The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brandon Prust Clears Waivers

canucks411

Just now, D-Money said:

Actually, he wasn't even the best player drafted in the 5th round that year (Klingberg).

But other than them and Ferland, the other 27 players drafted in the round don't have 7 points. About 2/3 of them have never even suited up... ...Just sayin'.

But the Canucks always draft one of the best three players in each round. Haven't you followed their drafting record?

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

poor asset management from Benning. don't get me wrong. I like Benning and for the most part his moved that he's made. but getting Prust and then possibly losing him for nothing doesn't help this club. I know that it takes two to dance. meaning Benning needed another GM who was interested in Prust. but still. can't help but think we lose Prust for absolutely nothing. all we've gained from that trade with Montreal is...well. nothing. they get a fifth from us. cause they traded kass away as well. hmm. 

A fifth round draft pick for getting rid of a player who doesn't have a future with the club. Had off ice issues that management managed to move to another club. The fifth rounder was basically compensation for please take this problem off our hands. Prust helped trade the salaries. I think it was a fifth round well spent.

Just now, gforce31 said:

It should say something about Prust, that (and I'm assuming here) Pitts did not want to trade for him and instead opted to sign Tom Sestito...

Prust. ...2,500,000 1 way contact

Tostito...575,000 2 way contract (probably 200,000 in the ahl)

That's 1,925,000 reasons to a team without cap space

Oh well good riddence Prust what could have been is just has been.

As for Hump year the moves have just started the tumbling all the moves JB makes from here on in will be scrutinized very closely from TDL an Draft day this year.

If JB can continue to weed out dead wood that initself is a minor victory or moral I suppose thats the key the moral of the story in with the good out with the bad mojo.

It has started looking for christmas bonus on TDL day as he sells sells no more rags back but picks picks picks!

Just now, gforce31 said:

It should say something about Prust, that (and I'm assuming here) Pitts did not want to trade for him and instead opted to sign Tom Sestito...

Prust. ...2,500,000 1 way contact

Tostito...575,000 2 way contract (probably 200,000 in the ahl)

That's 1,925,000 reasons to a team without cap space

1 minute ago, Jock Cousteau said:

Personally I would rather have a GM who is not afraid to take chances and make trades, and take it on the chin when it doesn't work out, and keep trying until you've built the team the way you want it. Exciting times ahead!

"Bold moves on moving targets in a changing landscape"

32 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kassian had zero value and still has little to no value.

We traded a 5th for nothing. You usually don't get much for a 5th round pick anyways.

We got half a season of Prust, it's not the end of the world.

Glad your not a GM, how many great defensemen have come in the 5th round. Much better to have one for a chance to pick a dark horse than not, don't ya think?

8 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Actually, he wasn't even the best player drafted in the 5th round that year (Klingberg).

But other than them and Ferland, the other 27 players drafted in the round don't have 7 points. About 2/3 of them have never even suited up... ...Just sayin'.

I get your point, the odds are not in Montreal's favour. There is exceptions. But I guess Gallagher makes up for Tinordi. :)

1 minute ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Glad your not a GM, how many great defensemen have come in the 5th round. Much better to have one for a chance to pick a dark horse than not, don't ya think?

5th round picks can be lost and regained just as easily. It's really nothing to stress over.

We need to start hitting home runs in the 2nd to 4th round before we start worrying about getting dark horses in the 5th. The odds of a 5th rounder being an impact player are so low anyways. 

11 minutes ago, smokes said:

A fifth round draft pick for getting rid of a player who doesn't have a future with the club. Had off ice issues that management managed to move to another club. The fifth rounder was basically compensation for please take this problem off our hands. Prust helped trade the salaries. I think it was a fifth round well spent.

On the other hand, JB could have just demoted Kassian to the farm and saved the 5th round pick..... just saying

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I get your point, the odds are not in Montreal's favour. There is exceptions. But I guess Gallagher makes up for Tinordi. :)

Tinordi was the guy who Gillis wanted to take with our first round pick, we traded it in the ballard deal after he went to the Habs before us.

2 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

On the other hand, JB could have just demoted Kassian to the farm and saved the 5th round pick..... just saying

Yes because putting a player with his off ice issues in the farm team will set a great example for our prospects.

Archived