The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] The Return of Hamhuis - Flames @ Canucks, Sat Feb 6th 2016, CBC

Salter

5 minutes ago, McHortanen said:

Id like to see a little line juggling. Coming up to TD we need to max out Vrbatas trade value. But the biggest change will be my 2nd line and it suits my username quite well ;) and potentially a very scary line to defend. Here it goes.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

McCann Horvat Virtanen

Baertschi Sutter Hansen

Burrows Vey Etem

Looks pretty solid to me. Hansen will obviously go back to Sedin line as soon as Vrbata is gone but we need to get Vrbatman some goals so other teams will see he didnt really lose his sniping ability. You could swap Virtanen and Hansen, to me that would probably be the better way but my 2nd line matches my username :)

Split Bo and Baer?! Get outta here and don't come back!

4 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

Split Bo and Baer?! Get outta here and don't come back!

I knew someone would rip me for that lol. In all fairness i deserve it. But McCann is better suited as a winger right now and this line could be deadly. What effect it would have on Baertschi is the big problem with this, but he will have Sutter and Hansen. Id try it out for a game anyway and if it didnt work i think id go with

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Hansen

McCann Sutter Virtanen

Burrows Vey Etem

3 minutes ago, McHortanen said:

I knew someone would rip me for that lol. In all fairness i deserve it. But McCann is better suited as a winger right now and this line could be deadly. What effect it would have on Baertschi is the big problem with this, but he will have Sutter and Hansen. Id try it out for a game anyway and if it didnt work i think id go with

No.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

No.

You dont think? I find hes too weak at draws in the few games ive watched this year and seem smallish. I could be wrong but to me i think id have him on the wing and have Horvat work with him all year to improve his faceoffs for next year. Sounds like hes hitting the wieghts now to so that should help a lot. Hes got great talent no doubt about it. Just have to work on his strength and FOs

52 minutes ago, lolwut? said:

Hamhuis is back?

Calvary takes this game. Glad that Hammer is healthy after his terrible injury, but on the ice he's been brutal this season.

We just lost, on home ice, to the worst team in the league. Calgary is not a goof team, but neither are we. 

Sorry boys, predicting another loss. Time to tank I guess!

Calvary is not that goof of a team

53 minutes ago, McHortanen said:

You dont think? I find hes too weak at draws in the few games ive watched this year and seem smallish. I could be wrong but to me i think id have him on the wing and have Horvat work with him all year to improve his faceoffs for next year. Sounds like hes hitting the wieghts now to so that should help a lot. Hes got great talent no doubt about it. Just have to work on his strength and FOs

He's destined to be a C, as Willie admitted after they tried him at wing in the pre-season.  Not to say he can't play there, but his game is better-suited to the middle.  He'll certainly gain strength and improve in FO ability as he matures.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

He's destined to be a C, as Willie admitted after they tried him at wing in the pre-season.  Not to say he can't play there, but his game is better-suited to the middle.  He'll certainly gain strength and improve in FO ability as he matures.

As he (McCann) matures in Utica?  I think he's there - with Virtanen - next season.  

2 hours ago, PLOGUE said:

I hope we lose an entertaining game.  I want Matthews in a Canucks jersey next year between Virtanen and Lucic. 

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Lucic-Matthews-Virtanen 

Baertchi-Horvat-McCaan

Dorsett-Sutter-Etem

Or Laine in place of Matthews, if drafting lower in the order.  It works almost as well.  But yes, entertaining loss, with us out-chancing them, but somehow not getting the points.  (Much like the last 3 games, btw!!)  The tank is on.

1 hour ago, McHortanen said:

That's because he is smallish, he played his way onto the team this year when he was supposed to play another year in junior.  He'll grow into the role.  I think your idea to move him while he's learning is valid, but don't you think he'll learn a lot more playing the position he'll ultimately end up in?  Playing wing is a lot different than center.

Archived