The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UND HOCKEY : Drake Caggiula (undrafted/unsigned)

Tavrohorvat53

2 minutes ago, Mrbigyellowbus said:

Is that why Benning went out and acquired those big grinders like Vey, Baerschi, Granlund, and traded Kassian? Man that Benning guy just can't get over the tough bruiser prospects.

granlund ends the convo, he is like the worst player ever. 

Edit, he is not a grinder, not a scorer, he is not tough so what is he? A career on Finish hockey as a color analyst, Granlund is a bad trade.

Just now, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

JB thinks like  Don Cherry, also has a ego that can't be stopped. Like trading Shink for no reason. Brace yourself draft will be something.

I don't know much about this Cagullia kid, other than he's close to Vey's age.  Does that mean he's as good as he gets?  

I really want our team to win, as we all do.  I try to accept all these bad things as part of the entire it's only entertainment belief.  So, it's entertaining, no matter what JB does, right?  if I say this enough times maybe I won't have to make believe I'm an 80's TV stuffed puppet?  And you could take the bag off your head?  :lol:

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I don't know much about this Cagullia kid, other than he's close to Vey's age.  Does that mean he's as good as he gets?  

I really want our team to win, as we all do.  I try to accept all these bad things as part of the entire it's only entertainment belief.  So, it's entertaining, no matter what JB does, right?  if I say this enough times maybe I won't have to make believe I'm an 80's TV stuffed puppet?  And you could take the bag off your head?  :lol:

unlike Vey who skates like a  turtle, Caguilla kid is fast, and his game can transition to Tyler Johnsons.

People talk about size, skill, speed, grinding, blah blah blah.  Theres no correct recipe of kinds of player you need in your line up to win the cup.

There IS however a general template:

Depth at Center

Franchise Dman

Clutch Goaltending (not necessarily a Vezina contender, just someone who battles and comes up big in key momoents)

After this, a general mix of quality players that have chemistry with each other.

The size of these players is generally moot.  You can win with all kinds of different looking lineups, but look over history, and you usually find depth at center, and a #1D with a bullet.

26 minutes ago, 70seven said:

People talk about size, skill, speed, grinding, blah blah blah.  Theres no correct recipe of kinds of player you need in your line up to win the cup.

There IS however a general template:

Depth at Center

Franchise Dman

Clutch Goaltending (not necessarily a Vezina contender, just someone who battles and comes up big in key momoents)

After this, a general mix of quality players that have chemistry with each other.

The size of these players is generally moot.  You can win with all kinds of different looking lineups, but look over history, and you usually find depth at center, and a #1D with a bullet.

This guy pretty much nailed it.

Depth at Center - Such a huge need, don`t need a top tier #1 center (though it helps) but you need a good 1-2 combo on your first two lines, and a quality 3rd line center who can at the least shut down the opposing teams top lines and hopefully chip in a little bit. Good 4th line Center is just cherry on top.

Franchise Dman - Not sure if it has to be a bonafide Franchise D in the mold of a Weber/Doughty/Pronger type, but you definitely need a top end #1 D that can play a lot of minutes and play in every situation. I think you could get away with having a really deep D-core that is solid throughout, kind of like what Anaheim has right now and the Canucks had in 2011.

Clutch Goaltending - Nailed it, can't remember who said it "In hockey, goaltending is 50% of the game, unless it's bad goaltending, then it's 100% because you're going to lose" having a stud of a goalie is great, think Carey Price/Henrik Lundqvist, that can steal you a game or two, or even a series, but plenty of teams have won with decent goalies who are able to make the big saves when they are needed to.

1 hour ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Edit, he is not a grinder, not a scorer, he is not tough so what is he? A career on Finish hockey as a color analyst, Granlund is a bad trade.

You missed my point entirely. I'm not defending the Granlund trade, as it does look pretty bad at this point. You made the claim that Benning only likes big bodied players, and I debunked that claim. 

3 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Great points. There was a reason he went undrafted. Unless your really talented it's very hard to play in the NHL if you're a 5'10" guy. I like Stecher because he seems to have great vision and knows where to be on the ice. And even though he's only 5'10" he's built like a tank and can take physical punishment. Also a great skater. I don't see that with Caggiula. He's just another smallish forward with some good talent. But in the NHL those guys get eaten up. Unless he brings some real jam to his game he could be a career AHL'er. 

Agreed, and I still have high hopes for Zhukenov. our little Datsyuk.::D

On 4/16/2016 at 1:07 PM, Alflives said:

if I say this enough times maybe I won't have to make believe I'm an 80's TV stuffed puppet?  And you could take the bag off your head?  :lol:

You keep doing you Alf. Go eat a cat and keep that giant man hand lodged firmly up your backside that makes you say outrageous BS. As for Desi he's the ultimate grinder. He's the very thing that he hates and his avatar as the unknown comic from the Gong Show is even more appropriate. GGGong!

8 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

You keep doing you Alf. Go eat a cat and keep that giant man hand lodged firmly up your backside that makes you say outrageous BS. As for Desi he's the ultimate grinder. He's the very thing that he hates and his avatar as the unknown comic from the Gong Show is even more appropriate. GGGong!

The large man-hand is getting to me.  If we win the Cup I can be free of such control and just be me - an alter boy. B)

23 hours ago, 87Crosby said:

I wonder if Desi watches the games

Does that bag he wears have eye slits?  

On 16/04/2016 at 5:08 PM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

unlike Vey who skates like a  turtle, Caguilla kid is fast, and his game can transition to Tyler Johnsons.

Desi likes Caguilla ... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I really had hopes for this kid but it turns out he is just another Sanguinetti :(

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If we get Caggiula maybe Schmaltz stays at UND for 4 years. ^_^

I wonder what it would take to pry him from Chicago. Probably too much.

Hahaha I see what you did there. :P

Yeah it would definitely be great to get Schmaltz. What is his value do you think? Would you give up McCann for him? Not that it means as much now but Schmaltz was even drafted 4 spots ahead. 

Honestly, I'd probably give Hansen+ for them to take it. His value is at an all time high and man... Can you imagine Hansen in the Hawks lineup? They'd be so incredibly deep in the playoffs, Lord Stanley would orgasm. I think if I were the Hawks during a TDL, I'd pull the trigger on Hansen+ low picks, depth D, for Schmaltz + throw in picks. 

On April 16, 2016 at 3:20 PM, alfstonker said:

Agreed, and I still have high hopes for Zhukenov. our little Datsyuk.::D

So do I. 

I think he's the biggest sleeper in the system. 

That project will take another 3 years but that payoff for a 4th round pick could be very rewarding. 

On 4/18/2016 at 11:49 PM, suitup said:

Hahaha I see what you did there. :P

Yeah it would definitely be great to get Schmaltz. What is his value do you think? Would you give up McCann for him? Not that it means as much now but Schmaltz was even drafted 4 spots ahead. 

Honestly, I'd probably give Hansen+ for them to take it. His value is at an all time high and man... Can you imagine Hansen in the Hawks lineup? They'd be so incredibly deep in the playoffs, Lord Stanley would orgasm. I think if I were the Hawks during a TDL, I'd pull the trigger on Hansen+ low picks, depth D, for Schmaltz + throw in picks. 

no McCann > Schmaltz by far.

On 16/04/2016 at 1:06 PM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

I am so looking forward to the Canucks getting the first pick so I don't have to read your drivel for 10 months

Archived