The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL board of governors decides to eliminate executive compensation policy

DalesArmy

10 minutes ago, DalesArmy said:

Does this mean that the Canucks get beat out of their second round draft pick from the Blue Jackets for Tortorella?

from the link you posted:

Five third-round picks and two second-round picks have been given up so far under the policy, and Bettman said those selections won't be given back.

Starting Jan. 1, the league goes back to the old policy that a team must grant permission to talk to an employee but isn't allowed to ask for compensation.

Finally we get a break at the league level.

I was actually worried they'd retroactively change the rule and take our pick back, just like they did when they penalized those long contracts handed out a few years back, leaving us holding the bag on cap recapture.

9 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Finally we get a break at the league level.

I was actually worried they'd retroactively change the rule and take our pick back, just like they did when they penalized those long contracts handed out a few years back, leaving us holding the bag on cap recapture.

I agree. Columbus can either allow for the second rounder to be from the 2016,17 or 18 draft. That left me unsure whether the league would scratch all executive transactions from the books come Jan. 1st. 2016

'Five third-round picks and two second-round picks have been given up so far under the policy, and Bettman said those selections won't be given back except for Vancouver's pick acquired from Columbus because hey.... its Vancouver and I don't like them'

2 hours ago, DalesArmy said:

I agree. Columbus can either allow for the second rounder to be from the 2016,17 or 18 draft. That left me unsure whether the league would scratch all executive transactions from the books come Jan. 1st. 2016

Is there a time limit on when Columbus has to decide which years pick we get? If not there should be.

16 minutes ago, Nail3738 said:

Works for me, stupid system with the number of coaches that are hired and fired nowadays..

When you have a poor team in front of the coach, blame the coach and sack him right? lol

I actually think there's too much blaming of the coaches these days. There are obviously times when a coach isn't making a difference, but other times the team just sucks. Period.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

When you have a poor team in front of the coach, blame the coach and sack him right? lol

I actually think there's too much blaming of the coaches these days. There are obviously times when a coach isn't making a difference, but other times the team just sucks. Period.

Theirs a saying with coaches.

"They're Hired to be Fired"

Not arguing with you, but, its just the way it goes, its easy to change one coach, its alot harder to change 20 players, hahaha.

Archived