The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT: Canucks-3 Blues-4

Apricot

Edler and Hutton on the 1st PP unit. (Hutton should quarterback from the right side..he gets his shot through and is great at walking the line which can catch forechecking forwards out of position)..

Sutter/Cracknell/Prust are going to shorten the season for the Sedins ..they've needed this grit to take off the focus/pressure on them.

wth was that embellishment thing getting Burrows a 2 minute minor?..those things should be kept in soccer.

So Dorsett was a -3 on the second line in place of Baertschi who had the best Corsi stats on the team...But please tell us again CDC how Baertschi isn't ready for the NHL. :lol:

Willie better get it together, because his lack of any sort of consistent lines is becoming quite apparent. I hate to say I called it in preseason that this was going to be a problem, but it is now. Miller is the only reason this team has been doing this well so far, and tonight it ran out.

Put Baertschi back in, drop Dorsett to the fourth line where he belongs, and please give Virtanen an actual opportunity to thrive offensively.

Why stop at the 4th line when there's the press box? How much does the team benefit from a negative possession player whose main contribution is starting fights he loses?

I would criticize Horvats game, but the butthurt would be immense, so I won't lol.

he hasn't been playing well. Not that vrbata has either but I remember a nice entry pass from vrbata last game landed right on horvats tape. Bo then skated the puck to the blues defenders stick and then continued to glide back to the bench.

The first 2/3 was crap. Nucks looked sloppy and nothing was clicking. I hope it was more about the long lay-off early in the season and less about a "home" game at the Rog. I think more toughness should be established at home. Backless deserved more than that little hug from Sbisa but he was penalized anyway--what a waste. Big western teams are probably excited rather than apprehensive to play in Vancouver. The 3rd was fun to watch and I really think it could be a special year once they start burying chances, especially on the power play. Honestly, I think the team could do some damage in the play-offs with a beastly sniper Dman. If the veteran assets are coddled enough to put up points in the regular season, we might have the assets for such a trade--failing that turn to the draft with a high pick and groom a stud because the future looks bright without the likes of Burrows, Hansen, Higgins and Vrbata. All good players but wow, that's a lot of Cap to help make room for youth and inject more might. I say we go from skilled pesky to skilled beastly in two years.

The kids look good.

I thought Virtanen had another strong game. He's dangerous, and more noticable than others on the roster. He looked good all night.

Weird Lines Willie had fun with his "sprinkle o' grinders" throughout the lineup.

Obviously, I'm no NHL coach, but when I see Dorsett on the second line I can't help but wonder what the hell? Yeah, that's what Vrbata and Bo need to get over the hump...to skate with one. lol.

I do like Sutter with the Sedins, so again, what do I know?

Entertaining loss.

Team didn't show up. the score didn't reflect how bad the Canucks played For 97% of the game.

Bound to happen but still disappointing.

I don't agree....they're slow out of the gates and that has to change. They need to come out with jump, not work their way into an energy game. The Blues are a tough team....it won't be a cakewalk. They took control early but we managed to claw back into the game. It was much more even than your comment suggests.

I was puzzled by Dorsett being placed on the 2nd line. This is surely not how he wants Baertschi to play.

Horvat: -3 with 3 shots and about 12 mins 5 on 5 ice time

Vrbata: -1 with 1 shot and about 13 mins 5 on 5

Dorsett: -3 with 1 shot in 9 mins 5 on 5

It was hardly a successful line combination and obviously Willie wasn't sticking with it. To my mind the players who can play up and down are Burrows first, followed by Higgins and Hansen (in that order). I can only think that he wants some reasonable talent with McCann. The 3rd line finished even (+1, 0, -1)

Vrbata still shaking off the rust, which makes me wonder what his offseason was like. One shot on goal is very strange for him. And all those whiffed shots are concerning as well.

Really need this guy going if the team is to win tight games or have a decent PP. If this continues for another 10 games, the Canucks could be in trouble.

At the very least, we need him playing well if the team is going to get much for him at trade deadline.

Archived