The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Last Game; Battle of the Tanks [Van vs Edm 7pm on CBC]

Gstank29

46 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Very scary with the lotto this year. Say we lose cbj wins then cbj in the 4th last position wins a lottery pick and van does not makes the tank not worth it. I say let's just cheer for a win lol end the year right. 

Exactly - careful what you wish for!

This is now the worst season since the late 90's.

3-2 Canucks!

Go Canucks GO!

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Very scary with the lotto this year. Say we lose cbj wins then cbj in the 4th last position wins a lottery pick and van does not makes the tank not worth it. I say let's just cheer for a win lol end the year right. 

It's not just about a chance for the top three pick, it's about how far we can drop down. Since we can drop up to 3 spots, losing (and CBJ winning) means we pick top 6 vs possibly top 7. Could make the difference in our getting Chychrun.

7 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

It's not just about a chance for the top three pick, it's about how far we can drop down. Since we can drop up to 3 spots, losing (and CBJ winning) means we pick top 6 vs possibly top 7. Could make the difference in our getting Chychrun.

Matthews 

Laine

Other Finn with weird name

Tkatchuck

Dubois

Nylander

Chychrun 

So chychrun is rated 7th and i'd probably rather sergachev than him anyways. Either is fine with me. If nylander or Dubois dropped to 7 it would be a steal for us. 

Really not worried

2 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

If we finish 3rd..thats the best we can hope for...and CBJ finishes 4th and wins a lottery pick and we dont...we can pick no worse than 4th..it puts us out of the Matthews or Finns area..then it drops off somewhat ...so basically by tanking against the Oilers its for a very small percentage at the lottery.

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

If we finish 3rd..thats the best we can hope for...and CBJ finishes 4th and wins a lottery pick and we dont...we can pick no worse than 4th..it puts us out of the Matthews or Finns area..then it drops off somewhat ...so basically by tanking against the Oilers its for a very small percentage at the lottery.

Wrong. We can always pick 3 worst than our position.  We can fall to 6th from third. 

Just now, Gooseberries said:

Wrong. We can always pick 3 worst than our position.  We can fall to 6th from third. 

How does that work..I think some of us need a lesson on the draft...is it because the 3 top teams could come from behind us in the lottery?

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

How does that work..I think some of us need a lesson on the draft...is it because the 3 top teams could come from behind us in the lottery?

Exactly 

Let's say we finish third and cbj cal Ari win the lottery

It would go 

CBJ 

Cal

Arizona

Edmonton 

Toronto 

Vancouver 

11 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Last game, meaning no more tanking GIFs.

Phew.

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

The pain is almost over.

Unfortunately... I fear this is just the beginning.

Reality check....without the Sedins, we finish last and eclipse the rest of the losers. 

Just now, gizmo2337 said:

Unfortunately... I fear this is just the beginning.

Reality check....without the Sedins, we finish last and eclipse the rest of the losers. 

We need to dump the Twins and lose this last game and next season too.  Let's get to the bottom, and collect some ELITE talent.

Coilers (McDavid mostly) 6 = Canucks (Bo) 3.  Go Tank Go!!!!

Archived