The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Attempting To Move F Christopher Higgins

Heretic

he will get waived. Etem, Shinkaruk and Gaunce should be ahead of him.

No one will want him and his six pack. He is too expensive. I could see teams wanting him at a reduced cap hit but if I was JB I would only take on some cap if it is for a 2nd round pick or higher, which I doubt anyone offers.

He is utica bound - and actually - he would help the franchise there a lot - that is nearish to where he grew up, he is a high quality individual and can help reming young players not to party too hard when they hit the big time - seeing as that is what de-railed his career.

It is definitely time for us and Higgins to move on. He was a good player for us, and he stepped up when asked to on the second line, but just like Bieksa, his best before date has come and gone. He has been brutal this year, and that's being nice. Hopefully he lands a good home, but this was a long time coming. 

Torts and AV did like him. But rangers are tight with cap space, and Columbus would likely want hartnell or clarkson off their books. Not sure what columbus would offer us for him.

Rychel has asked out, but even if we add to higgins with a prospect like grenier would they have interest or would that be enough? I know a lot of ppl on here want to see Grenier on the Canucks, but maybe Benning doesnt see him becoming an nhler?

I'm surprised they won't let him play or travel with the team while they figure out what to do with him. It means one of two things; 1) they expect a decision to be made immediately about a potential trade or waive, or 2) something happened between the team and Higgins. 

I expect its the former rather than the latter, but this is a pretty strange way to about finding a trading partner.

I also wonder now. Since the Canucks are definitely going to move Higgins... How much longer does Burrows have here? Both have regressed greatly in play, and are occupying roster spots that could be given to players like Gaunce or Shinkaruk. 

1 minute ago, HC20.0 said:

I also wonder now. Since the Canucks are definitely going to move Higgins... How much longer does Burrows have here? Both have regressed greatly in play, and are occupying roster spots that could be given to players like Gaunce or Shinkaruk. 

The day Burr gets traded? Wow...

The guy has been a true soldier for the Canucks the past five years. It's sad his game has regressed but that's age.

Defensively he is still very good, very dependable and hopefully he'll still have an NHL career on a 4th line somewhere after this is resolved.

He's a real team guy so I have no doubt he'll help the young guys in Utica if required, I wish him well.

Archived