The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

12 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Will everyone who supported him call for his head if he gets fleeced or does t make any trade?

No. 

I've never called for the dismissal of someone who wasn't a public servant or unless I owned shares. 

Because that's kinda just ridiculous to do. 

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

Hamhuis is an upgrade over everything they have even if he played the worst hockey of his life. 

The question I ask is where are the other teams? Are the other contending teams not interested in Hamhuis? I don't blame them but letting Hamhuis become a hawk makes their job significantly more challenging come playoff time. 

surprised dallas and LA are not going more balls deep into this

After reading some of the offers I say screw the hawks. Trade Hammer and vrbata to TB STevie can get hammer to resign. they have a lot of respect for each other. We also take back carl, and retain on both. I grow tired of everyone saying he wants to be close to family. Well unless he signs with us no way in hell is he close to his family next year and lives out here. so move on or retire next year, if that's how much he want'sto keep his family here. if that was the case then give TB the same offer and throw in next years first top 14 protected. Hammer vrbata and a cap dump, maybe CBJS 2ND I plenty for Drouin. Or they get the same and a top 14 protected 1st next year

I love Edler, but lets do this right.Him and Hanson maybe a plus not any of our top ypoung kids to dallas for nuke honka and a 1st plus we take back one of there cap dumps.

the rest of the players we have left we get pretty much nothing. Although I would love to miller in a flames jersey for there1st. Iknow it wont happen, but with him I think they have the best shot to get the last wild card.  Again it wont happen I doubt he would waive, but what a good trade the flames need a solid goalie they get that for this year and next. And there first this year I highly doubt ends up a lottery pick with the way he's been playing. Imagine him in front of one of the best top 6 D in the league

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

surprised dallas and LA are not going more balls deep into this

La gave up a lot for Sekera and then missed the playoffs so I can understand them being hesitant but Dallas I would think would be involved more so. Their D is pretty awful.

17 minutes ago, SvenBae said:

Some of you are to lunch.

Did you forget the part where these two are rentals? 

A 1st + a prospect + additional picks like some of you are suggesting is ridiculous. No wonder there was so much undeserved outrage at the Granlund trade. We'd be lucky to get Pokka + 2nd for Hamhuis/Vrbata.

I know.  Just imagine the Canucks as a Stanley Cup contender, I highly doubt the majority of CDC would be pushing for Benning to trade high draft picks and prospects with lots of upside for rental players, especially given we know first hand just how important to draft well and develop.  

Just don't know if I could cheer for Chicago.  Dallas much more likely.  Maybe with Boeser triggering the Chelsea Dagger so much it'll be easier.

1 hour ago, theminister said:

CDC POLL QUESTION:

Take Bickell at full price, $4.0 mil for next year, to get a greater return or not worth it?

Almost certainly, but dependent on a number of things:

1. Is anyone else (Burrows, Higgins, Miller) with big cap next year getting moved?

2. What FA targets does JB have? 

3. What's the up-sell?  Another pick or player, an upgrade in prospect?

If we're anticipating not spending full cap on UFAs, then sure, bring him in and we free up more cap for 2017.

Archived