The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT: Canucks-3 Blues-4

Apricot

So it didn't entertain you at All? When was the last time our fans stayed to applaud a losing effort? Game 7 of the finals?

Did I say I wasn't entertained?

I said they pushed-back to make a difference to their GF/GA differential....& in some instances, that does mean something... right?.

Am I expected to make every comment a fan-girling love-letter to this team & their efforts. No guarantees. They were lucky that the Blues didn't cash-in a lot more often on some of those other gimmes - to keep it interesting, too.

Miller was ordinary instead of extra-ordinary, tonight, Their chances just cant be so wasted,...and the defensive gaffs need to disappear. Verby is a vet who knows how he excells best....& Willie keeps telling him to talk to the hand.

It aint picture perfect yet. They have work to do. On their PP especially - and they should try and make Verby just a little bit happier

There - I added to my earlier comments.

Happy now Zebra? B)

Good effort tonight. Lots of missed opportunities but that's how it goes sometimes.

Chris Lee proving once again that he's one of the worst in the business. Phanton high stick on Burrows, "unsportsmanlike" on Sbisa for getting in the face of that cheapshot artist Backes - big deal - cheap call and the usual cheap performance out of Lee - guy belongs in the Federal League.

didn't like the lineup much tonight.. first period was a dog.. 2nd period not much better.. i don't understand why Vrbata isn't playing with the Sedin to try to jump start him.. it's obvious him and Horvat doesn't have much chemistry.. i mean Willie D rather put hansen on the first line then Vrbata.. i woulda stick Vrbata up there on the first with the Sedins.. let the kids play together as a 2nd/3rd line and have Sutter center Hansen and Burrows.. skill line/Speedster young line/ gritty 2 way line/grind line but oh well on to the next game... one thing i noticed about Virtanen.. he floats back to the defensive zone =\ on one play he turned over the pick.. glided behind hamhuis who's chasing.. and then for whatever reason poked him with the stick tripping him =\ give up the puck gotta hassle back kid

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff 1h1 hour ago

No shots on goal for Vrbata tonight. Wasn't sharp at all. #Canucks have to find the right spot for him. Soon. 0 pts so far.

It's not up to the Nucks to find a spot for him. He has had PP time and lots of set ups. HIs drought is of his own making. He is floating and playing like he did in the playoffs...soft and timid. All he wants to do is hang around the perimeter and get pucks fed to him. Not impressed with his game at all this year.

Vrbata = Lost

Bartkowski = Turnovers Galore, bad decisions

Horvat = Off game

Hutton = Best defender

Sbisa = Same Old...

Sedins = Rough Game

Edler = Terrible Game

McCann = Caused a goal, got a beauty

Virtanen = Solid Game

Lots of negatives and some positives. Still a bright start and a good season ahead of us. Just a short summary of some notable bads and goods

Archived