The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT & PGT: Preds vs Nucks, Saturday, Mar.12, 2016, 7 PM PST on CBC

Qwags

I like that the guys are showing a sense of resilience....they aren't buckling under the pressure when they're short handed or the game is brought within reach/a goal.  No roll over and die this game.  These are things that are an important part of the process.

1 minute ago, Green Goblin said:

Okay I respect that. I suppose it probably should have been posted in White Noise.

No, I don't think it belongs,, period.  Rape isn't really something meme-able.  Even if it is about accusations...those who have been victims of rape likely don't find it funny. So we'll let it rest.  :)

2 minutes ago, nuckfan82 said:

I would't even play Vrbata anymore. He doesn't deserve the ice time and he does nothing to contribute on or off the ice. A younger player would contribute more right now.

What would you do? Sit him in the pressbox for the year? I doubt he'd report to the Comets. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What would you do? Sit him in the pressbox for the year? I doubt he'd report to the Comets. 

Sure sit him.It is not going to hurt the team. He is a free agent next year and he won't be back. You can see it in his play that he has given up.

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

So you question a team of young'uns who put together a pretty good win?   I see questioning a team....but give credit where it's due? People whined about boring hockey...now we have a fast pace and guys who aren't skating away from the scrums.  A pretty good fight by one of them.  Guys like Hutton and Baer who are giving us pretty good reason to cheer.  Let's take something away from it, shall we?  Or we could just wallow in misery instead?

What I like to hear from the after hours interview of Jake Virtanen is that he is taking something from this.  He wants to learn from this leadership group.  Love it.  They're getting better every game.

24 minutes ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

You know Luoluver is fan Deb he and many including me are frustrated and that is perfectly fine. I am livid at this season but see huge potential moving forward. Most do, but one win doesnt ease the pain of what is in store.

I guess my deal is this:  if you're "livid at this season" then you may be missing the point.  I watch hockey to see....good hockey.  We're seeing that.  If you ONLY watch to meet a certain agenda, you may be missing out on some stuff.  It was a good game and worth celebrating.  We could get hit by a truck tomorrow....then all the potential in the world doesn't matter.  Because we could have celebrated in the moment...that's how I live.  So you wait for something big/different, but I'm ok with extracting joyful moments out of this when I can.  I've had a lot of crummy things happen in life...I've learned not to be livid over....something I love. And enjoy watching.  We all have our different ways of doing it...but this is a place for fans of the team.  And we've earned every single celebration....small victories, but worth celebrating for some of us.  You hold your breath and......   wait.

There is no pain in this for me (anymore)...2011 made me numb.  I love hockey.  And my team.

Just now, nuckfan82 said:

I am talking about right now. He is a free agent next year and he won't be back. You can see it in his play that he has given up.

I'm not denying that. But the question stands what do you do with him? Can you just release a player before his contract is up?

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm not denying that. But the question stands what do you do with him? Can you just release a player before his contract is up?

No not release him but put him in the press box. Just let him know that if the effort is not there then the younger kids will step in and play in front of him. I think his play sends a bad message to the younger players coming up.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nice that they're putting in the effort but I would hate to suffer through a season like this for a 10th overall pick.

Every win they get right now is hurting their cause.

Exactly. A majority of posters have expressed the same opinion and have gotten negative replies.

Archived