The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade F Jensen to Rangers for F Etem

59 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Jensen is pretty much a draft bust at this point. Couldn't translate his game to the AHL, let alone the NHL. Etem is basically on the same boat. Last kick at the can for both players me thinks.

Disagree on Etem as someone already mentioned his play in the AHL and the adv of Etem over Jensen is Etem's game can translate successfully into a 3/4 line role of required because of his style of play whereas Jensen was top 2 or bust....we're better off with Etem. If he tops out as a Hansen/Richardson (w speed) type player its still a good move.Smart asset management by Benning in my view

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What made Kassian stand out was he got gassed after 20 seconds, and lost his legs completely after a few short shifts.  Hockey IQ means zero, if you can't keep up.  And I loved Kassian!

Skills mean nothing, if you have a drinking problem.

2 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

would him and jake Virtanen workout, what made Kassian stand out was his hockey iq on the ice.

Kassian made a few nice passes and suddenly he has good hockey IQ?

No sorry, Kassian did not have good hockey IQ. He would show glimpses of it, but then he would go and take a ridiculous penalty or make a horrible pass. 

Virtanen and Etem are nothing like Kassian. Both are hard workers and know how to forecheck. Kassian's commitment and inconsistency were always going to be a problem.

It doesn't matter whether Etem sucks or not. The fact is, Jensen is a bust and a career AHL'er. I bet he goes to Europe in a few years. At least Etem has shown skill through the AHL and lower leagues. Unlike Jensen who has never ever hit 30 points in the AHL LOL

11 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

There were a lot more positive "key points" in there. You just picked the ones that you could spin as possible negatives and took them out of context.

A poor attempt at trolling indeed.

Ever since Desi's huge stake in the BoSang Revenge scheme blew up in his face, his game has been weaker than ever.  His trolling started at Notch One, but has fallen several from that mighty perch.  Now he's just another combover, complaining about everything like an irregular old man who ran out of prune juice.

Ranger gave up Hagelin for this kid and Hagelin's a pretty good player. Pretty much this kid just didn't work out in NYR under AV. For whatever reason sometimes a kid doesn't work out. He had good value at the start of the season.

I see him as a 3rd line winger with lots of speed. Got him for next to nothing, Jensen was never going to make this team and he might not make the NHL, a 6th round pick isn't worth much, that's a throw in. 

Love this trade, Got an NHL player for a bust and a 6th. Can't do much better than that in a trade. I think this kid can put the puck in the net for the Canucks. Can't wait to see him after about 10 games, he should get his legs by then and we'll know what we have. 

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Not a creative player, a goal scorer.  sounds like a great fit w twins.  last yr playoffs he was with Perry and Getzlaf.

He's not a creative player in that he's not a play maker. Which is fine for me, not every player on a line has to be a play maker. Someone has to put the puck in the net.

He is creative in the sense that he can make plays on his own. He knows how to beat players one on one and get to the net. That's an important skill for a player to have. I think he just needs to be paired with a creative winger like Baertschi or Shinkaruk.

Late to the party, so it may have already been said...

Etem = big, heavy and fast western leaguer.

Jensen = big, soft European.

I'll take 1 Etem for a hundred Jensens.

I like the trade...getting Etem is a year and a half behind schedule (wasn't he the player everyone wanted as the center piece for Kesler?)...hopefully Willie can get the same out of Etem as he did while he was in the 'Hat.  Does Willie re-unite Em with Vey?  

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Love this trade, Got an NHL player for a bust and a 6th. Can't do much better than that in a trade. I think this kid can put the puck in the net for the Canucks. Can't wait to see him after about 10 games, he should get his legs by then and we'll know what we have.

A year from now it could look like the Prust trade -- Etem for a 6th round pick.

9 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Not a creative player, a goal scorer.  sounds like a great fit w twins.  last yr playoffs he was with Perry and Getzlaf.

Odd how Getzy and Perry seem to be having off years hey? Sometimes that player you think is not contributing much may indeed be providing alot of little parts of the game that most don't notice!

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

A year from now it could look like the Prust trade -- Etem for a 6th round pick.

It's pretty much already like that, Jensen is a bust, he's going to have a really hard time making the NHL. A 6th is nothing, it's a throw in. 

Archived