The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks vs. Canucks - Friday, January 1, 2016 - 7PM PT

canucksnhl

Happy New Year!  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, McCannon said:

1. Again, the entire league was well aware of Kassian's issues. The fact we even got prust for the 5th is surprising. You realize no one wanted him right? No one wants someone with substance issues buddy use your brain

2. Higgins has a NTC and isn't really of much value right now. Again, the best way to move him is at the deadline where someone may feel his experience is an asset. Ie a relatively young team entering the playoffs, that's common sense.

3. Yes and I guess you failed to notice we've been missing our 2nd line center, 3 top 5 dmen for most of the season and we have guys like Weber on our top PP....If you noticed, which you choose to ignore, the team was playing very competitively until the injuries hit. But I guess that has no bearing right?

4. The games we've won last year and this, many of them were a direct result of how miller played. And really? You want Lack and Markstrom behind this defense? Why? So you have more to whine about?

5. I see you as many here, just like to whine and want attention for it.

If this team bothers you so much, why watch? You need to have something to whine about in life is that it? If something bothered me that much, I wouldn't waste my time watching it, but hey I am a balanced person.

Just an observation....... when you respond in such a condescending and patronizing manner, people are less likely to listen to what you're trying to say. Or are you just looking for someone else to use your newfound ignore button on?

Just now, Cerridwen said:

Just an observation....... when you respond in such a condescending and patronizing manner, people are less likely to listen to what you're trying to say. Or are you just looking for someone else to use your newfound ignore button on?

You should have seen how he replied to me. LOL

4 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

If you're not aware, that kind of nonesense has been repeated over and over again. It gets frustrating seeing it over and over again.

Just now, Cerridwen said:

Because there are alot of 'complainers' on here. Like the Canucks owe them something. You respond and defeat and argument and they whine some more as we just saw.

If this team makes you constantly salty and whiney, a normal well adjusted person would say, well this isn't fun, I won't watch anymore.

But it seems some here, just want to whine - just calling it like I see it.

2 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I did! ;)

Good then you'll see I hit a nerve on a troll. That kid you just responded to tried to troll me for hours after in absolute rage LOL - and oddly 10 hours later he still can't let it go as evidenced by his continued concern about me, an anonymous internet poster.

Shows I was right wasn't it? Kind of ironic

Just now, the_impersonator13 said:

This is by far the worst and least dangerous group of forwards we have iced all season

I can't remember - when was the last time the Canucks had a dangerous group of forwards???? ;)

1 minute ago, McCannon said:

1. Again, the entire league was well aware of Kassian's issues. The fact we even got prust for the 5th is surprising. You realize no one wanted him right? No one wants someone with substance issues buddy use your brain

2. Higgins has a NTC and isn't really of much value right now. Again, the best way to move him is at the deadline where someone may feel his experience is an asset. Ie a relatively young team entering the playoffs, that's common sense.

3. Yes and I guess you failed to notice we've been missing our 2nd line center, 3 top 5 dmen for most of the season and we have guys like Weber on our top PP....If you noticed, which you choose to ignore, the team was playing very competitively until the injuries hit. But I guess that has no bearing right?

4. The games we've won last year and this, many of them were a direct result of how miller played. And really? You want Lack and Markstrom behind this defense? Why? So you have more to whine about?

5. I see you as many here, just like to whine and want attention for it.

If this team bothers you so much, why watch? You need to have something to whine about in life is that it? If something bothered me that much, I wouldn't waste my time watching it, but hey I am a balanced person.

I want us to win a cup.

Whatever is not helping us do that is a bad move.

And by competitive, you mean we were losing every game by one goal. Great. Competitive teams can come from behind in the third. What's our record when losing into the third this year?

I've watched this team through so much of 'the dark ages' that I can see shades of it returning. Desperate hack and slash solutions that do nothing but get us a mid-range pick for our historically crap scouts to waste... it gets tiresome.

I don't care if I get attention or not, I'm not whining. I'm criticizing things I think are stupid. I cheer for things I think are good. Right now it's pretty limited in the good department.

And yes, I'd rather have Lack and Markstrom. The cap space to spend on a better defence instead would be preferable. Chicago and LA are proving that goaltending isn't the critical position. It has to be "good enough", not stellar. Overpaying on goaltending isn't going to win a cup. The addage is correct; Offense wins games, Defence wins championships.

1 minute ago, brownky said:

I want us to win a cup.

Whatever is not helping us do that is a bad move.

And by competitive, you mean we were losing every game by one goal. Great. Competitive teams can come from behind in the third. What's our record when losing into the third this year?

I've watched this team through so much of 'the dark ages' that I can see shades of it returning. Desperate hack and slash solutions that do nothing but get us a mid-range pick for our historically crap scouts to waste... it gets tiresome.

I don't care if I get attention or not, I'm not whining. I'm criticizing things I think are stupid. I cheer for things I think are good. Right now it's pretty limited in the good department.

And yes, I'd rather have Lack and Markstrom. The cap space to spend on a better defence instead would be preferable. Chicago and LA are proving that goaltending isn't the critical position. It has to be "good enough", not stellar. Overpaying on goaltending isn't going to win a cup. The addage is correct; Offense wins games, Defence wins championships.

And you think Benning and Linden don't want to win a cup? I guess you should have called up acquilini and got the job if you're so much more interested in winning a cup and better equiped to run this team.

Archived