The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interesting Zack Kassian Interview

13 hours ago, D-Money said:

Some people need to hit rock bottom before making drastic changes, even when it was obvious all along where it was headed.

As much as I hope the best for the guy, I hate the fact he's in our division. He was always focused when playing the Sabres with us, and those were some of his best games. He could end up terrorizing us for years.

It is only ever obvious to the people looking in.. It isn't so clear to the person that is dealing with "issues". If it was, there would never be addicts.

I am a huge Kass fan, and I hope he gets his $&!# together and lights it up.

35 minutes ago, Jaku said:

I really enjoyed this. I am also a big Kassian fan. I truly hope he can re-juvinate his career and become the prototypical power forward he was supposed to be.

I hope he stays clean and has an 'decent' career, not a bertuzzi one lol! I loved Kass but we don't need a Bert in our division!!!

Really wish him the best and think he has some serious talent - a combination of speed, size, hands and vision that very few are gifted with and at the same time can K.O. giants like Ben Eager...  Didn't put it all together here, but still thankful for what he did bring and the effect he had on opposition - imo definitely made on-ice life a bit easier on guys like the Sedins.

Makes me sick to see the guy in a Coilers jersey though.  Definitely conflicted but want to see him recover and do the things he's capable of.

First game against the Coilers with Kass in the line-up: Prust & Kass dance @ centre ice...but it doesn't matter because the Sedins put up 263 points that night. Man do I LOVE playing Edmonton! They've helped a lot of NHL'ers reach milestones (as players FOR Edmonton in the 80's...and as everyone playing AGAINST them ever since).

Happy to hear it's alcohol and not Cocaine he's hooked on, easier on the finances, and easier to pull away from, hopefully he can salvage his career and become the middle 6 power forward I've always thought/hoped he'd become.

1 hour ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Those are words, it matters when it becomes actions.

Not sure what you mean. Kassian has taken actions to correct his life. I believe that was the point of the article.

I was never a fan of Kassian. Watching him play, I always saw a guy with lots of raw talent but with very little between the ears. I can't say I disliked him but I wasn't fond of him either which I suppose is to be expected due to the role that he plays on the ice. With all that said, I will root for him as I am someone that knows all too well the struggle he is going through. Even if he never finds his way back to the NHL, I hope that he is able to win the fight that really matters. 

Good luck Kass.

Archived