The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2, Stars 3

TheRussianRocket.

22 minutes ago, sonoman said:

3/5 or 60% last year 

Yet he's been cold the last few games. I understand that career percentages are important, but I'd argue that recent performance should indicate who gets the nod in the shootout. I don't understand why Hansen or McCann weren't given a chance tonight. 

1 minute ago, Fateless said:

Yet he's been cold the last few games. I understand that career percentages are important, but I'd argue that recent performance should indicate who gets the nod in the shootout. I don't understand why Hansen or McCann were given a chance tonight. 

So agree.

3 minutes ago, nom_de_plume said:

At least our defense could be considered of the Swiss variety... Swiss cheese that is...Tons of holes... On a side note, isn't Sbisa, Weber and Baertschi all Swiss?

That metaphor is too apt.  Since when did we have so many Suiss players?  

1 minute ago, sonoman said:

I guess you weren't very good at math...... It's called playing percentages 

Playing the percentages from a year ago (in regards to Higgins), in a league that is all about what have you done for me lately, is called a longshot. Higgins is a POOR choice this year given the NEW dynamics of the team and the fact that McCann has 7 goals and hasn't even got a sniff on the 1st power play unit and the shootout. It's like Willie telling the rookie how dare you score 7 goals, I'll show you.

Ok, lets do the Ranger shuffle and trade all our rookies and draft picks away, and we will win more.........I am sure, absolutely sure, if we traded our 2016 and 2016 1st's, Demko, Horvat, and Hutton, along with Virtanen and Broeser, we would be a top of the league team.......one in which Willie would not have to be so careful about who he plays and when....

Is that what you guys want?????

Just now, slickjim23 said:

They're experienced and have coached a lot of playoff hockey. Even they are better options at this point than Willie. He refuses to adjust and that is a habit a good coach DOESN'T have

LOL :frantic: 
I don't understand how you are supposed to get better as a coach unless you coach games.
He's won at every level hes coached so I trust him to right this ship.
You can't win at chess if you have nothing but pawns. 

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Ok, lets do the Ranger shuffle and trade all our rookies and draft picks away, and we will win more.........I am sure, absolutely sure, if we traded our 2016 and 2016 1st's, Demko, Horvat, and Hutton, along with Virtanen and Broeser, we would be a top of the league team.......one in which Willie would not have to be so careful about who he plays and when....

What are you even talking about?

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Huh? Dipping in early, are we?

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

^^^ This, THIS!!! is what we really want.  We want it all and we want it NOW!  C'mon JB.  Get with the program.

1 minute ago, Fateless said:

It's the stupidbowl shuffle, from da Bears of da 80s.  Or, he's proclaiming we trade our best prospects for older experienced players to make a push for the playoffs?  I'm thinking it's the first one - it makes way more sense

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think you misspelled your name Jan.  I don't think hockey is supposed to be there.

3 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Look it is very simple, we are a team in transition....we have young players and old players.........The Rangers have traded away prospects and 1st rounders to keep their team competitive....and every one is whining........

We are an average team............average goalie(at Best), 3 1/2 decent defensemen, and two old allstar forwards, that are trying to play their a$$ off.......and everyone is whining about the coach, as if what he does would make much of a difference......the other team puts out players too!

Now, do I have to say it slower! We are an average team! Even with good coaching!

9 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Yet he's been cold the last few games. I understand that career percentages are important, but I'd argue that recent performance should indicate who gets the nod in the shootout. I don't understand why Hansen or McCann weren't given a chance tonight. 

But if you follow that line of thinking the Sedins would be the first names on the shootout list and we all know how that would end. 

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Look it is very simple, we are a team in transition....we have young players and old players.........The Rangers have traded away prospects and 1st rounders to keep their team competitive....and every one is whining........

We are an average team............average goalie(at Best), 3 1/2 decent defensemen, and two old allstar forwards, that are trying to play their a$$ off.......and everyone is whining about the coach, as if what he does would make much of a difference......the other team puts out players too!

Now, do I have to say it slower! We are an average team! Even with good coaching!

Ahem... Bartender, can you call a cab please?  His night is over.

Archived