The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lucic plans to "remain a King" for rest of career

11 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

So either Sutter or Horvat is our 4th line centre? Hmmm..

And in what world is Virtanen a 1st line winger? Maybe in Utica...

On a side note...what's with this Alf is cute stuff and all this 1st person talking? It's slightly odd...

A third person narration makes logical sense considering, we are all not really who we say we are on CDC.  (except for me, of course:lol:)

Sutter will play wing with the Twins on line 2.  Horvat will be our number 3 center.  Alf is not odd; he's unique.

1 hour ago, WestCoastDave said:

I hope we could sign Lucic, but it would have to make sense.  Anyone have an idea what kind of deal he is looking for and what do you think he will get on the open market?

I'd imagine $6m+ X 6-7 years.

AKA :sick:...no thanks.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

A third person narration makes logical sense considering, we are all not really who we say we are on CDC.  (except for me, of course:lol:)

Sutter will play wing with the Twins on line 2.  Horvat will be our number 3 center.  Alf is not odd; he's unique.

I asked because you had Hansen as the Sedin's winger in your previous comment. I would be hesitant to change that line unless Hansen was traded of course, then Sutter would be the next logical choice. Personally, I don't see that happening though.

Err yes, I meant 3rd person, not 1st. I think you're complicating this whole forum member thing though. If we're looking at a pie chart, I'd say 98% of the pie consists of your every day Canuck fans just that comes here to talk hockey. The other 2% consists of trolls from other boards. Either way, I don't think anyone is talking about their personal life on here...nor should they.

22 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I asked because you had Hansen as the Sedin's winger in your previous comment. I would be hesitant to change that line unless Hansen was traded of course, then Sutter would be the next logical choice. Personally, I don't see that happening though.

Err yes, I meant 3rd person, not 1st. I think you're complicating this whole forum member thing though. If we're looking at a pie chart, I'd say 98% of the pie consists of your every day Canuck fans just that comes here to talk hockey. The other 2% consists of trolls from other boards. Either way, I don't think anyone is talking about their personal life on here...nor should they.

So you are saying this forum is to talk hockey, which is entertainment.  We are entertaining ourselves by discussing hockey.  Alf is having fun.  Alf enjoys hockey as a form of entertainment.  On Melmac the only sport we had was the classic "cat in the pot".  :lol:

18 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This could very well be the reason the rumour of "buy-out" is close to burrows now. . . extra Capspace to make a qualifying offer to Milan  Lucic ...   and still have the room to offer Stamkos the max.

i have a question for anybody here... If Burrows is "bought out" of his contract,.. Can we immediately offer him another? 

... What I am implying is , if we clear him of the 5m ,. can we re-sign him at say, 2.5m ?  Does a possibility exist for Burrows to gain his 5m next season (2.5 buy-out & 2.5 new contract), yet only show a 2.5 cap hit.   

I do not know the rules regarding buy-outs,. and my reasoning here is purely hypothetical. 

If Benning is stupid enough to buy out a guy like Burr who gave his all for the team, and waste capspace for more than one year, while using the short-term savings to bring in a character issue like Lucic, he'll officially be Keenan 2.0 here.  At least Keenan got something for Linden instead of wasting capspace for more years than necessary.

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If Benning is stupid enough to buy out a guy like Burr who gave his all for the team, and waste capspace for more than one year, while using the short-term savings to bring in a character issue like Lucic, he'll officially be Keenan 2.0 here.  At least Keenan got something for Linden instead of wasting capspace for more years than necessary.

Now Okposo on the other hand...

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm confident he won't be bought out. Burr still has enough value to get a mid-late round pick. 

8 hours ago, timberz21 said:

French is my 1st language but....doesn't a slump, by definition, requires a drop in production???

In his defence horvat did have a slow start to the season so you can say he had a first half sophomore slump, but yeah I'm pretty sure that was a solid second season expectations met in my eyes 

I'm still vehemently against signing Lucic unless it's for 3 million for 2 years. I don't care if that's a lowball offer. Don't like it? Don't take it. You aren't that good and you probably won't remain even that mediocre for much beyond your 30's.

I'd rather keep Hansen who can score 17-20+ goals, and who can also rip it up on the PK, and is less money than Lucic is likely looking for.

21 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

In his defence horvat did have a slow start to the season so you can say he had a first half sophomore slump, but yeah I'm pretty sure that was a solid second season expectations met in my eyes 

As far as I remember he only had a slow start on the scoreboard. He didn't get pucks bouncing his way, and I'll be damned if I can remember who his linemates were, but I think there was a fair amount of juggling there as well, especially when injuries kicked in. He still played hard defensively, didn't look lost on the ice, and wasn't out of shape or anything of that sort. 

In short, he was doing all the right things, those same things just didn't materialize into points until later on. I'd only call his season a slump if he wasn't doing anything right and looked out of place. 

I'm about to contradict myself slightly, but he did find another level of confidence around January that really made him stand out, much like he did in his rookie year. I hope he can figure out how to do that from month 1 next year or the year after.

22 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I'm still vehemently against signing Lucic unless it's for 3 million for 2 years. I don't care if that's a lowball offer. Don't like it? Don't take it. You aren't that good and you probably won't remain even that mediocre for much beyond your 30's.

I wouldn't even offer that.  There's no telling what kind of damage letting that piece of garbage near our kids could do.  I don't want them to think that his antics are remotely acceptable.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Half of his cap for 2 seasons.

2.25M over 2 seasons.

It doesn't work that way in fact.  It's the cap hit less the buyout savings.  Buyout savings being salary less 2/3rd of his remaining salary spread over twice the remaining length of his contract.

It would be 2.5M in 2016/17 and 1M in 2017/18.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

It doesn't work that way in fact.  It's the cap hit less the buyout savings.  Buyout savings being salary less 2/3rd of his remaining salary spread over twice the remaining length of his contract.

It would be 2.5M in 2016/17 and 1M in 2017/18.

Was it always like that or was this a recent change?

Archived