The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruce Boudreau and the Anaheim Ducks

Kaner

Ovie quit on Boudreau too.

I think it's the way he's not afraid to call out star players. Sometimes guys with egos can't handle being called out, so instead of responding they just quit.

It happens quite frequently. It was clear in 2013 and 2014 that AV and Torts both lost the room. The Sedin's I'm certain quit on Torts. If you see the video where Boudreau swears like a sailor, it was evident there by the player reactions that he'd lost the room. Ovie did quit on him, and I think Getzlaf and Kes both quit on Boudreau. Perry I think is just snake bitten, he's had many oppertunities. Just can't convert.

BB reminds me of Marc Crawford when he was here. Great regular season coach, horrible coach in the playoffs. Crow at least won a cup with the Avs though, but only escaped the first round here once.

The reason why Crow was able to win a Cup with the Avs was the fact that they were a very deep team at that time.  He had a lot of talent to work with.  The Canucks did make an effort to give them a run for their money and he also admitted that out of the 4 rounds in the playoffs that year, the first round was the hardest.  When Crow came to Vancouver, he was dealing with a much different team as the Canucks were in rebuilding mode and not as deep as the Avs.  The Sedins were still young and under the wings of the WCE line.  Canucks were predominantly a one line team during his tenure which generated almost half their offense.

Bieksler watch:     Combined   G    A    +/- 
                                                 0    3    -13

However, that win on Sunday could be the early season turnaround. It almost has to be.

I don't know why you are hating on them. Just because they're not on our team anymore, you don't need to justify that the Canucks "won the trade". That attitude is so prevalent around here, and its so freaking cancer. Bieksa also led ANA in ice-time today in the 4-3 OTL to Arizona. Take that for what you will, but when 4 different coaches now trusts Bieksa with that much ice-time, he's clearly doing something right that the fans don't see. 

I don't know why you are hating on them. Just because they're not on our team anymore, you don't need to justify that the Canucks "won the trade". That attitude is so prevalent around here, and its so freaking cancer. Bieksa also led ANA in ice-time today in the 4-3 OTL to Arizona. Take that for what you will, but when 4 different coaches now trusts Bieksa with that much ice-time, he's clearly doing something right that the fans don't see. 

Don't expect people not to compare players in trades, it's one part of how the growth of a team can be measured. Did we improve? Or regress? Bieksa was a fine dman while here. I supported him (an arbitrary #) %96 of the time. Of the 2 players he is the only one I'd take back under current contract situations, but am happy to be moving forward with other youth instead. Kesler and his 7 mil for 7 years is a different story though. Anaheim will end up regretting that contract. 

As far as the hatred statement is concerned, there is little to no emotion in my post, rather observation. If any, the emotion is hopeful for Anaheim to turn their season around. 

Don't expect people not to compare players in trades, it's one part of how the growth of a team can be measured. Did we improve? Or regress? Bieksa was a fine dman while here. I supported him (an arbitrary #) %96 of the time. Of the 2 players he is the only one I'd take back under current contract situations, but am happy to be moving forward with other youth instead. Kesler and his 7 mil for 7 years is a different story though. Anaheim will end up regretting that contract. 

As far as the hatred statement is concerned, there is little to no emotion in my post, rather observation. If any, the emotion is hopeful for Anaheim to turn their season around. 

Its also healthier to view the trade from a perspective of a win-win; the idea is that both sides will benefit from a trade rather than one GM "fleecing" another is more realistic. I doubt that they'd be in a position to make trades if they weren't knowledgeable. As for your little "Bieksler" remark: don't act dumb. Its no different from the "did Gomez score watch" floating around somewhere on the internet. When you add the stats of a defencemen that doesn't rack up a lot of points, a 2 way forward, and a +/- stat (which is more of an indicator of team statistic than individual- ANA is struggling right now, no sh!t their +/- is bad), its easy to tell that you're placing a negative connotation to your post. 

Did you really need me to break that down for you?  

