The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brandon Prust Clears Waivers

canucks411

1 minute ago, Tavrohorvat53 said:

Gotta say it's a breath of fresh air to have management that is not afraid to make difficult decisions just to save face. 

AWESOME JOB MR.BENNING. LOVE WHAT YOUVE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DO WITH THIS TEAM. 

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! 

Thumbs up if you agree! :towel:

image.jpeg

In B4 the "In Benning we trust to thrust Prust to the dust"

2 minutes ago, Zedlee said:

Nope. But have we won any trades yet?  

Benning was the guy who pushed to trade Sequin out of Boston....that looks pretty bad now.  

First of all its pretty hard to judge who won a trade within a year or so.

Saying that it looks like we are winning/will win the....

-Kesler trade

-baertshi trade

-etem trade

-Sutter trade

16 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Lol this guys a treat! 

Desiboy re-incarnated.. Last chance and then I file you in the "I just don't get it crowd"

Not once in prudes career has he done anything like he's done lately.  Speaking to his lack of character.  Who has ultimate control of that? Benning.. No the player does.. So if you want to continue to cry about something, start nagging about Prusts lack of intensity.

Since we are "breaking things down"

Prust is brought in as a character guy and role player.  Does this all the way up till his injury as one of the Canucks leading scorers, and PIM leaders playing on a 4th line where Mcann is on fire as a rookie.    *** now this sounds like Benning did his job.

Prust suffers a High ankle sprain Mcann goes cold .  And when Prust finally does come back he is fragile mentally and lacking a step.  *** well the injury sure isn't Bennings fault!  And Prusts injury is one of the hardest for a player to come back from. Again NOT BENNINGS FAULT!

there is no market for a guy who is coming off said injury 4 weeks prior to deadline.. Do you see the trend here..

As far as the comments and Prusts attitude since the injury.. Only he can control that.. Oh wait.. Willie D and Benning did the rot thing again by setting an example and creating a positive work environment where the best players will play..

Yeah.. Benning sucks 

Wrong.

prust didn't play with character till his injury.

anaheim game 

"kids gotta stick for themselves"

bobby fahrnam tweet and ensuing no show.

prust was a fail.

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

-Kesler trade

-baertshi trade

-etem trade

-Sutter trade

Hartford won the Etem trade.

15 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Hockey is a business first, mental support center second. Kassian was harming the team's morale and doing nothing useful on the ice - therefore he was traded.

The Canucks have supported mental illness awareness and charities for a long time - to say they don't do enough is ridiculous. They aren't there to hold AA meetings, they're there to win hockey games - Kassian wasn't helping do that so he got booted.

Where did I say that.  I said I don't know the particulars and I think they could have done more with Zack.  It's an opinion on a forum.  I've never said they don't do enough.  I am proud of the Canucks for what they do.

12 minutes ago, yoshiyoshi said:

i still think the best thing for him was getting him out of vancouver. the car accident was a blessing in disguise and hopefully will be enough to shake him up and get him to deal with his issues in a more positive way.

You may be right. 

7 minutes ago, Zedlee said:

Nope. But have we won any trades yet?  

Benning was the guy who pushed to trade Sequin out of Boston....that looks pretty bad now.  

There's an ex-player, now GM in Tampa who is dealing with a player named Drouin, who is being forced to trade him. How is that Yzerman's fault? Maybe sometimes the players are too young and their ego's are getting in the way of development. The trade didn't work out for Boston. But it gave Sequin a wake up call. 

55 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

We could have gotten atleast a pick for Prust..  JB doesn't know how to manage assets worth ****

you really think JB just put him on waivers without asking any other GM if they were interested?  Just like Higgins, JB probably begged every team to take him for a bag of pucks and nobody dared to

20 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Kassian for Prust and a 5th is a bad trade in spite of any issues Kassian had. Prust's cap hit alone made it a bad trade let alone the fact it was obvious he didn't want to be here, protect the kids as he was sold on us by Benning, or display any character and leadership (I better play coach!!!!).

Benning has done some decent trades but this one was a mistake all the way around. Maybe Kassian never would have smartened up without being traded but the return was brutal.

That is just honest assessment and not even hindsight. It was obvious at the time too.

The alternative was to buy Kassian out, as they didn't want him in the minors either.  We can debate the merits of that now in hindsight, but would that have been the best move at the time?

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Note the lack of a response from Zedlee. If some of these posters could they'd try to link Benning's ancestry to John Wilkes Booth or Hitler.

Well it is odd we never saw all three together.

Just now, CeeBee51 said:

So by that reasoning we can blame Gilman for the Prust trade and waivers?

My point is that Benning's trade record is underwhelming to this point and it concerns me that he appears to have been very wrong about Seguin.  

7 minutes ago, coryberg said:

-Kesler trade

-baertshi trade

-etem trade

-Sutter trade

Exactly, there is a difference in winning a trade and fleecing others GMs.

JB has not pulled a Erhoff vs White deal, but made several hockey traade

3 minutes ago, Zedlee said:

Assistant GM and a very opinionated one at that, when it came down to discussing the merits of Seguin.  

And he was supposed to be an Assistant General Manager with no opinion? How would that have served him?

Chiarelli: What do you think we should do with Tyler, Jim?

Benning: silence

Chiarelli: Jim? What do you think? Tyler Seguin. Is he worth keeping around?

Benning: Well.....I.....uh......don't want to make any rash statements that may lead you to....believe that I have an opinion.....

Chiarelli: Get the hell out of my office!!!

Archived