The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

** Is there anyone Else but the Canucks...**

WestlockWarrior

11 hours ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Vrbata was a regular when he was on the first line. The Sedins are brutal at shootouts.

Yeah, no passing allowed in the shootout...takes away the Sedins bread & butter. 

Let's give Miller or Markstrom a shot next shootout, I mean c'mon how many Canucks' games are gonna make it past OT anyway? It'd be good for a laugh.

9 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Yeah, no passing allowed in the shootout...takes away the Sedins bread & butter. 

Let's give Miller or Markstrom a shot next shootout, I mean c'mon how many Canucks' games are gonna make it past OT anyway? It'd be good for a laugh.

I can't remember what year it was, 2012 maybe, where the twins and Kesler were like a combined 1 out of 15+ attempts or something. That experiment ended there lol.

Did you like Vrbata's shootout attempt ? The guy is a proven goal scorer and then that . Why in the heck don't they let the rookies in the shootout or even Edler? Its always the same old. Its like the coach doesn't know his team yet or ever will. Some coaches have good instincts for shootouts etc. They adapt and actually are like another player for the team. We could have had Lindy Rough but we got WD.

11 minutes ago, snucks said:

Did you like Vrbata's shootout attempt ? The guy is a proven goal scorer and then that . Why in the heck don't they let the rookies in the shootout or even Edler? Its always the same old. Its like the coach doesn't know his team yet or ever will. Some coaches have good instincts for shootouts etc. They adapt and actually are like another player for the team. We could have had Lindy Rough but we got WD.

Well that really depends. Remember, we don't see these players during practice, and they've said in the past that they practice the shootout in practice. WD is going to have more inside knowledge on how each player does in the shootout than we do.

So maybe Vrbata's our only guy.... lol

13 hours ago, WestlockWarrior said:

That doesn't use a 1st liner as one of their 3 starting shooters in the shoout. 

Name me one other team that does this In the nhl I dare you. 

Can't really blame them because the Twins are horrible on breaways.  It's more of a weird fact rather than a shot against the NUX. 

Most coaches choose shoot-out players on the basis of their past record in shoot-outs and penalty shots and on who does well in shoot-outs in practice. That may or may not be first line players.

Last night's choices were pretty obvious. Vrby is one the best shoot-out guys in the league, and Burrows and Higgins are both very good in the shootout. For the younger guys to get a look they will need to do well in shoot-outs in practice first.

23 hours ago, WestlockWarrior said:

Can't really blame them because the Twins are horrible on breaways.  It's more of a weird fact rather than a shot against the NUX. 

How many shootouts have we been in this year? And how much does it matter if we have 2nd and 3rd line players who are no worse than other top players? Give us something to show how the players we use are worse (rather than just saying "boo hoo our 1st line") or stick to leaving the new threads to other people.

23 hours ago, WestlockWarrior said:

This is a red herring.  Who cares.  Results matter.

Archived