The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Montreal is definitely interested in a Canuck

Boddy604

2 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

Kids. Youth. Young 'uns.

pedan was,nt given much of a look , the glimpse we got 1 game ,played a good game took on nolan looked inspired ,won the skate competition  they,ve brought up forwards all season long sent back down , they had a look at fedun , pedan needs a closer look.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Hansen is basically calling out the Swedes.  The Sedins and Edler have probably been the biggest culprits in "lazy" changes that have directly caused GWGs.  The twins are the leaders of the team, and do need to be accountable.  As he said, it's not a one-off thing but keeps happening.

exactly, miller would,nd have spazzed out in november and know hansen. the sedans always lead by example and let their play ,end game result speak.. other players speaking up shows not enough is being said in the locker rm.

Wow scouts have it good... Why can't they evaluate from the TV? 

They get free trips to the world's greatest city and see a hockey game to boot? What a job. 

I'm a much better judge of talent than most of those scouts. I want the job. 

18 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Montreals daniel Carr injured last night 

out 3 months with knee injury

i don't know what position or anything about the guy but there u go

Actually, he was injured on Sunday. And he was one of their best young winger prospects - really stepped up when Gallagher was out. So that, combined with their fall in the standings, really expedited their need for a replacement.

So they're back to what they needed all along - a middle-6 RW who can score. I think Vrbata is the logical target here.

1 hour ago, The-Gooch said:

If it was Vrbata they may have just lost interest. He's done a whole lot of nothing lately. :( 

Couldn't have been a worse showing by Vrbata last night..He had a poor game..IMO..I'm sure giving up a 1st for him was the last thing on their minds.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well it seems on cdc only players playing very poorly are trade bait and returns will be tremendous...

That being said, other G.Ms aren't oblivious, they know Hansen is a 3rd liner playing well with the TWINS. No other teams have these twins thus meaning g.m's wouldn't make huge offers for him.

In my opinion he is most valuable to the Canucks. 

But I totally understand the point you're making.

Imagine if we'd traded Burrows just after signing his new deal while he was still a 30 goal scoring player, people would have lost it but in hindsight the deal would be great in regards to return for us.  Now people are saying just buy him out

Hansen now poses us the same issue, do we re-sign him to a Burrows style contract and watch his production vanish or trade him for a premium?  It wasn't 2 seasons ago where he was "stone hands Hansen" and now he's all of a sudden untouchable...

Business works by selling high.  I mean if someone came knocking offering a 1st round say 16-22 placing for hansen...yes please

3 minutes ago, firestorm238 said:

I'd do Vrbata for Juulsen straight across - throw in additional draft picks if we retain salary.

I'm sure you would. But considering Bergevin JUST publically announced he won't sacrifice the teams future for a short term fix I seriously doubt Montreal makes that deal

I frankly don't care what Bergevin said publicly.... It's just propaganda.  I would say the same thing, especially after all the calls he would have received trying to take advantage of Montreal's situation.

Heads will roll if they don't make a TDL deal and miss the playoffs.  At least if he makes a trade or two the firebat will be on the players and coaching staff if they miss the playoffs.

I think people are seriously missing something here.

Montreal went something like 20 and 3 to start the season or some such craziness.  They are now all but out of the playoffs.  They just lost a home and home to the frigging jackets.

Anyone who doesn't think that almost anyone outside of Montreal's biggest names isn't available isn't paying attention

17 minutes ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

I frankly don't care what Bergevin said publicly.... It's just propaganda.  I would say the same thing, especially after all the calls he would have received trying to take advantage of Montreal's situation.

Heads will roll if they don't make a TDL deal and miss playoffs.  At least if he makes a trade or two the firebat will be on the players and coaching staff if they miss the playoffs.

He has a pretty solid excuse to fall back on if they miss the playoffs. Price has only played 12 games this year and they've had a completely untested rookie as their starter for most of the season. He tried to address the situation bringing in Scrivens but that hasn't helped. They currently have a 28% chance of making the playoffs and have been the NHL's worst team since Price's injury.  

You may think it's propaganda but the bottom line is he's signed long term as the clubs GM.  I don't think his job is in any jeopardy because of tbe devastating injuries they've had. He's just as likely to accept this isn't their year and reload for next season with a healthy core 

Archived