The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2, Stars 3

TheRussianRocket.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I agree we need to replace them, but I'm not counting on getting top 2 picks to do it. There's no way with this team spending to the cap every season that we can even be that bad.

At best we get a 6-10 pick and draft another Virtanen or Horvat. Hardly elite talent.

We gotta just keep drafting well wherever we draft and pick up extra selections when we can. At some point we gotta hope we get lucky and draft a star.

we need to stop playing lets make the playoffs only to bow out early in them and suck it up and tank a season or two! thats how chicago did it when they struck gold with kane and toews, islanders with tavaris...list goes on and on...but the only way to do it that is be 3rd or 4th worst team at the right year... i just don't see us doing that though...we have to much pride for that...

27 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

Not forgetting the before, its the now. Who has the shootout book on McCann!
What would be so bad with Hansen just ripping it past the goalie.
Willie needs to change things up, what worked before doesn't anymore.
Liked that if we couldn't win in regulation, at least we didn't lose in OT. (close though)

WD seems too stubborn and set in his ways at times

Don't want to be another person pointing out Webers play.. But for realz he's out of his league.

Alas he's an asset just want to see him flipped for a pick or somethin at this point..if any teams stupid enough to take the bait :ph34r:

$6 mills Mills earning his pay cheque. Now if he can sustain that level for a prolonged period we'll be sneaking into playoffs no problem.

I like our fourth line but would love to see bo play with Dorsette and burrows. Make it happen coach

I think the most important games this road trip is Ducks and Kings. Division opponents fighting for same playoff spot, it is more important to win those 2 games in R cuz they are 4 point games. Meanwhile the stars will prob finish top of Central and guaratneed a playoff spot, they aren't our enemy in terms of playoff race.

I don't get it. The team is being retooled. The vets are on their way out and kids are on their way in. YET, Willie D in crunch situations still goes to the vets that are the very reason for the retool in the first place? We've been loosing with the so called vets ever since the Bruins final so why can't we at least try the kids in the crunch situations? YES, we may still loose, but I guarantee you the current crop of kids won't take too kindly too loosing for very long, just the same as the vets that got us to the Stanley Cup final didn't take to loosing when they had still had skill and youth on their side. Hello? Willie? We're retooling!! Pass the figgen torch please!!

Edited to note. I'll give the Sedins a pass on this. :).

2 minutes ago, *16* said:

we need to stop playing lets make the playoffs only to bow out early in them and suck it up and tank a season or two! thats how chicago did it when they struck gold with kane and toews, islanders with tavaris...list goes on and on...but the only way to do it that is be 3rd or 4th worst team at the right year... i just don't see us doing that though...we have to much pride for that...

The only way is if the owners choose not to spend to the cap. They're not going to do that as long as playoff revenue is their top priority.

The best time to do it will be in a couple seasons when all the big contracts except the Sedins are off the books. We'll see if Benning fills those spots with more inflated contracts though.

48 minutes ago, Heretic said:

No - we lost twice to them now - they came back and beat us - we came back and lost.  

Only credit goes to Miller for keeping us in it.

1 for 7 on the PP? Unacceptable.

Too many men in OT?  Unacceptable.  That was a penalty - anyone who say otherwise has been drinking too much or off their rocker.

Shoot out - ZERO goals.  Unacceptable.  Should have gotten at least 1.  

Need I remind you of SCF 2011 game 7?  ZERO goals.

How about last year VS the Flamez?  No way we should have lost to them - but we did - why? Because we can't score when we really need it.

Been that way for many years.

So why do you bother?  I mean, I'm not ignoring those things but peaks and valleys.  If that all happened and we got blown out, sure.  But it was a pretty good finish and we were in it. 

Archived