The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Montreal is definitely interested in a Canuck

Boddy604

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

You could think that.

And then you could look at the list of pending UFA goaltenders this summer.

And then you could narrow that fairly weak group down to which might be available to rent.

And then you'd probably find yourself looking at other options.

Cam Ward.

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Nice how it seems all Cdn franchises are reduced to shufflin' deck chairs on that famous ship. No PO's for Cdn towns, who contribute the lion's share of league rev. How many Cdn dollars precisely go to subsidizing their half-empty bldgs in sub-tropical locales?

We've had a religion stolen here. Bettman must laugh at the gullibility, as he perpetually rapes the golden goose.

& our Xmas is supposedly TDL or DD? Let's get excited over another pick or 19 yr old.

This league has become a joke.

And the owners keep wanting Bettman to stay. Money hungry pigs could give a rats azz about the game.

depends on how desperate Montreal will be for offense. if they're desperate. they could give up a decent amount for Vrbata. doesn't seem to be too much on the market at the moment for goal scorers. and Vrbata with all his warts this season. is a goal scorer who hasn't scored goals on a regular basis. but he can score when given the right line mates. maybe Benning tries to convince Bergervin to take him on. for a pick and prospect. 

6 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

You got to wonder what a desperate team for offense may give up for someone like a hansen/vrbata

Probably more than Vancouver fans think...

Love Hansen and I think he has a place on this team, perhaps even in front of Burrows. However, if the price is right, I assume Benning would pull the trigger as he did with his other just awesome trades.

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

depends on how desperate Montreal will be for offense. if they're desperate. they could give up a decent amount for Vrbata. doesn't seem to be too much on the market at the moment for goal scorers. and Vrbata with all his warts this season. is a goal scorer who hasn't scored goals on a regular basis. but he can score when given the right line mates. maybe Benning tries to convince Bergervin to take him on. for a pick and prospect. 

Trade Deadline 2013:

To Washington: Martin Erat, Michael Latta
To Nashville: Filip Forsberg

Desperation leads to teams making poor decisions. In this deal everyone knew that Forsberg could become a very good player, while 32-year old Martin Erat was while having a pretty good run in Nashville with 3 seasons of 21, 17 and 19 goals prior to being traded. Latta was a 21 year old prospect who was considered to be a potential scoring d-man in the NHL.

I look at Vrbata as a very similar player to Erat and this is the type of deal JB should be gunning for with a team desperate to make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Probably more than Vancouver fans think...

Love Hansen and I think he has a place on this team, perhaps even in front of Burrows. However, if the price is right, I assume Benning would pull the trigger as he did with his other just awesome trades.

We lose a lot of grit and speed if we lose Hansen. Asking price's got to be high. I wouldn't settle for anything less than a 1st.

On 1/27/2016 at 4:41 AM, canuktravella said:

i wonder what benning has up his sleeve will prust, vrbata, hamhuis and edler and miller  all be sent packing at deadline    

edler and vrbata for  hamonic  martin and a first and 2nd

hamhuis for pens 1st 

miller for any contender needing a goalie for their 1st retain 2mill  

prust for a 4th

burrows for a 3rd retain 2.5 mill cap 

sedin sedin hansen

baertchi sutter puljujarvi 

martin horvat virtanen 

gaunce mccann dorsett

hutton hamonic

sbisa tanev

pedan juolevi 

bartoski

marky 

bachman 

draft juolevi and puljujarvi and any other gems 

Typical Canuck Fan over value right there.  

13 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I can honestly see Vey in a Canadians jersey.

vey + Prust to MTL. Be my guess maybe Vrbata too for 2 parts coming back. Could see a large package.

Montreal likes to play with speed - that rules out Vey.

They moved Prust for a reason... it even left them without a so-called tough guy on their team but they felt they were better off without him.

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Does he really represent something we don't already have in the system though?

He doesn't look any better than Corrado or Clendening to me and we dumped both those guys for nothing.

yes but we no longer have 2 rhd prospects so replacing them would be smart no? Not everyone will pan out or clear waivers so try try again?

5 minutes ago, mangosteens said:

Guys, maybe the scouts are in Vancouver because of the CHL top prospects game?  Just a thought.

Of course they were, but they also might be looking at a few different players on either team in the game. If they werent doing scouting on a certain player I would hope they dont get to attend the game for free just because.

I would love to be a scout, yes your on the road, but you get to watch hockey and get paid a decent salary for doing it. No clue how you even start getting into that line of work.

Archived