The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 4, Vancouver 0

TheRussianRocket.

I know it won't happen, but that is the kind of effort that will get an NHL coach fired.

I watched both the Oilers and Canucks tonight...six periods of brutal hockey against beatable opponents no less...

They looked and played the same, both teams never had the puck, both teams scored 0 goals, and both teams look like they want to take Christmas off a month early.

1 minute ago, yes we can nucks said:

How pathetic not to see anyone come to our prized rookie's aid when he was being ragdolled!

That lack of response says it all.

The sad thing is Benning was an architect of the 2011 boston goon squad.  Surely he must see the complete lack of toughness as an issue.  

i still liked 3 Canucks that showed energy in some way-

1) Edler

2) Daniel

3) McCann - (though late)    i dont want to se a next game i want to see a change of  goalie - permanently FIRST.,

note: THE POISON is working Hard.... from the GReek Gods...and Medusa Magic is working...

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Did anyone see how Kesler came from behind Horvat put his arm around his head and said something in his ear.  Looked like Horvat was annoyed but it and next faceoff Kesler rolls into the dot and bumps helmets with Horvat.  Next shift Horvat seemed more determined to be noticed.  

Dirty business by Getzlaf.  Glad McCann nearly knocked him over though with that push.

i bet kes either said  something like  guess your not going to be in playoffs for a longtime or he said he was taking out horvats gf for drinks after the game lol

The players seem to be tuning Willie out. Tonight's game against the Ducks was horrible, no energy, no enthusiasm, even John Garrett said they looked tired. You can blame the players but you can't replace all of them, there's one person you can replace though and that's Willie. Nobody man upped, they just let the Ducks push them around, it's the coach's responsibility to motivate these guys, push these guys, force these guys to be responsible for their actions, etc. I think Willie has been trying but it's not getting through to them this season.

4 minutes ago, thema said:

Since deb always accuses me of being so negative I will only see lemonade amidst all the lemons tonight.

Weber actually looked pretty good to me, especially on the PP. Maybe there's hope.

Markstrom was brilliant in relief.

Otherwise: a catastrophe.

Next...

Markstrom with a sparkling 0.00 GAA and 1.000 SV%

1 minute ago, chickenman92 said:

Good on Jared for showing more character and leadership then the the whole lot of them. Benning should kick the door in, slap each vet across the face and say if the skinniest guy on the team is willing to mix it up, what the heck is wrong with the rest of you guys?

That is a suggestion I very much agree on on what benning should do, heck even bring lucic in to slap every vet, cept the sedins, in their very faces

The think is their nobody on  the Canucks that will scare and other teams, that why teams/players continue to do cheap shot because they know nothing going to happen. Imagine a guy like Lucic do u think Getzlef would still do what he did knowing Lucic is on this team

Just now, Darius71 said:

That lack of response says it all.

The sad thing is Benning was an architect of the 2011 boston goon squad.  Surely he must see the complete lack of toughness as an issue.  

well he called up Pedan, unfortunately our 'coach' is in love with Weber's defensive prowess.

2 minutes ago, Vicky said:

In all fairness, they should.  Everyone expected that the Ducks would be destroying this year.  They are too good not to make the playoffs.  Us, one the other hand...

True enough but this kind of thing isn't unusual with our Canucks. If any team is doing poorly, quite often they'll kick our ass and that'll be just the jumpstart they'll need.

Archived