The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brandon Prust Clears Waivers

canucks411

13 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

More what and how?  As if you even know all they did?  Smyl said they all tried to work with him, and Benning offered him around the league, and there were NO TAKERS.  What is so difficult to understand?

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are also making it contrary to reality and thus on nothing but superstition.  If you didn't like "clownish", would you have preferred "speaking out of willful ignorance"?

I prefer leaving personal adjectives out of opinions on forums. It adds nothing, and is an attempt to elicit an emotional response.  I don't care for it, so if you want to continue communicating with me, show respect.

As I stated earlier, I don't know the particulars, but I like Kassian and I think more could have been done.  You haven't swayed me from that opinion.

At the very least, I have to respect Benning for being willing to do this. I would assume he's inquired around to check interest and obviously he didn't get a bite.

As far as the trade goes, if this is the worst trade Benning has done, then that's actually a good thing. Kassian wasn't helping us, a late round pick has only a slim chance of helping us, Prust as a rental helped us a bit in his time here which is inevitably expired. That's not much of a trade at all to be considered good or bad.....

1 minute ago, hookshott said:

More like another example of a terrible trade by Benning....Kassian and a 5th....for nothing...and we are still paying his salary!

Oh my god!!!!!!! This will surely bankrupt the organization. The draft and impending free agency ruined!!! Heaven forefend!!!

Just now, hookshott said:

More like another example of a terrible trade by Benning....Kassian and a 5th....for nothing...and we are still paying his salary!

Kassian had zero value and still has little to no value.

We traded a 5th for nothing. You usually don't get much for a 5th round pick anyways.

We got half a season of Prust, it's not the end of the world.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And he was supposed to be an Assistant General Manager with no opinion? How would that have served him?

Chiarelli: What do you think we should do with Tyler, Jim?

Benning: silence

Chiarelli: Jim? What do you think? Tyler Seguin. Is he worth keeping around?

Benning: Well.....I.....uh......don't want to make any rash statements that may lead you to....believe that I have an opinion.....

Chiarelli: Get the hell out of my office!!!

I laughed out loud

3 minutes ago, hookshott said:

Good morning and welcome to the party now go read the other nine pages and you can realize how silly that sounds

3 minutes ago, hookshott said:

Good morning and welcome to the party now go read the other nine pages and you can realize how silly that sounds

Meh...you win some, you lose some. You have to step up to the plate and swing to get a hit. 

IMO, this just signals that we are ahead of the predicted schedule to retool our forward ranks with youth. A year ago we didn't have Etem or Baertschi and didn't know what to expect from Virts or McCann. 

It likely, and simply, comes down to this...we want to maintain the youth initiative and Vey fits in that thrust and asset base better since his recall. 

Not much to get bent out of shape about. 

3 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I prefer leaving personal adjectives out of opinions on forums. It adds nothing, and is an attempt to elicit an emotional response.  I don't care for it, so if you want to continue communicating with me, show respect.

As I stated earlier, I don't know the particulars, but I like Kassian and I think more could have been done.  You haven't swayed me from that opinion.

I liked Kassian as well, and was one of his defenders a year ago when a certain subgroup here was rabidly attacking him.  But to say "more could have been done" is not just an opinion but one that flies contrary all available evidence and thus attacks the character and credibility of people who DID do what they could, and by all accounts went above and beyond.  That is the problem.

Archived