wrong with this team. Last year was not an anomaly

Daniel Sedin will score. Burrows and sutter

Coach is losing the team. Lots of off-ice issues. They need a fresh start, like we did.

I would love a win, especially if Jake's in the line (with his folks there) but after the massive effort we put in against the Ducks I really can't see it. Is it possible for us to raise our level again so soon after just one day and with travel in between? I doubt it.

4-1 LA but no disgrace if we play hard.

Oh and I would rather see Sven in the PB than McCann. I know McCann wasn't great the other night but he has more threat than Sven (who has a lot of nice touches but no payoff, it seems)

I would love a win, especially if Jake's in the line (with his folks there) but after the massive effort we put in against the Ducks I really can't see it. Is it possible for us to raise our level again so soon after just one day and with travel in between? I doubt it.

4-1 LA but no disgrace if we play hard.

Oh and I would rather see Sven in the PB than McCann. I know McCann wasn't great the other night but he has more threat than Sven (who has a lot of nice touches but no payoff, it seems)

So if a tesla loses off the line to a minivan, do you sell tesla or get a new driver?

My lineup combo preferences.

Sedin-Sedin- Vrbata/Burrows - To get Vrbata going

Hansen-Sutter-Burrows/Vrbata - I dont like Sutter with Vrbata or Virtanen TBH

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen - Gives our best preseason line a chance.

Dorsett-Cracknell-Prust - This line had a good game so I see it sticking together today

Hutton-Tanev - I liked them together

Edler-Bartkowski - I think Edler is better with a "mobile d man"

Hamhuis-Sbisa - I dont like Sbisa and Hutton, hope Hammer would help sbisa find consistency.

Miller - Will play lights out, seeing lucic will fill him with competitive fires

Love the whole thing

Especially the D and the kid line

Only WD won't go the kid line even tho he would be applauded huge by the fans

WD wont take Edler security blanket (Tanev) away in-case Edler goes back to his 2013-2014 ways as that was terrible

It wont be Vrbata with the twins as they want a winger to dig out the puck and go to the net (so it will be BURR for sure) 5 on 5

It may make most sense just putting Sutter for McCann and Virt for Sutter be he wont do that either lol

So with WD we will just have to wait for pre game warm-up to see what cockamamie lines he deploys lol

Archived