The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade F Jensen to Rangers for F Etem

5 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Don't forget that was in junior.

I just want to see the guy use his speed and win puck battles.  Canucks desperately need that element especially with Hansen out

Yes of course but it says he has talent and nice to know he and Shink had their best years together  - chemistry doesn't disappear.

He plays a very competitive game, I don't think we're going to be upset with this trade!

I was pretty po'ed watching the 2011 draft and the Canucks took Jensen, I wanted Jenner. Jensen had supposedly "slipped" several spots which goes to show that players that slip may have red flags waiving all over them. Not to say Jensen is a bad player, he may still become and NHL'er and I have been rooting for him but now that ship has sailed.

I have always like Etem, when he played for the Ducks he looked very hard to play against has he has potential to develop on this Canucks team. The Rangers still consider themselves a cup team so Etem's growth and development opportunities were limited. Etem will have a much longer leash here, much to our frustration at times but it will help him develop over time.

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I am a big fan of Emerson Etem. He is bigger and stronger than Jensen, and has a similar offensive upside. He has some pretty nice goal highlights on YouTube. I recommend you look up a goal he scored against the Jets when he was with Anaheim. Beautiful goal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnQ0OzoE_Pk). 

He also stands up for his teammates when necessary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X3RY4TwQeE)

Jensen seemed to have fallen out of favour in Vancouver and his stock was falling more and more. I think this is a steal by Jim Benning. Great trade in my opinion. I wish the best of luck to Jensen in NYR, but I think in the end we have a player more suited to our style of play with Emerson Etem.

Great Job JB! Very smart hockey trade IMO. I bet WD is happy as well (Another Medicine Hat Tiger).

Handled himself well against that @#$$ Roussel.

The pbp guys also note his conditioning / Etem's work ethic. 

6 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I am a big fan of Emerson Etem. He is bigger and stronger than Jensen, and has a similar offensive upside. He has some pretty nice goal highlights on YouTube. I recommend you look up a goal he scored against the Jets when he was with Anaheim. Beautiful goal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnQ0OzoE_Pk). 

He also stands up for his teammates when necessary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X3RY4TwQeE)

Jensen seemed to have fallen out of favour in Vancouver and his stock was falling more and more. I think this is a steal by Jim Benning. Great trade in my opinion. I wish the best of luck to Jensen in NYR, but I think in the end we have a player more suited to our style of play with Emerson Etem.

Great Job JB! Very smart hockey trade IMO. I bet WD is happy as well (Another Medicine Hat Tiger).

That is an impressive scrap against a pretty tough guy. Etem looks very strong.

1 minute ago, HC20.0 said:

Jensen is pretty much a draft bust at this point. Couldn't translate his game to the AHL, let alone the NHL. Etem is basically on the same boat. Last kick at the can for both players me thinks.

I'd say Etem did well in the AHL.  He was a PPG player for his last 2 years there.  Jensen hasn't done nearly as well.

1 hour ago, Fan since 82 said:

But he was sent down to NYR farm team for a conditioning stint so maybe he continues that in Utica? Don't know but that would make sense.

Benning said on the radio that he is on his way to Vancouver, will practice tomorrow am and it's up to Willie if he plays against the Lightning or not

1 minute ago, AlphaHoneyBadger said:

Hansen out, WD looks at the players he's coached in the minors and sends an email with all those players names and asks JB to pick one and bring them in. It getting exhausting watching mgmt pander to twitchies past players.

I'm glad I read your post before it got moderated.  I love WD humour!:lol:

Another terrible trade by the worst GM I've ever seen in the NHL.

Giving up younger assets and picks for players who've done nothing in the NHL. Check. 

Bringing in players who have no history of quality advanced stats. Check

Brining in players Willie will play no matter what just cause they're were on Medicine The team. Check.

Brining in players who've scored 0 goals this season. Check.

Giving up on young assets before they are ever given a chance in the NHL. Check.

I don't know how he still has a job. He's got fleeced in every traded and signing he's ever made in Vancouver.

2 minutes ago, AlphaHoneyBadger said:

Hansen out, WD looks at the players he's coached in the minors and sends an email with all those players names and asks JB to pick one and bring them in. It getting exhausting watching mgmt pander to twitchies past players.

Vey seems to be a swing and a miss so far, but that happens.

Jensen for Etem is a good trade regardless if he played for Willie before or not.

Fast forward to next season and I bet we get nothing for Jensen, and lose him to waivers.

Just now, RunningWild said:

Giving up younger assets and picks for players who've done nothing in the NHL. Check. Jensen drafted 29th 1 year after 29th picked Etem

Bringing in players who have no history of quality advanced stats. Check Advanced stats sure won loads of teams cups in the 100 years before advanced stats yuppers.  Check those stats again, he's VERY promising

Brining in players Willie will play no matter what just cause they're were on Medicine The team. Check. Connection and best WHL point totals while playing with Vey/Valk/Shinkaruk all our property in our organization...

Brining in players who've scored 0 goals this season. Check. Has 3 more assists than Jensen does in the NHL and almost 2.5 x's more points than him in the AHL

Giving up on young assets before they are ever given a chance in the NHL. Check.  Again, Jensen drafted 29th 1 year after Etem was drafted 29th, appearing Green did literally everything he could but still could not get Jensen to produce consistently where Etem does....

I don't know how he still has a job. He's got fleeced in every traded and signing he's ever made in Vancouver.

That knee jerk reaction was so wild and blind I'd be surprised if you didn't break your nose and knock a tooth out jerking it that hard.

Gotta stop jerking it that way over every single trade.  This is actually a good thing, if you weren't blind from such a wicked self jerk you'd know that.

8 minutes ago, AlphaHoneyBadger said:

Holy cow, that's dumb even by CDC standards. 

3 minutes ago, RunningWild said:

Giving up younger assets and picks for players who've done nothing in the NHL. Check. 

Bringing in players who have no history of quality advanced stats. Check

Brining in players Willie will play no matter what just cause they're were on Medicine The team. Check.

Brining in players who've scored 0 goals this season. Check.

Giving up on young assets before they are ever given a chance in the NHL. Check.

Wrecked yourself?

Check.

Archived