The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Montreal is definitely interested in a Canuck

Boddy604

48 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't see any scenario in which Hansen is trade bait.

What would make you think that? I can't see any takers on burrows..... Vrbata comes with a big price tag and probably requires cap coming back.  Hansen is having a career year and can slide up and down any line.  That is gold for any playoff bound team and we have a logjam of forwards.

if he nets us a good d-prospect and/or picks it would be a great hockey trade.

I don't get how people think we can always just trade our scraps.... If we don't want them, why would anyone else?

7 hours ago, Boddy604 said:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/01/27/the-provies-the-most-dramatic-jannik-hansen-mic-drop-yet-and-the-most-controversial-pick-for-a-greatest-ever/

this article is just pretty all around great. talks about Hansen's little flip out (in case you missed it) and a rundown of the game. Most importantly though (and why I posted this in Trades and Rumours) is that the Montreal Canadiens had 5 scouts at the Nucks-Preds game. It's normal for there to be one or two. 5 though... Including Marc Bergevin himself. That's a pretty big audience from across the country to just be catching a Canucks game. Sure, maybe they were there for Nashville but Montreal needs offense and Nashville could use more. I'd lean towards they were here for the Canucks. 

There are supposed to be around 100 scouts in town for the Top Prospects game tomorrow night..could be one reason there were so many at the game.

Why do people not think Hansen is trade bait?

Ohhh he's having a great productive year. great.  Except that he's not a top 6 player on any other team in the league.  he's an elite 3rd line player, capable of filling in top 6 duties.  he's Burrows 3 years ago.

Burrows whom we should have traded for a major return.  

Hansen was drafted in the 9th round, 287th overall!  Take thet wins away he's a 30+ point player solid PK in his best years.

He's worth a 1st + right now.  As such right now is the time to trade him if people are starting to make major offers on him.

Because even though we all love the honey badger, he's the exact kind of success story you cash in on, much like we should have done with Klatt, Cowan, Burrows, Carter and however many before that played with the twins and had their value hyper inflated.

And before you chime in with the "he's a great role model/leader" for the kids.  Stop.  Yes his hard work and amazing on ice work ethic is a treat to watch, if someone offers up a premium for a career 3rd line player you take it.

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Why do people not think Hansen is trade bait?

Ohhh he's having a great productive year. great.  Except that he's not a top 6 player on any other team in the league.  he's an elite 3rd line player, capable of filling in top 6 duties.  he's Burrows 3 years ago.

Burrows whom we should have traded for a major return.  

Hansen was drafted in the 9th round, 287th overall!  Take thet wins away he's a 30+ point player solid PK in his best years.

He's worth a 1st + right now.  As such right now is the time to trade him if people are starting to make major offers on him.

Because even though we all love the honey badger, he's the exact kind of success story you cash in on, much like we should have done with Klatt, Cowan, Burrows, Carter and however many before that played with the twins and had their value hyper inflated.

And before you chime in with the "he's a great role model/leader" for the kids.  Stop.  Yes his hard work and amazing on ice work ethic is a treat to watch, if someone offers up a premium for a career 3rd line player you take it.

Well it seems on cdc only players playing very poorly are trade bait and returns will be tremendous...

That being said, other G.Ms aren't oblivious, they know Hansen is a 3rd liner playing well with the TWINS. No other teams have these twins thus meaning g.m's wouldn't make huge offers for him.

In my opinion he is most valuable to the Canucks. 

But I totally understand the point you're making.

Nobody is ever untradeable, as there is always a value to every player and eventually a premium can make a move feasible.  Trading Hansen doesn't make any sense outside of that though, as he is one of the few vets that the Canucks should look at keeping.  He's a faster and more physical version of Higgins, with better offensive upside who can play on any line.

17 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Hansen is basically calling out the Swedes.  The Sedins and Edler have probably been the biggest culprits in "lazy" changes that have directly caused GWGs.  The twins are the leaders of the team, and do need to be accountable.  As he said, it's not a one-off thing but keeps happening.

Vrbata too. That dump was pathetic. It's been the vets making these changes every time too. I remember in OT against Tampa, puck went up to Killorn who got a break away because Henrik went to the bench instead of covering him when Tampa had the puck. We just two in a row because of similar plays. This is not excusable. Both games were very winnable too, but lazy plays cost us. Good on Hansen for calling the team out. 

51 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Kids. Youth. Young 'uns.

I don't see JB sacrificing Utica to gut the canucks.  If he moves Vrabata, Hamhuis, Prust etc, I think there will be at least 1-2 young roster players coming back to fill positions so he can leave Utica largely untouched.

11 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

well if they thought they may be interested in Edler, last night probably cured that.

until that play, which wasn't as much his fault as many want to think, he was actually having a pretty strong shutdown game.

4 hours ago, Canorth said:

Maybe they need some solid veteran goaltending since it doesn't look like Price is coming back anytime soon.If they can find someone with experience to stabilize the back end, they could be back in it. Deal with the "controversy" in the summer when Price has healed up

Vrbata + Miller for Scrivens and....?

I'm sure Montreal is desperate enough to go after Vrbata and Burrows.... why not make a package to shake things up for both teams? We'll take Eller and Petry from them... but they must also take Weber! Sounds like a fair deal... and most importantly for us, we gotta save a bit of $ and create another roster spot for our youth movement!

Archived