The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT & PGT: Preds vs Nucks, Saturday, Mar.12, 2016, 7 PM PST on CBC

Qwags

13 minutes ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Sure it was a great game. One out of 15 and thats pushing it this season. You can assume that one ONLY watches to meet certain criteria if they are critical of the team but the reality is the team is way below average and in a state of rebuild.  Our fans are ridiculously passionate and ridiculously we are all guilty of being FANS.

Correct this is a place for FANS of the team, a place to voice joy and displeasure. I cant argue with wanting to feel good after beating NSH. Especially the confidence and experience the rooks gain with wins like this.

Gotta start someplace?  (And it's two now). 

I want the rebuild to start with a team that knows HOW to win and has jump, energy and heart.  Not one that hopes to....plans to.  So they're showing that...I can't be disappointed.  And these are pieces of the team that matter too...people are putting stock into a pick like it's the be all to end all..THE answer.  Heh, I remember them doing that with Lu too.  Like one guy can make a team.  Sure, you can build around one, but all these other players will be part of that.  I want them to be part of a winning culture....I want them to know how to win.  To come out of the gates hungry.  Not losing so that some other guy can come in and save the day.  Make sense?

We've pleaded for players with energy and speed for a couple of years now.....we're seeing some of that but........not now?  Hold back because ?  Just doesn't work that way.  You can't groom them that way.

27 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

And every loss would be hurting their confidence.  Their psyche.  Their chemistry and bonding as a team.  There is a silver lining, even if not ideal in the big picture way.  Neither option being perfect.

Altho the 'Nucks may have lost a lot of 1-goals games,...that still means they were playing a lot of thrilling hockey.

Some games were lost on mere bounces, especially fluke/gaff-filled ones playing 4 on 4 during OT. 

Flip a mere 10 of those points the other way & we are prouder. I dont think a team has to be perennial tankers to win the Cup. There are a host of factors that come in to play to complete a feat such as that. If there is any justice,..I'm praying that the hockey-gods will intervene to help the Sedins, who are beyond good quality pros & mentors,.. to hoist the Holy Grail of NHL hockey as champions before they are retired to the HHoF, wearing their favorite NHL jersies, representing their NHL home of choice, as forever 'Nucks! 

5 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Just when the teams beneath us all start winning we start winning haha I've accepted our fate we aren't good enough for the playoffs but not bad enough to get a top 3 pick.

Most likely won't even be a top 6 pick.

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Gotta start someplace?  (And it's two now). 

I want the rebuild to start with a team that knows HOW to win and has jump, energy and heart.  So they're showing that...I can't be disappointed.  And these are pieces of the team that matter too...people are putting stock into a pick like it's the be all to end all..THE answer.  Heh, I remember them doing that with Lu too.  Like one guy can make a team.  Sure, you can build around one, but all these other players will be part of that.  I want them to be part of a winning culture....I want them to know how to win.  To come out of the gates hungry.  Not losing so that some other guy can come in and save the day.  Make sense?

We've pleaded for players with energy and speed for a couple of years now.....we're seeing some of that but........not now?  Hold back because ?  Just doesn't work that way.  You can't groom them that way.

And that's always been managements position. I'm on board. I honestly believe we are allot farther ahead them some think. Probably allot farther ahead then I even thought. 

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Just when the teams beneath us all start winning we start winning haha I've accepted our fate we aren't good enough for the playoffs but not bad enough to get a top 3 pick.

Not really.

Oilers lost 4-0 to the Coyotes. Leafs lost 4-0 to the Senators.

Those two teams are locks to finish dead last in the league. Then, you have teams like Flames and Jets that have been struggling lately. And there are two more teams below us - Sabres and Blue Jackets.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not really.

Those two teams are locks to finish dead last in the league. Then, you have teams like Flames and Jets that have been struggling lately. And there are two more teams below us - Sabres and Blue Jackets.

Jackets are guna loose tomorrow for sure. You can pencil that in 

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Gotta start someplace?  And I want the rebuild to start with a team that knows HOW to win and has jump, energy and heart.  So they're showing that...I can't be disappointed.  And these are pieces of the team that matter...people are putting stock into a pick like it's the be all to end all..THE answer.  Heh, I remember them doing that with Lu too.  Like one guy can make a team.  Sure, you can build around one, but all these other players will be part of that.  I want them to be part of a winning culture....I want them to know how to win.  To come out of the gates hungry.  Not losing so that some other guy can come in and save the day.  Make sense?

I am with ya Deb holding on to the rail. We need positive gains wherever we can get them.  I dont think drafting will be the end all be all either.  There is an interesting stat that shows first round pics and their potential to play at least 100 games in the NHL.  Trying ot find it ?  After the first 10  the later first round pics traditionally play way more games than those after 10.

The fact is we are a long way off from actually contending in the west. Regardless of the rebuild process and the injury hardships we have faced I can see certain fans wanting to get a really high pick for a bonafied superstar.   Heck I want that as bad as anybody but not at the cost of demoralizing the rookies Ala Edmonton.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not really.

Edmonton, Buffalo and Columbus haven't been that bad in the last 10 games all around 500. Toronto is gonna finish last for sure but I feel Edmonton Buffalo and Columbus have a decent shot in passing us.

11 minutes ago, nuckfan82 said:
4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not really.

We will end up with a 10th or higher pick. Just have a feeling.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not really.

A team with all those picks.  And...they are playing like individuals....not as a team. It's not as easy as plug in and go....so I LOVE that this team is starting to click.  To work as a unit and to gel.  I can't be sorry about that.  Every game that they can build from will help them.  I don't expect it to be an endless deal but I want them to get to know how good this feels.  So they can keep it driving their game.

Archived