Its also healthier to view the trade from a perspective of a win-win; the idea is that both sides will benefit from a trade rather than one GM "fleecing" another is more realistic. I doubt that they'd be in a position to make trades if they weren't knowledgeable. As for your little "Bieksler" remark: don't act dumb. Its no different from the "did Gomez score watch" floating around somewhere on the internet. When you add the stats of a defencemen that doesn't rack up a lot of points, a 2 way forward, and a +/- stat (which is more of an indicator of team statistic than individual- ANA is struggling right now, no sh!t their +/- is bad), its easy to tell that you're placing a negative connotation to your post. 

Did you really need me to break that down for you?  

You are continuing to make a whole lot of assumptions about me, incorrect ones at that. I clearly stated that I was happier with new players, which for me results in a win even if the Ducks feel they won their move. My little "Bieksler remark"? Funny. I just thought I was saving time by combining 2 former players into half the original syllables. I had no idea that someone would take exception. At least you've backtracked from hatred to negative connotation. That much I'll allow. Still though, perceive whatever you like, it was an observation. 

Anyways, back to the Ducks. 

That was a really stupid drop-pass by Getzlaf. Blowing a 2-0 lead to Arizona and losing 4-3 in OT is pretty embarassing, but it seems more and more teams can't hold on to leads in this day and age. This game is all about speed, skill and youth nowadays and the Coyotes are as young and fast as they get. The Ducks veterans look old and slow out there.

That was a really stupid drop-pass by Getzlaf. Blowing a 2-0 lead to Arizona and losing 4-3 in OT is pretty embarassing, but it seems more and more teams can't hold on to leads in this day and age. This game is all about speed, skill and youth nowadays and the Coyotes are as young and fast as they get. The Ducks veterans look old and slow out there.

Old and slow is definitely getting exposed these days, and on teams not suspected of it like Anaheim.  Glad we are addressing this expect to contend again in another couple of years. 

It does prove what Kesler was. Is?

A role player! An excellent role player. Who plays hard and sacrifices his body. A role player who's athleticism and size can be used to counteract an excellent player. But a role player.

His team will also still need more dynamic players with the puck. And as someone else mentioned, the team will still not perform unless the Perry's and Getzlaf's, the smooth skating D are flying.

And its also suggests what Kesler also may be? What he was here. A distraction in the room when things are not going his way...

It does prove what Kesler was. Is?

A role player! An excellent role player. Who plays hard and sacrifices his body. A role player who's athleticism and size can be used to counteract an excellent player. But a role player.

His team will also still need more dynamic players with the puck. And as someone else mentioned, the team will still not perform unless the Perry's and Getzlaf's, the smooth skating D are flying.

And its also suggests what Kesler also may be? What he was here. A distraction in the room when things are not going his way...

considering all you stated, is Keler's new contract (starting next season) going to be a problem for the Ducks?

considering all you stated, is Keler's new contract (starting next season) going to be a problem for the Ducks?

Its just something they will have to manage! :wub:

Look, coaching and managing is a tough job. There is a reason coaches also make millions.

And get fired if they cannot deal with strong personalities in the room...

Its just something they will have to manage! :wub:

Look, coaching and managing is a tough job. There is a reason coaches also make millions.

And get fired if they cannot deal with strong personalities in the room...

especially when other personalities, see another personality making way more than they do, while contributing a lot less.:lol:

Definitely puzzling - Boudreau is supposed to be one of the best coaches, leading one of the best squads. But I think they will manage to turn it around.

If they don't turn around by December, I imagine they would part ways with him and promote Scott Neidermayer to head coach.

Another great example of the douchebags formerly employed by the Canucks. 

Cowardly 2 on 1, with Mr. Tough Guy Bieksa continuing to punch after the refs get in.

Makes me sick how many Canuck's fans continue to defend Bieksa. 

Also funny coincidence how the Ducks are now in the bottom 10 in the league GA with their recent defense acquisition. :ph34r:

Two points, -5 and 13 gives away's in 17 games. 

Archived