The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT & PGT: Preds vs Nucks, Saturday, Mar.12, 2016, 7 PM PST on CBC

Qwags

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nice that they're putting in the effort but I would hate to suffer through a season like this for a 10th overall pick.

Every win they get right now is hurting their cause.

And every loss would be hurting their confidence.  Their psyche.  Their chemistry and bonding as a team.  There is a silver lining, even if not ideal in the big picture way.  Neither option being perfect.

Just now, Banksy91 said:

Must make separate PGT! If you come in late after the game you have no idea where to start. Very frustrating....

Noted...good point.  Lazy mod changed title because the discussion was continuing here.  Next game will do so, thanks.

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I guess my deal is this:  if you're "livid at this season" then you may be missing the point.  I watch hockey to see....good hockey.  We're seeing that.  If you ONLY watch to meet a certain agenda, you may be missing out on some stuff.  It was  good game and worth celebrating.  We could get hit by a truck tomorrow....then all the potential in the world doesn't matter.  Because we could have celebrated in the moment...that's how I live.  So you wait for something big/different, but I'm ok with extracting joyful moments out of this when I can.  I've had a lot of crummy things happen in life...I've learned not to be livid over....something I love. And enjoy watching.  We all have our different ways of doing it...but this is a place for fans of the team.  And we've earned every single celebration....small victories, but worth celebrating for some of us.  You hold your breath and......   wait.

There is no pain in this for me (anymore)...2011 made me numb.  I love hockey.  And my team.

Sure it was a great game. One out of 15 and thats pushing it this season. You can assume that one ONLY watches to meet certain criteria if they are critical of the team but the reality is the team is way below average and in a state of rebuild.  Our fans are ridiculously passionate and ridiculously we are all guilty of being FANS.

Correct this is a place for FANS of the team, a place to voice joy and displeasure. I cant argue with wanting to feel good after beating NSH. Especially the confidence and experience the rooks gain with wins like this.

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

No, I don't think it belongs,, period.  Rape isn't really something meme-able.  Even if it is about accusations...those who have been victims of rape likely don't find it funny. So we'll let it rest.  :)

Yeah I understand, I probably should have thought it through before posting it. Sorry if it offended anyone.

11 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

If you think they are playing good now, wait until the BEAST shows up.  They may never lose another game this year....

image.jpeg

Imagine, with Tryamkin, we also have a healthy Sutter, healthy Edler, healthy Tanev and a healthy Hansen in the line-up.

Actually, if the Canucks were healthy for most part of the season, they likely would be higher up in the standings and in the playoff picture.

Kind of sucks that a lot of injuries occurred this season. But anyways, if they show effort like they did tonight and win games, I don't mind that.

Great game by the youngins. To those people who don't watch the game and just look at the score expecting a loss are gonna be pretty disappointed. This team is fast and fun to watch and see the young ones improving. I still watch every game and hope the young ones produce and we get a W like today. Great game against a great team hopefully a big time confidence booster and maybe just maybe we win 3 straight??!!

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:
6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:
3 minutes ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Sure it was a great game. One out of 15 and thats pushing it this season. You can assume that one ONLY watches to meet certain criteria if they are critical of the team but the reality is the team is way below average and in a state of rebuild.  Our fans are ridiculously passionate and ridiculously we are all guilty of being FANS.

Correct this is a place for FANS of the team, a place to voice joy and displeasure. I cant argue with wanting to feel good after beating NSH. Especially the confidence and experience the rooks gain with wins like this.

They played 1 good period and slept the rest of the way. We are lucky to escape with a win.

29 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

So you question a team of young'uns who put together a pretty good win?   I see questioning a team....but give credit where it's due? People whined about boring hockey...now we have a fast pace and guys who aren't skating away from the scrums.  A pretty good fight by one of them.  Guys like Hutton and Baer who are giving us pretty good reason to cheer.  Let's take something away from it, shall we?  Or we could just wallow in misery instead?

Sing it sister! 

Fun game to watch. If it's not a top 5 then keep your foot on the pedal and go for a run. that's now 2 gritty in a row. Perhaps Deb is on to something and the yoyo play will stop.. I liked how the twins were a little more edgy and little Bie was a beast..... 

Forget about the tank boys. If Edler, Tanev, Sutter and Hansen were in this current lineup with the kids we'd probably be a playoff team now. So yeah we'll ONLY get a top 8 or top 10 pick this year. Knowing JB we'll probably get a stud player with that pick so I'm not too concerned.  He said only the top 3 players this year were franchise players and the next 10 guys are interchangeable so I'll trust JB's shrewd player evaluation to get us a great player this year. 

Edmonton had FOUR number one overall picks in their lineup tonight INCLUDING a "generational" talent and they got embarrassed by a non-playoff team. So landing a top 3 pick this year doesn't guarantee anything. The kids are playing great right now. They have gained so much confidence since Willie D unleashed them a couple weeks ago. Add in Boeser, Gaunce, Demko, Pedan and the BEAST plus a couple good UFA signings over the next couple years and we're most likely a contender in the next 2-3 years. 

Archived