The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Valeri Nichuskin

Boddy604

11 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Or we squire the best prospects/young players available and trade done from one area to fill another. 

That was Ruperts point. It only matters that we accumulate players who can become core players or canbe used to acquire core players. We are not so deep at forward prospects that we don't take a stab at a guy like Nichushkin if he is available and the price makes sense.

Then the next question becomes: Is Nichuskin worth it? I honestly don't know right now. I'm sure a number of teams will try to get him, so the price probably won't be cheap in the end.

I would rather just look for a defenceman prospect if people are talking about trading Tanev or Hamhuis. That way, we trade experience for potential, without hurting our defensive depth. 

19 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Realistically, they would probably do Hutton for Nichushkin. But then we lose Hutton who is like the only NHL ready D prospect we have. Unless JB thinks Tryamkin or Pedan can replace Hutton almost immediately.

No thanks, I'd rather keep Hutton.

This kids gonna be a very good player for a very long time, could be our 1C in 3 or 4 years, the player we've never had. 

Dmen take time to develop, For Hutton to be this good at 22 years is amazing, you don't trade a kid like that. 

Tryamkin and Pedan are different players than Hutton. Different game. Pedan would be lucky to make it as a 3rd pair D in the NHL. 

7 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Wait, why are we weak on RW? We have Hansen on the top line, Vrbata here short term, but also Virtanen, Etem, Boeser, Grenier and Jasek coming up. I agree he could fit now (maybe with a Shink, McCann, Nichushkin line) but it's not like we have a massive gap their either with what we have coming in the next couple years.

In any event, the cost will be more than we want to give, even with his value a little on the lower side right now.

That's a pretty weak RW. Hansen shouldn't be on the top line, he should be on the 3rd line or at best the 2nd line.

Etem, Grenier are bottom 6 players. Boeser is years away from being a top 6 NHL'er, like 3 or 4 years away if we're lucky and everything works out the best it can.

So yeah, we're pretty weak on RW.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

That's a pretty weak RW. Hansen shouldn't be on the top line, he should be on the 3rd line or at best the 2nd line.

Etem, Grenier are bottom 6 players. Boeser is years away from being a top 6 NHL'er, like 3 or 4 years away if we're lucky and everything works out the best it can.

So yeah, we're pretty weak on RW.

And yet Hansen is matching well with the Sedins while they're still playing, and certainly it doesn't seem suited to Nichushkin's style of play. Beyond that Virtanen and Etem do round out a reasonable top 9 even without Vrbata, and future additions of Boeser and Grenier don't leave a lot of room for Nichushkin.

If Nichushkin struggles for a year or two  - particularly without Seguin and Benn to play with -  then what upgrade is he really over anything we already have? Granted, we don't have an existing elite top 6 winger currently, but we wouldn't if we added Nichushkin either.

25 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

And yet Hansen is matching well with the Sedins while they're still playing, and certainly it doesn't seem suited to Nichushkin's style of play. Beyond that Virtanen and Etem do round out a reasonable top 9 even without Vrbata, and future additions of Boeser and Grenier don't leave a lot of room for Nichushkin.

If Nichushkin struggles for a year or two  - particularly without Seguin and Benn to play with -  then what upgrade is he really over anything we already have? Granted, we don't have an existing elite top 6 winger currently, but we wouldn't if we added Nichushkin either.

Have you seen the standings lately? The reason we are where we are in the standings is because our roster is not good enough. 

We need massive improvements to the roster. Grenier has done exactly what? Vrbata is UFA and probably gone at the tdl. Etem is a barely sticking in the NHL. Boeser is a rookie in college, lol, not AHL but college, a rookie. lol Many years away from even being on the Canucks let alone be a top 6 player. 

Leafs have 4 RW playing too, so do the Capitals, See the difference? 

I don't care if we trade for this russian kid, we probably won't cause we don't have what it'll cost. But to say we don't need improvement on our RW is uninformed at the very least.

We need massive improvements all over the roster. Even teams in 1st place try to improve their roster. 

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Have you seen the standings lately? The reason we are where we are in the standings is because our roster is not good enough. 

We need massive improvements to the roster. Grenier has done exactly what? Vrbata is UFA and probably gone at the tdl. Etem is a barely sticking in the NHL. Boeser is a rookie in college, lol, not AHL but college, a rookie. lol Many years away from even being on the Canucks let alone be a top 6 player. 

Leafs have 4 RW playing too, so do the Capitals, See the difference? 

I don't care if we trade for this russian kid, we probably won't cause we don't have what it'll cost. But to say we don't need improvement on our RW is uninformed at the very least.

We need massive improvements all over the roster. Even teams in 1st place try to improve their roster. 

This

19 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Edler 1-1

Tanev + 2nd and 4th

Hamhuis +2nd and 5th

Get it done!!!!!!!

For who? For a guy coming off significant injury who scored 6 goals in 60 games.  He's hardly worth a hamhuis rental. 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

What would it take to get Nichushkin and Honka from Dallas? Edler would probably have to be a main piece going back I would think. 

ppl wont like it but probably hansen is what they would want. 2 way reliable rw and they would want the help now not a future asset.

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

ppl wont like it but probably hansen is what they would want. 2 way reliable rw and they would want the help now not a future asset.

Given their team makeup, Hansen and Hamhuis both fit really well and could push them over the top in playoff competitiveness. 

If they lose Goligiski, Edler would be a good replacement. But Hamhuis signed could also be a great fit there.

Hansen, Hamhuis for Nuchushkin, Honka, and their 1st round pick? It would certainly be a risk for both sides. But value-wise does that seem realistic?

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Given their team makeup, Hansen and Hamhuis both fit really well and could push them over the top in playoff competitiveness. 

If they lose Goligiski, Edler would be a good replacement. But Hamhuis signed could also be a great fit there.

Hansen, Hamhuis for Nuchushkin, Honka, and their 1st round pick? It would certainly be a risk for both sides. But value-wise does that seem realistic?

I think they want Edler, he is younger. They may look to sign hamhuis as a FA maybe. even if you swap Edler in your proposal I dont think you get both players and a 1st. Would be a nice haul if we did tho

I really think people are dismissing NUkes potential, guy is 20 only and likely needs a year of health to gain his form. Big winger with speed and the size we need. he has that extra arm length to protect the puck. 

12 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I think they want Edler, he is younger. They may look to sign hamhuis as a FA maybe. even if you swap Edler in your proposal I dont think you get both players and a 1st. Would be a nice haul if we did tho

I really think people are dismissing NUkes potential, guy is 20 only and likely needs a year of health to gain his form. Big winger with speed and the size we need. he has that extra arm length to protect the puck. 

Ya that might be a bit much value wise

Archived