The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3 Kings 0

Ossi Vaananen

It could have been the power plays and consecutive penalty kills all towards the end of the game that limited his ice time. My understanding is he doesn't do PP or PK yet.

Bo didn't last year, either. That turned out okay, IMO.

Three stars:

1) Everyone on the Canucks team

2) Monteeun for shutting off the TV and taking one for the team

3) The Queens for sucking so hard

ISS MILLER TIME Y'ALL!!!

Also

AzpijfOCEAEXrhb.jpg

lol

Thanks for the acknowledgment.

Thank you Thank you. :emot-parrot:

MILLER. MILLER. MILLER. For Gods sake this guy DESERVES A LOT MORE RESPECT THAN HE GETS. Where are those right now who thought Miller sucks and he doesn't deserve what he earns?. I don't see any of those people right now commenting that guy needs to be traded. I don't know how else to say this but our fan base is pathetic. Miller is 23rd all time in all time wins, and he's gonna surpass the 20 mark in all time wins this year. If that doesn't get this fanbase to respect him, it is totally and utterly pathetic. He plays good games, yay , the guy has ONE bad game, just ONE, OMG I don't know why we traded Lack, Miller sucks. When they showed all time wins and Miller was #23, it made me realize just how ungrateful, like in literal sense on the word this fanbase is. THAT IS A FRIGGIN BIG DEAL. It takes more than we can ever know to be where Miller is right now, and it's a lot more than I can say for people like us, for whom, it's easy to just bash players without considering how hard they have worked and struggled get where they are at. Miller man I salute you. And I salute the Sedins for everything they have done. It's just truly sad that these guys don't get even an ounce of respect they deserve.

If this team can manage to keep this intensity up for most of the season, I don't know how they MISS the playoffs...

You're thinking too small. If they keep this up, they'll be contenders for the cup.

There will have to be a sever drop in production and effort for them to miss the playoffs.

I don't understand the hate for WD going on right now. Yes he benched Virtanen pretty much the entire third period. But its understandable. He was sneaking out a win for us, 2-0 score against the Kings? They could get 2 goals any minute, you never know. You don't want to put the rookie in his first game in the NHL in such a crucial part of the game.

He'll get more ice time, we all need to breathe.

Baer will sit next game. he had less ice time than Virt today. I'd leave Virt in and bring in Canner. sit Baer for a game. Rotate the 3 rookie forwards in and out with 2 playing and 1 sitting.

Can't believe we have 4 rookies on the team. And Marky Marks will be 5th. Team getting more exciting to watch, Torts was right the team was stale before. The whole team and the fan base is reinvigorated with the young blood on the team.

Snap, Cracknell, Pop! They might as well just polish up the Rocket Richard trophy for him now.

Seriously though, I think people are starting to realize why we acquired guys like Cracknell, Prust, Bartkowski, and Sutter. These guys may not show up on the score sheet every night, but they're guys that you win with. Warriors that battle every game.

Another gutsy win against a stingy defensive team. Bring on the home stand!

Yep, there's a reason why guys like Bonino and Vey aren't around anymore.

Where are all those CDCers who thought LA would have a monster year this year? Could still happen, of course, but I agree with Hirsch. Could be, aside from their off ice problems, the players may have finally tuned out Darryl Sutter. And their offense is even more moribund than usual. Gaborik disappears when the going gets tough. But hey! They'll easily finish ahead of Vancouver, right?

Would have liked to seen a better effort from LA for the game, but overall a solid performance from our team which didn't give them much.

Looks to be another entertaining season coming up.

To me, a 35 year fan, this was the classic setup for a Canucks loss. Gritty, tough win the night before, a rival coming off two really bad losses... But the boys went out there and just dominated stretches of the game. Didn't back down, didn't let off the gas. That 4th line is probably up there with the cup run 4ths (94 and 11) that were fan favorites.

Archived