The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Montreal is definitely interested in a Canuck

Boddy604

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Why do people not think Hansen is trade bait?

Ohhh he's having a great productive year. great.  Except that he's not a top 6 player on any other team in the league.  he's an elite 3rd line player, capable of filling in top 6 duties.  he's Burrows 3 years ago.

Burrows whom we should have traded for a major return.  

Hansen was drafted in the 9th round, 287th overall!  Take thet wins away he's a 30+ point player solid PK in his best years.

He's worth a 1st + right now.  As such right now is the time to trade him if people are starting to make major offers on him.

Because even though we all love the honey badger, he's the exact kind of success story you cash in on, much like we should have done with Klatt, Cowan, Burrows, Carter and however many before that played with the twins and had their value hyper inflated.

And before you chime in with the "he's a great role model/leader" for the kids.  Stop.  Yes his hard work and amazing on ice work ethic is a treat to watch, if someone offers up a premium for a career 3rd line player you take it.

Generally I'd prefer to keep Hansen, he brings everything you want from a vet not named Sedin.

I could get on board though if there's a clear plan to go after a guy like Okposo this summer though...

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Wow scouts have it good... Why can't they evaluate from the TV? 

They get free trips to the world's greatest city and see a hockey game to boot? What a job. 

I'm a much better judge of talent than most of those scouts. I want the job. 

Apollo I often wonder if you actually believe the stuff you say/type?

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

He has a pretty solid excuse to fall back on if they miss the playoffs. Price has only played 12 games this year and they've had a completely untested rookie as their starter for most of the season. He tried to address the situation bringing in Scrivens but that hasn't helped. They currently have a 28% chance of making the playoffs and have been the NHL's worst team since Price's injury.  

You may think it's propaganda but the bottom line is he's signed long term as the clubs GM.  I don't think his job is in any jeopardy because of tbe devastating injuries they've had. He's just as likely to accept this isn't their year and reload for next season with a healthy core 

I don't see that being a legitimate excuse at all. It's exposing his team as a one trick pony. They literally went from the the best team in the league to the worst, overnight, with the loss of a single player (thats actually pretty amazing if you think about it) suggesting that the team he has built is paper thin and riddled with holes from top to bottom. I'd say he's got to shore up that team before he starts to looks like a lame duck. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

What if they were there to watch Miller? :o

Could only hope that was the case. Moving Miller would be a big leap for the org and would not happen without a solid return to make it worth the fan backlash. Desperation starting to creep into some of these teams who are starting to drop. Teams like Montreal, NYI, Nash and FLD have to get into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Gstank29 said:

:o the trolls of CDC jsut got a whole bunch of new ammo to fire now

Lol. It's very unlikely but would be interesting.

The secrecy around Price's injury has been weird. Would they potentially take on Miller at a reduced salary and bank on being able to trade him in the summer?

15 hours ago, Boddy604 said:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/01/27/the-provies-the-most-dramatic-jannik-hansen-mic-drop-yet-and-the-most-controversial-pick-for-a-greatest-ever/

this article is just pretty all around great. talks about Hansen's little flip out (in case you missed it) and a rundown of the game. Most importantly though (and why I posted this in Trades and Rumours) is that the Montreal Canadiens had 5 scouts at the Nucks-Preds game. It's normal for there to be one or two. 5 though... Including Marc Bergevin himself. That's a pretty big audience from across the country to just be catching a Canucks game. Sure, maybe they were there for Nashville but Montreal needs offense and Nashville could use more. I'd lean towards they were here for the Canucks. 

OP, could you cut and paste the material/article here - in your post - so that you're not simply click-baiting for a tabloid like the Province.

CDC isn't really supposed to be used to stream people to other sites.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

What if they were there to watch Miller? :o

Good point and not feeding trolls whatsoever.

Montreal has rumours circling that they're considering shutting down Carey Price for the season if they can't scratch back into a playoff spot in the month or so before Price might able to return.

It's conceivable that they're not prepared to sacrifice the season and would consider something creative to help them.

They could plan to 'rent' Miller and flip him in the summer for example. Who knows.  Stranger things have happened.

I'm guessing Prust wouldn't be the source of that much attention.  Radim?  (maybe).

Just now, oldnews said:

Montreal has rumours circling that they're considering shutting down Carey Price for the season if they can't scratch back into a playoff spot in the month or so before Price might able to return.

It's conceivable that they're not prepared to sacrifice the season and would consider something creative to help them.

They could plan to 'rent' Miller and flip him in the summer for example. Who knows.  Stranger things have happened.

I'm guessing Prust wouldn't be the source of that much attention.  Radim?  (maybe).

Give them all those guys, and eat salary, just get Juulson in return.  Does Montreal still have that Russian kid too: Barbershop?

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Don't you think a goalie who is a ufa at seasons end would be more what Montreal is looking at?

What if they couldn't trade him? Would be disastrous and I doubt very much Bergevin takes that gamble.

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Don't you think a goalie who is a ufa at seasons end would be more what Montreal is looking at?

What if they couldn't trade him? Would be disastrous and I doubt very much Bergevin takes that gamble.

You could think that.

And then you could look at the list of pending UFA goaltenders this summer.

And then you could narrow that fairly weak group down to which might be available to rent.

And then you'd probably find yourself looking at other options.

15 hours ago, Boddy604 said:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/01/27/the-provies-the-most-dramatic-jannik-hansen-mic-drop-yet-and-the-most-controversial-pick-for-a-greatest-ever/

this article is just pretty all around great. talks about Hansen's little flip out (in case you missed it) and a rundown of the game. Most importantly though (and why I posted this in Trades and Rumours) is that the Montreal Canadiens had 5 scouts at the Nucks-Preds game. It's normal for there to be one or two. 5 though... Including Marc Bergevin himself. That's a pretty big audience from across the country to just be catching a Canucks game. Sure, maybe they were there for Nashville but Montreal needs offense and Nashville could use more. I'd lean towards they were here for the Canucks. 

With the CHL prospects game in town, their all likely just taking in a game while they're all in town. Don't read too much into it. 

Nice how it seems all Cdn franchises are reduced to shufflin' deck chairs on that famous ship. No PO's for Cdn towns, who contribute the lion's share of league rev. How many Cdn dollars precisely go to subsidizing their half-empty bldgs in sub-tropical locales?

We've had a religion stolen here. Bettman must laugh at the gullibility, as he perpetually rapes the golden goose.

& our Xmas is supposedly TDL or DD? Let's get excited over another pick or 19 yr old.

This league has become a joke.

Archived