The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruce Boudreau and the Anaheim Ducks

Kaner

Their veterans have been terrible. Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler and Bieksa are the biggest reasons to blame for this start, but it's much easier to just get rid of Boudreau. Some lucky team will snag him.

They might as well fire him now and not wait around till the 20 game mark or it might be too late. 1 win in 9 is unacceptable for a team that's supposed to be contending and has just traded away a lot of their picks and prospects for vets.

Lot of people are saying they should fire BB, why is nobody calling for Bob Murray's head? Anaheim was a beast of a team last year, blew through the first two rounds of the playoffs, and eventually lost to the eventual Stanley Cup champions in 7 games during the conference finals.

Murray decided to let go of some key players and bring in a bunch of random FA's to fill holes. Stewart has been regressing for a long time now, Horcoff is a shade of his former self. Haglein needs to be better then he is, but his is mostly a speed game, tougher defense to compete with in the West.

I'm of the mind neither should be fired/blamed, as of yet, it's still so early, but if this continues I think Murray is as much at fault as Boudreau.

Last night was probably the worst of them all.

It's one thing when the players have ridiculously low shooting percentages, and can't buy a goal. It's quite another when you get a 3-0 first period lead, and blow it in regulation! Wouldn't be surprised to see BB fired today.

I disagree mightily about BB being a good coach.  Coaching starts in the playoffs and he has the one of the worst track records come playoff time.  Coaching Washington to a presidents trophy and the impending failures in the playoffs should of been a giant red flag for anyone to hire him again.  Then the Ducks go and hire him and he does the same thing with an even more talented roster.  Two coaches go head to head in every playoff series and when one get's outcoached(something we are very familiar with) it is painfully evident.

I put Ryan Kesler in the same group as Wes Welker, Vince Carter, etc. Good athletes that just don't have that championship mentality and will never win the big prize no matter how many recent championship teams they join.  I truly feel bad for Juice though, it's like seeing a nice co-worker getting laid off.

I disagree mightily about BB being a good coach.  Coaching starts in the playoffs and he has the one of the worst track records come playoff time.  Coaching Washington to a presidents trophy and the impending failures in the playoffs should of been a giant red flag for anyone to hire him again.  Then the Ducks go and hire him and he does the same thing with an even more talented roster.  Two coaches go head to head in every playoff series and when one get's outcoached(something we are very familiar with) it is painfully evident.

I put Ryan Kesler in the same group as Wes Welker, Vince Carter, etc. Good athletes that just don't have that championship mentality and will never win the big prize no matter how many recent championship teams they join.  I truly feel bad for Juice though, it's like seeing a nice co-worker getting laid off.

BB reminds me of Marc Crawford when he was here. Great regular season coach, horrible coach in the playoffs. Crow at least won a cup with the Avs though, but only escaped the first round here once.

Boudreau gets a lot of production out of players that normally wouldn't. He's one of the best in the league at doing that.

I don't buy the bad playoff coach thing. Otherwise every coach not named Sutter or Quennville would be considered a bad playoff coach. People just expect too much out of him because he gets most of his team to overachieve throughout the year.

He had it in 2011 for a little while. I think he is just too beat up now to compete like he used to. I also feel bad for Juice, he was among our most loyal players, but they still have time to turn things around

Archived