The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Can't post youtube clips at work but a good little ditty by a local band is 'Lucky Ones' by Pride Tiger.  Used to get a lot of play on CFOX but I guess that band in now defunct.  Too bad, that was such a sweet party song.

A couple members of PT also were in 3 Inches of Blood's earliest incarnation.  S.T.R.E.E.T.S too

Love hearin' Joni Mitchell, mornings chillin' at home. This woman painted pictures literally & figuratively.

Full album: Hejira, Blue, Court & Spark, For The Roses

Chilliwack

Robbie Robertson

Kim Mitchell

Jerry Doucette(Mama Let Him Play!)

Barney Bentall(great debut album)

Bryan Reckless

etc...

PS- Forgot KD Lang..whatta voice!

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
cos'
  • Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I had no idea thousand foot krutch was Canadian. I love 'Welcome to the Masquerade ' and 'War of Change'.

Haha yeah, they're from Ontario IIRC.

They actually came to a youth conference in SK and I got to see them live ::D

3 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Could it be the Collins Brothers..they were from Burnaby and their mother was a well known singer in the 60s-70s..Eleanor Collins...there was also 2 other brothers that sang back then..The Raible Brothers..they still do the odd gig around town for a kick.

Thanks, I was thinking of the Raible Brothers. Man, I still remember Tommy Chong playing at the Smilin' Buddha on Main near Hastings. The Cave and Issy's brought in some decent acts. There was another place downtown owned by the Philaponie family (forgive the spelling) it was a bottle club that had all sorts of things going on back in the day.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, YEGCanuck said:

Thanks, I was thinking of the Raible Brothers. Man, I still remember Tommy Chong playing at the Smilin' Buddha on Main near Hastings. The Cave and Issy's brought in some decent acts. There was another place downtown owned by the Philaponie family (forgive the spelling) it was a bottle club that had all sorts of things going on back in the day.

I think it was The Penthouse if not mistaken..