The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Valeri Nichuskin

Boddy604

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

This.

B-b-but Tanev covers for all of Edler's constant brain farts and is Jebus on skates! :rolleyes:

That said, I wouldn't move Tanev for VN either.

the only thing that would stop me is the lack of d depth.  Beyond that, I think it's a fair deal.  tanev is vastly overrated here, imo.

I should chime in, people who keep saying Bowey for Hamhuis (and yes I believe we could add to Hamhuis and obtain bowey still just not a 1-1 trade)

Recognize that With Washington's russian connection, Bowey for Nicushkin makes a ton of sense, just not experienced enough to sway Nill I think

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Why are people suggesting we should trade a defenceman for a forward? We already have enough depth up front, and not enough depth on the blueline. Our need is a defenceman, not a forward.

It's not often a 20 year old top 5 pick potentially becomes available. If you could get him for something like Hamhuis + Grenier + a 2nd, you take that deal and run. Fast. Then resign Hamhuis back next season.

Trade Tanev?  Yikes.  He is 26 years old with his prime years just ahead of him.  Plays big mins, and is by far the Canucks most steady and dependable dman.  Guy is fearless at blocking shots.  Isn't he exactly the type of player every D group needs?  Canucks need another guy just like him (tho Hutton has the potential I think)!

1 minute ago, Boddy604 said:

It's not often a 20 year old top 5 pick potentially becomes available. If you could get him for something like Hamhuis + Grenier + a 2nd, you take that deal and run. Fast. Then resign Hamhuis back next season.

He was drafted 10 th 

Just now, stawns said:

the only thing that would stop me is the lack of d depth.  Beyond that, I think it's a fair deal.  tanev is vastly overrated here, imo.

Didn't say it wasn't fair but a RW isn't a huge organizational need at the moment. D depth is. 

Tanev for VN is a largely lateral move that doesn't address anything we need. No thanks.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's actually vastly UNDER-rated. It seems fans only look at points. They forget the prime job of a defence man is to DEFEND. Tanev given his build does an outstanding job defending. Pairing with Hutton is a great mix. If anything Edler is over-rated. He's probably enough to drive a coach mental. One minute he defends and scores. The next minute he's sleepy Edler who blows assignments and can't get the puck out of the zone. If he was the Edler of the LA playoffs wiping out Doughty he'd be legendary. His lack of consistency is the problem. 

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Why are people suggesting we should trade a defenceman for a forward? We already have enough depth up front, and not enough depth on the blueline. Our need is a defenceman, not a forward.

Fair point but the REAL need on our team is talented young players who can either step in and become part of the young core or be used as a trading chip to get a comparable piece to fill a need. It is never a bad thing to accumulate assets IF the price fits with what you can afford to give.

Nichushkin to Anaheim for one of their young D. Vatanen, Lindholm, Fowler? I could maybe see this type of deal happening.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Fair point but the REAL need on our team is talented young players who can either step in and become part of the young core or be used as a trading chip to get a comparable piece to fill a need. It is never a bad thing to accumulate assets IF the price fits with what you can afford to give.

Nichushkin to Anaheim for one of their young D. Vatanen, Lindholm, Fowler? I could maybe see this type of deal happening.

That makes as much sense as to washington maybe more.  Washington needs D more than scoring but Anaheim for whatever reason cant score to save their lives.

Archived