The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A potential goodbye to Alex Burrows

Brouhaha

Just now, erkayloomeh said:

Burr should finished out his career a canuck and be offered a job upon retirement. One of the most all time best canucks ever

I value him more than linden or naslund in this teams history

He could have a job as the team's official manicurist.  :lol:

Just because he hasnt produced a whole lot this year doesn't mean he is no longer the player he once was. 

He still comes to each game and gives it 110%, he does a lot of the little things that make a big difference especially in the long run. That guy has done everything he has been asked and done it with flying colors, they ask him to agitate, create havoc in the crease, block shots, kill penalties, rotate anywhere from 1st line to 4th and he does it. Shows up to every practice and gives it his all.

that is the exact role model you want in the organization, he loves it here and will do absolutely anything to be here and stay here, why would you want to let that kind of mentorship go, especially in a retool/rebuild. He is a vital piece in this rebuild. The future cannot afford to miss out on this lesson.

I always underestimated Hansen's staying power..never thought I would think he would out last Burr on the depth chart. 

I'm excited to move on and find a replacement with our young crash and bangers. Plus it will be nice to be over the refereeing issues once and for all. Hopefully.

I hope he is back next year.  He has been such a warrior for this team, and even after all the garbage that the media and the league have thrown at him, he is still such a positive force in the room, The young guys can still learn a lot from Burr.

Long live the Dragon slayer!

Oh man watched the videos which were a great tribute. This is guy is a warrior and nobody can take that away from him. His positive attitude and 110% effort that he gave every game make him a great role model to the young kids. Never once could you doubt his effort. Tugged on my heart strings when I saw him shoot an arrow to the skies after his Bruins goal in game 2. This is a guy who was elated by being able to score a clutch goal and win his team a game in the Stanley Cup finals and there he was thinking about his friend who died 3 before that. That's the kind of person you want teaching the young guys. He'll go to war for his teammates every game. He'll stand up for them and back them up every time in any way he can. If it is indeed his last game then it truly is an incredibly sad day. But I would definitely welcome him back with open arms if he returns next season. 

Wish him all the best either way.

Archived